The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Gambling Spot » » Private Poker (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
If you look at this, at about the half way point at 36.00 minutes or whatever it is, you see a typical private poker game procedure in the UK. This particular one is not a cash game but just a little comp, however the procedure is the same.
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=......mp;hl=en

Assume you are a dealer and working with a partner having to conform to these procedures. What method would you use to beat such a game? Note a table deal is used and so on. Assume there would be no eye or anyone overlooking the game but just the dealer and the players. When I say "methods" I mean manipulations, rather than marked cards and so on.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21263 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Does just play well and use prayer count as a "move"?
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Mr. Z
View Profile
Special user
818 Posts

Profile of Mr. Z
Quote:
On 2006-07-22 06:17, tommy wrote:
If you look at this, at about the half way point at 36.00 minutes or whatever it is, you see a typical private poker game procedure in the UK. This particular one is not a cash game but just a little comp, however the procedure is the same.
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=......mp;hl=en

Assume you are a dealer and working with a partner having to conform to these procedures. What method would you use to beat such a game? Note a table deal is used and so on. Assume there would be no eye or anyone overlooking the game but just the dealer and the players. When I say "methods" I mean manipulations, rather than marked cards and so on.

Riffle, circle, or peek stacks. Bin coolers. Peek/flash and shuffle-related scams to control the flop turn and river.

Rather elementary, Watson...
"...if you have to say you is, you ain't."--Jimmy Hoffa
Andrei
View Profile
Veteran user
Romania
353 Posts

Profile of Andrei
What's a bin cooler?

Ich bin ein Cooler!

Andrei
Paul H
View Profile
Inner circle
UK South Coast
1135 Posts

Profile of Paul H
Come to that Andrei, what is a circle or peek stack? Holmes?

Paul H
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
When you have excluded the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, is the Steve Forte book.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
Paul H
View Profile
Inner circle
UK South Coast
1135 Posts

Profile of Paul H
Elementary my dear Tommy. Actually, Tommy, your post is hilarious.

Best

Paul H
sodman12
View Profile
Special user
raleigh
601 Posts

Profile of sodman12
I think stacking is would be in my ability at this table.
you can fool all of the people some of the time and some of the people all the time but never all of the people all the time.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Gambling Spot » » Private Poker (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL