The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » "Dots Incredible" discrepancy (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Hushai
View Profile
Elite user
St. Louis, Missouri, USA
460 Posts

Profile of Hushai
I have been trying to figure out Al Cohen's trick "Dots Incredible." If I'm reading the directions right, it seems to have what looks to me like a glaring discrepancy built into it -- when you spread the cards, the face-up, face-down situation is not what the observant spectator will expect it to be -- is it? Or am I just misreading the way this works? Or is the spectator not supposed to notice the problem? If you know the trick you will know what I mean. Thanks.
Rennie
View Profile
Inner circle
I think I have about
1822 Posts

Profile of Rennie
Hushai,
I know exactly what you are saying. After placing the 1 red card between the 2 blue and the 1 blue between the 2 red and turning both piles over. You think the spectator will notice 1 card face up in each pile. Trust me they will never notice, just do the trick per the instructions and you will see. It is never noticed, trust me ok ?
Rennie
The effect is the important thing, how you achieve it is not.......
Lee Darrow
View Profile
V.I.P.
Chicago, IL USA
3588 Posts

Profile of Lee Darrow
If you don't comment on it, or point it out, or make a big deal out of it, the spectators tend not to notice. In fact, at he conclusion, they are left with almost a secorn mystery - how did the cards all turn around the same way?! That's if I remember the trick correctly - it's been a lot of years since I messed with it and a VERY long night as well...

Just a thought...

Lee Darrow, C.H.
http://www.leedarrow.com
<BR>"Because NICE Matters!"
Hushai
View Profile
Elite user
St. Louis, Missouri, USA
460 Posts

Profile of Hushai
Thank you, friends! I will give it a try.
Rennie
View Profile
Inner circle
I think I have about
1822 Posts

Profile of Rennie
Quote:
On 2006-07-22 08:43, Lee Darrow wrote:
If you don't comment on it, or point it out, or make a big deal out of it, the spectators tend not to notice. In fact, at he conclusion, they are left with almost a secorn mystery - how did the cards all turn around the same way?! That's if I remember the trick correctly - it's been a lot of years since I messed with it and a VERY long night as well...

Just a thought...

Lee Darrow, C.H.

Lee,
You remember the trick well. And you are correct, they will never notice it unless it is pointed out to them. The trick is very easy to perform, just go do it..
Rennie
The effect is the important thing, how you achieve it is not.......
Patrick Differ
View Profile
Inner circle
1540 Posts

Profile of Patrick Differ
They never notice it. In fact, if you try to explain it, it'll take most people about five minutes to understand you. Have no fear whatsoever. I've been doing that trick on and off for 20 years and NEVER has anyone said anything.
Will you walk into my parlour? said the Spider to the Fly,
Tis the prettiest little parlour that ever you did spy;
The way into my parlour is up a winding stair,
And I've a many curious things to show when you are there.

Oh no, no, said the little Fly, to ask me is in vain,
For who goes up your winding stair
-can ne'er come down again.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » "Dots Incredible" discrepancy (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL