We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Knots and loops » » Cut, tie, slide it off (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
jondark445
View Profile
Special user
717 Posts

Profile of jondark445
Hey Folks:

I thought I'd add to this post since...well...I started it and have found EXACTLY what I was originally looking for. I'm not sure if it's mentioned here, but it's part of Mac King's lecture notes, called MAC KING'S OTHER ROPE TRICK.

Great effect, and thanks for all the suggestions. They certainly helped me look in places I wouldn't have...and I learned a few things in the process.

--Jon
SteveM
View Profile
New user
18 Posts

Profile of SteveM
Can someone please PM me with the answer of the following question: Where can I find the method of this effect...You take a long piece of rope (lets just say 10'), you cut the rope in the center, show the two separate pieces of rope (you do not necessarily have to let them inspect them), tie them together, and slide the knot off (or pop off). I'm sure the answer to this might be in here, but it gets really confusing because the people replying sound confused.
Paddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Milford OH
1571 Posts

Profile of Paddy
SteveM,

Whit Haydn's Mongolian Pop Knot routine (see his site) or any good magic shop will have books describing the how to for this. Look under "cut and restored rope."

Peter
Non Impediti Ratione Cogitationis

I reject your reality & substitute my own

http://www.Scho-Lan.com
SteveM
View Profile
New user
18 Posts

Profile of SteveM
I forgot to add that in the end, it's still one rope. But thank you, I will look around.
jolyonjenkins
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
1155 Posts

Profile of jolyonjenkins
You might want to look at Fiber Optics, which shows you how to do some of this basic stuff and a great deal more, too.
Jolyon Jenkins
Daegs
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
4282 Posts

Profile of Daegs
Neither Fiber Optics nor Mongolian Pop Knot will allow you to show both pieces of rope right before the knot popping off.

In Mongolian, you show 3 different separate pieces of rope, tie them together with 2 knots, and then have both knots pop-off... But at no point can you simply show 2 pieces of rope in separate hands, tie them together, have the knot pop off, and restore them.
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11047 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
Steve,
Welcome to the Magic Café. The "Junior Walking Knot" will work. It does everything you ask, except it is not inspectable at the end. This has been a very difficult topic to answer because people keep changing the question.
HAVE FUN
Al Angello
Al Angello The Comic Juggler/Magician
http://www.juggleral.com
http://home.comcast.net/~juggleral/
"Footprints on your ceiling are almost gone"
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Knots and loops » » Cut, tie, slide it off (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL