The Magic Café
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Palming Cards (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Rob Pond
View Profile
Regular user
Scott, OH
156 Posts

Profile of Rob Pond
I was wondering if anyone knew if any poker size palming cards were made? I have seen many Bride size palming decks, but I like the look of Poker size cards better for singles. I also wondered if it would be a bad ideal to learn to backp*** bride and poker size cards?
Rob Pond
View Profile
Regular user
Alberta, Canada
158 Posts

Profile of landon
Hi there,
McBride's cards are poker size. I don't know how to post a link but if you go on or do a google search for poker manipulation cards you should find them. In regards to poker vs bridge cards poker cards are far superior IMO. But it's a personal preference. I'd say find out which works best for you and stick with that size.

From my experience, switching back and forth between sizes only messes things up since your hands get accustomed to a certain size. I'm no pro though so maybe others can give you some better advice.

Oh, the best cards IMO are worked in BEE brand cards. Peter Marvey's cards are O.K. if you want huge stocks but they're bridge and don't fan nearly as well as Bees. Anyways, hopes this helps. Good luck.

Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22043 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Pond, if you can backpalm poker size cards, bridge size will come naturally, without much effort. I found it easier when I learned on poker and switched to bridge.

They are called manipulation cards, if you are speaking of the thin style bridge cards like Norm Neilsen's.

McBrides cards are only printed in a brown color back design, outside of that they are just like ordinary cards, they are not thinner then a regular deck of Bees or bikes.

Eariler on the Café someone posted there is a deck called magician cards from Japan that are thin poker size cards, I have not found them anywhere. There are Magician Cards, but they are bridge size.
Vietnam Veteran 1967, Sgt. E-5

Graduate of Chavez College of Prestidigitation and Showmanship

"Magic With A Twist Of Comedy"
Rob Pond
View Profile
Regular user
Scott, OH
156 Posts

Profile of Rob Pond
Thanks for the advice. I think I will just get a lot of different styles of manipulation cards and work with them, and if I can find one in poker size I will use them.
Rob Pond
View Profile
Special user
530 Posts

I just bought a deck of "thin" palming cards sold by Trevor Duff. I think he said that Murphy's magic was selling them which means you should be able to get them from just about any magic dealer. These cards are bridge size though. The thin deck is about half the thickness of a Norm Neilsen deck. I have not worked with them yet, but you may want to check them out.

See them here
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Palming Cards (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL