The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Mustle pass and some other questions (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Jacob Smith
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, OH
1880 Posts

Profile of Jacob Smith
Where can I find a dvd that teaches the mustle pass in depth?ive also lately been interested in learning some of the newer palms like nowhere palm,web grip,ect. where can where can I also learn these?
Fingers
View Profile
Inner circle
Pennsylvania, USA
1330 Posts

Profile of Fingers
Dan Watkins does a good job on the explanation of the muscle pass on his site http://www.coinvanish.com , he even has a short video clip on it there too. All very helpful.
Where I go, so do my coins.....
Batty
View Profile
New user
83 Posts

Profile of Batty
The muscle pass doesn't need a dvd. It is just practice, practice, practice. And with practice, your muscles become stronger so you can do a better muscle pass.
-=Ralph=-
View Profile
Regular user
New York
111 Posts

Profile of -=Ralph=-
Quote:
On 2006-07-19 10:02, Batty wrote:
The muscle pass doesn't need a dvd. It is just practice, practice, practice. And with practice, your muscles become stronger so you can do a better muscle pass.

Well how would you practice it if you have no idea how it was done? I agree that it doesn't need a dedicated DVD on the subject but the video and instructions on the coinvanish site did an amazing job of explaining how to do it!!
Batty
View Profile
New user
83 Posts

Profile of Batty
The coinvanish dite is where I learned my muscle pass. And I didn't say it didn't need instructions, but it didn't need a dvd. Sorry for the misinterpretation. And I'm pretty sure that the muscle pass is easier to learn if you have a strong classic palm (just a tip if it doesn't say it at the coinvanish site).
solidimageartsllc
View Profile
Regular user
Los Angeles
176 Posts

Profile of solidimageartsllc
Magician 336, like the others, I first learned about it on the coinvanish.com site. My interest was renewed when I saw it performed and explained on the New Modern Coin Magic DVD - and within a week, I was able to get the coin to jump just under a foot in some instances (average is about half that height). More to the point, the placement of the coin where its edge lies closer to the base of the thumb was the critical tip that made it work. Good luck! -Dan
Take infinite pain to make something look effortless - Michelangelo
-=Ralph=-
View Profile
Regular user
New York
111 Posts

Profile of -=Ralph=-
Quote:
On 2006-07-19 10:57, Batty wrote:
The coinvanish dite is where I learned my muscle pass. And I didn't say it didn't need instructions, but it didn't need a dvd. Sorry for the misinterpretation. And I'm pretty sure that the muscle pass is easier to learn if you have a strong classic palm (just a tip if it doesn't say it at the coinvanish site).

Nah, no need to appologize! I'm the one who misinterpreted what you were saying!

I learned how to do the muscle pass on the coinvanish site as well. I thought I new how to do it before, but boy was I wrong!! That said... I still can't do it well but at least I now know the correct way to do it!!!

Ralph
JTW
View Profile
Special user
Florida
670 Posts

Profile of JTW
Seek out the original source...here is a start look for books by Arthur Buckley. You will be rewarded for reading through the magic of this man. As far as the nowhere palm...I don't know that it has been officially published-it's a move of Geoff Latta's that appeared in a Gary Kurtz routine in his book. I don't think permission was given to publish the move there but Geoff is a member here so better to ask him where you could learn it.
Good Luck on your search,
JTW
Rik Chew
View Profile
Special user
538 Posts

Profile of Rik Chew
I think Geoff has now published NWP, but I might be wrong. Denis Behr uses it in his 3-Fly on his site, and I think Geoff has it in a routione on the Coinvention Coins Across DVD.
Here is my Hanging Coins (still work in progress and has improved since this vid!)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4RfBOuavi......%20coins
Jacob Smith
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, OH
1880 Posts

Profile of Jacob Smith
All right I went to coin vanish and I know the technique and surpridingly I can get almost 5in. in hight every few passes without a hand motion.thanks for telling me about coinvanish.
Jacob Smith
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, OH
1880 Posts

Profile of Jacob Smith
I also forgot to mention I just found a good source for a majority of the palm I just found out are on the coinvention double dvd set so ill just get that.just in case I also contacted geoff latta about the nowhere palm.

thanks for helping a noob,
jacob
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Mustle pass and some other questions (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL