The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » The use of Sight Gags (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Arkadia
View Profile
Special user
Sweden, Sundsvall
866 Posts

Profile of Arkadia
Quote:
On 2006-07-25 01:04, Danny Hustle wrote:
Tons of stuff like that in Pat Page's books 1012 clown props and his new book on physical comedy.

Hi Danny! Where can I find his books?

/Ark
Don't miss out on the great new mentalist magic: www.metalwriting.com
Danny Hustle
View Profile
Inner circle
Boston, MA USA
2393 Posts

Profile of Danny Hustle
Most magic shops carry Pat Pages books. eBay is another great resource for his stuff.

Best,

Dan-

"MT is one of the reasons we started this board! I’m so sick of posts being deleted without any reason given, and by unknown people at that." - Steve Brooks Sep 7, 2001 8:38pm
©1999-2014 Daniel Denney all rights reserved.
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2696 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
Quote:
On 2006-07-31 05:11, Lee Darrow wrote:
Another one I do is the "limp arm" bit, where the arm "dangles" from the elbow and you tap it with the other hand and it swings back and forth like a pendulum. Tap it harder, and it swings wider. Smack it and it goes ALL the way around!

I saw Sandy Duncan do that in "Peter Pan"
"He was born with the gift of laughter and a sense that the world was mad." - Rafael Sabatini, Scaramouche
Michael Taggert
View Profile
Special user
Fredericksburg Virginia
653 Posts

Profile of Michael Taggert
I like the giant "match Sticks" These cigarette lighters that look like a match are popping up everywhere but they have their moments.
They look great when used to light juggling torches
Believe you then that I do strange things
Pokie-Poke
View Profile
Special user
Bensalem, PA
883 Posts

Profile of Pokie-Poke
I make a big balloon flower with a long stem. break the stem off at the flower holding the air in the stem. pantomime smelling the flower, then hand it to some one. when they take it but the stem let it go and walk off smelling the flower.
I normally put a loop at the bottom of the flower so after the stem flys away I can go back and give the flower to ware on there wrist.
Popping, or riping balloons is great, people love it, and works for a build to needle threw balloon, bill-oon. so on.
www.pokie-poke.com
The Adventure cont...
mplegare
View Profile
Veteran user
Forest Grove, Oregon
310 Posts

Profile of mplegare
I've been using a "gag bag" as a receptacle for the ropes I use in my Standard Intro - the sort of bag which, each time you turn it inside out, the fabric is a different color and pattern?

Sometimes I notice it, but sometimes I just keep right on talking as if this sort of thing happens to me all the time (and it does!)... it's not a grab-em-by-the-hair sight gag, but it's a darn fine example of "trolling for eyeballs".

... either that or some of the stuff I do in my show is solely for my amusement. Anyone else laughs, that's collateral entertainment.
Matthew Legare aka Tobias the Adequate! - http://www.adequateblog.today.com - you know you want to.
Watchmaker
View Profile
Veteran user
372 Posts

Profile of Watchmaker
This can be crude but in the right situation can be very funny. Take the guts out of a pen (the kind with a cap) and put a rectal thermometer in there. When you need to have someone sign something take out the pen and remove the cap and look at it like you don't understand what it is. Then say "you know what?, I think some a$#%$*@ has my pen"!

Please don't be rude if you do this or if kids are around.
Magic1
View Profile
Veteran user
Los Angeles
375 Posts

Profile of Magic1
Gazzo does/did a wonderful bit where he offers a kid a dollar for helping him and keeps faking the kid out with a dollar bill snatcher. Robert Baxt also uses a reel with a breast pocket hankerchief. There is just something about stuff zipping back to places that makes people laugh.

M1
bluemagic
View Profile
Loyal user
271 Posts

Profile of bluemagic
Here some old ideas , but good ones.
bluemagic
View Profile
Loyal user
271 Posts

Profile of bluemagic
Can a gag open your act ?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » The use of Sight Gags (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.53 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL