The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » What happened, was this... » » What is the most outrageous explanation for your trick said by your spectator? (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
pghdude80
View Profile
New user
Pittsburgh
72 Posts

Profile of pghdude80
"I was not amused by that at all - it was not Haiti- it was the Yanomamö People of Central Brazil, who are one of the oldest examples of the classic pre-Columbian forest footmen. The Yanomamö live in almost complete seclusion in the Amazon rain forests of South America and, according to many anthropologists, are perhaps the last culture to have come in contact with the modern world. The last thing they need is some self-serving magician to come to their tribe and show them "magic" - they do not understand such concepts, and do not need to have their culture messed with."

I'm sorry Marvello, but you obviously copied much of this information on the Yanomamö People from here:
http://www.mnsu.edu/emuseum/cultural/sou......amo.html

If you want to attack Blaine for his actions (and I'm not in disagreement with you there) please do not present the words of another as your own. This is, even in the computer age, plagiarism.

J
Marvello
View Profile
Inner circle
It's amazing how little I can say in
1612 Posts

Profile of Marvello
Quote:
On 2007-05-05 21:41, pghdude80 wrote:
"I was not amused by that at all - it was not Haiti- it was the Yanomamö People of Central Brazil, who are one of the oldest examples of the classic pre-Columbian forest footmen. The Yanomamö live in almost complete seclusion in the Amazon rain forests of South America and, according to many anthropologists, are perhaps the last culture to have come in contact with the modern world. The last thing they need is some self-serving magician to come to their tribe and show them "magic" - they do not understand such concepts, and do not need to have their culture messed with."

I'm sorry Marvello, but you obviously copied much of this information on the Yanomamö People from here:

If you want to attack Blaine for his actions (and I'm not in disagreement with you there) please do not present the words of another as your own. This is, even in the computer age, plagiarism.

J
Sorry - never saw that page before, and I don't see any references to Blaine on that page either Smile If you are referring to the info in the "History" section on that page, check wikipedia and then check to see who edited the page to add that info Smile
Never criticize someone else until you have walked a mile in their shoes. Then, when you do criticize them, you will be a mile away from them and you will have their shoes.
pghdude80
View Profile
New user
Pittsburgh
72 Posts

Profile of pghdude80
Quote:
On 2007-05-06 07:34, Marvello wrote:
Quote:
On 2007-05-05 21:41, pghdude80 wrote:

J
Sorry - never saw that page before, and I don't see any references to Blaine on that page either Smile If you are referring to the info in the "History" section on that page, check wikipedia and then check to see who edited the page to add that info Smile

*Slowly removes foot from mouth* Sorry, I suppose my teaching career has left me overly sensitive to such things. My bad!

J
ibm_usa
View Profile
Special user
In Your Mind, Ky, USA
722 Posts

Profile of ibm_usa
The Zombie effect, one person said it was from outer space, the other said I had a magnets surgically implanted all over my body.
The Linking Rings (without magnets) people thought the rings were magnets, which these weren't..seems the secret on magnetic linking rings is out.
The Lota Bowl, Someone said I had an invisible water pipe leading from the floor into my shirt and into the bowl
"You may think that i only talk of things from the past, you know, history, well magic is history"

-Guy Jarrett

"Curiosity isn't a sin Harry, but it should be exorcised with great caution."

-Albus Dumbledore (Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire)
http://www.jordanallen-mentalist.webs.com/
Matthew W
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
2456 Posts

Profile of Matthew W
"You have a m******c pen with a second t*p and the quarter has a r****r b**d where its cut in half. You cant fool me."

"Where would you get a silly idea like that?"

"The internet"

D@mn she was right.
-Matt
swingjunkie
View Profile
New user
83 Posts

Profile of swingjunkie
I did a simple pen-up-the-nose-and-out-the-mouth gag. Someone asked me in a serious voice "Is that a fake nose?" I which I knew where to hide the real one. lol.
michaelmystic2003
View Profile
Inner circle
3062 Posts

Profile of michaelmystic2003
I did Mike Skutt's Quarter Up The Nose and the person said I shoved the quarter in my mouth.

I performed Interlace and the person said I shoved their ring down my pants.

I performed the Zombie ball on stage and a person later said that the cloth was magnetic.. Pfft, then I guess it's the mystery of the floating cloth then eh?

I performed Dan Harlan's Hovercard anda spectator said I did it with twi repelling magnets that also have a bit of attraction mixed in. Well, at least I know he didn't see the gimmick!
Learn more about my upcoming book of close up magic and theory SYNTHESIS & SECRETS: A Magic Book in Four Acts: https://www.michaelkrasworks.com/synthesis-secrets
ssucahyo
View Profile
Inner circle
1955 Posts

Profile of ssucahyo
One from the audience told me, my Floating Table is battery operated!!!
SSG
View Profile
New user
55 Posts

Profile of SSG
Every Christmas, I'm asked to do some magic for the extended family (I hate it more each year.) My cynical uncle always offers lamebrained explanations, going to great lengths to let me know he's not impressed.

"He uses trick cards," he says.

He was not enthused when his daughter pointed out that I was using a borrowed deck.
Ximines
View Profile
Regular user
Minnesota
154 Posts

Profile of Ximines
Once, at the end of a show that I did for 7-year old kid's birthday party, the kid's older sister came up to me with her friend and said, "can we see your magic wand?" Then they walked away, laughing.

I was speechless.
trickytrav
View Profile
Veteran user
391 Posts

Profile of trickytrav
I once vanished a red silk with a TT and was told that the silk turned to the same colour as my flesh.Irridescent is the word I think he used,
Yola Sol
View Profile
New user
Netherlands
51 Posts

Profile of Yola Sol
Old time favourite: 'It's magic. Duh.'
On the road of life, don't forget to stop and eat the roses
jay leslie
View Profile
V.I.P.
Southern California
9498 Posts

Profile of jay leslie
After performing the 100 foot rope tie at a school, the PTA moms were standing around and one said "I know how you get out if the rope... You have something in your vest you pump up" I said no. She "Then you must have something in your shirt you pump up" I said no. She "THEN you MUST have something in your pants you pump up!"

At which time she realized what she said, turned three different colors - and ran out of the room
Justin Style
View Profile
Inner circle
2010 Posts

Profile of Justin Style
I was performing close-up magic at a very high-end social event, in NYC. I had my own table and some chairs for guests to sit in while I performed. I was finished and heading through the exit when a high profile celeb came over to me. He said that his uncle was a magician and "I know exactly what you were doing with those coins, the only thing is, I have no idea how the heck you were doing it."
jay leslie
View Profile
V.I.P.
Southern California
9498 Posts

Profile of jay leslie
And the former assistant who was 60 some who complemented me on how well my assistant could fit in the 1 inch thick board under the sword basket. Not in the basket... in the board. How did she know, I told you, she was a former assistant to some other maji and knew the assistants always fit in the base as the way ALL illusions work.
daviaac
View Profile
Veteran user
351 Posts

Profile of daviaac
I once had someone ask me after a retention vanish and re-apearance with a dollar was it done with sticky tape?

I still to this day have no idea where the tape was supposed to go

luke
- the secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources
pepka
View Profile
Inner circle
Uh, I'm the one on the right.
5041 Posts

Profile of pepka
I love this thread.

One night after performing cups and balls behind the bar, (3 cups, 4 loads) a woman came up and wanted to know where the 4th cup went. She picked up all my cups, thinking that there were 2 stuck together. She said I HAD to have a 4th cup because there's no way I could have produced 4 pieces of fruit from under 3 cups.
donrodrigo
View Profile
Special user
U.S.A. and Europe
635 Posts

Profile of donrodrigo
Videokideo, Magicians do it with sponge balls
donrodrigo
View Profile
Special user
U.S.A. and Europe
635 Posts

Profile of donrodrigo
Ok as a dove worker doves from no-where ws told that the 2 doves came from inside the pole to were the net is attached.
sinergy22
View Profile
New user
Madison, WI
17 Posts

Profile of sinergy22
I did a Scotch and Soda routine in the hand of a spectator, and she claimed that I put two coins in, but one dissolves when exposed to the heat and moisture of your hand. =P
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » What happened, was this... » » What is the most outrageous explanation for your trick said by your spectator? (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL