We Remember The Magic Caf We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magical Accessories » » Looking for source - Close Up Table (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

RandyM
View Profile
Special user
579 Posts

Profile of RandyM
Hi,

Anyone know of a source that makes nice Closeup Tables (similar to the one on the L&L pub Vid/DVD but not needed as large). I've seen a few but the $400-$600 range seemed a bit much. I'm sure they are relatively easy to make but since I don't have the skills or time I thought someone here might know. I remember seeing them on a certain auction site and should of bought then but I can't seem to locate it anymore.

RandyM
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
23046 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
I believe you posted this is the wrong section, try lets make a deal section of the Café.

The reason these close-up tables are so expensive is because of the woods they use to make them. Hard wood like oak, maple, etc are very expensive wood to purchase and to work with.

If you do not want to make one yourself, then be prepared to pay a craftsman for his skill and labor.

These table are also considered fine furniture, and as such, the price asked for. Mike Ammar in his lecture told a story, how he used a $400 table in a show, when ask a spectator to sign his card, the person dragged the marker pen over the very expensive felt top, perminately ruining and marking the table.

He said he no longer uses his expensive table for his close up shows.
RandyM
View Profile
Special user
579 Posts

Profile of RandyM
Well thanks to a fellow member "Diamond Jim" I was able to build my own. This was my first attempt and I'm quite pleased with my new practice table, I'm currently working on one that will be taken with me on shows.

The photo's came out kinda a crummy, but the surface is pristine even though it looks like there is a line or spot on it. I used a velvet type material in black with 1/4" soft foam underneath. The drape is actually black with silver stars even though it showed up red in the pic.

The legs unscrew, and the drape comes off thanks to velcro. I've also added a hidden servante'. Anyway, I'm proud of it and here's a link to see a pic
http://home.comcast.net/~coppercat/Index.html

Thanks Jim for all your help
RandyM
Jim Davis
View Profile
Special user
What is....? Utah
945 Posts

Profile of Jim Davis
Hi Randy,

Your table looks awesome for a first timer!! You have built something to be proud of. If you take proper care of it, you will get many years of use! That white foam works miracles, doesn't it?

I am glad that I could help a fellow brother of magic!

Take care!

Jim
Diamond Jim Davis "The Cardslinger" ~~~ Magic from the '80's....................the 1880's!
<BR><BR>
<BR><BR>Don't just be a magician, be a human interest!
<BR><BR>
<BR><BR>[url]www.periodplayers.com[/ur
ChristianR
View Profile
Veteran user
356 Posts

Profile of ChristianR
I love it! How much did it cost to build it? Is the design secret or could you share? Awesome job.
Tarbell!
RandyM
View Profile
Special user
579 Posts

Profile of RandyM
Actually this was very cheap to make, I would estimate about $60.00. I completed this in just about one day. Thanks for the compliment much appreciated. If you would like more information with regards on how to make one , please PM me.

RandyM
Peter Austin
View Profile
New user
14 Posts

Profile of Peter Austin
Hi Everyone!

I'm not sure if this post is allowed but I am a master woodworker and I make many Illusions, props and tables, if anyone needs something made at a reasonalbe price let me know. I also have many other things available for kids shows, doves and rabbits.

Peter Austin
Justin N. Miller
View Profile
Inner circle
2457 Posts

Profile of Justin N. Miller
My signature tables are now ready.
http://www.closeupjm.com

Justin N.Miller
Vinnie Laraway
View Profile
Inner circle
1273 Posts

Profile of Vinnie Laraway
Justin, will you also be supplying tables that have legs?

Thanks
-Vinnie
Justin N. Miller
View Profile
Inner circle
2457 Posts

Profile of Justin N. Miller
Vinnie,
I will talk to the manufactuer who makes my tables.
Justin N. Miller
raywitko
View Profile
Special user
western Pa
527 Posts

Profile of raywitko
Tabman USA is still in business as we have taken it over. tabmantables.com
Ray
Sometimes it seems there are more than one of me.

Tabman USA
magicdmv
email me at [email]fursclass@magicdmv.com[/email]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magical Accessories » » Looking for source - Close Up Table (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL