The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Throw Streamer Holder (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Lou Hilario
View Profile
Inner circle
2220 Posts

Profile of Lou Hilario
What kind of holder do you use for your throw streamer? At present, I just steal it from my pocket or table. I want to steal it from under my vest or jacket and haven't figured out the best way to do so.
Magic, Illusions, Juggling, Puppet & Parrot Show ^0^
http://www.louhilario.net
Darkwing
View Profile
Inner circle
Nashville Tn
1845 Posts

Profile of Darkwing
Lou,

Same here, I have tried clips, pins, etc. and nothing seems to work well. I an using a square type kabuki streamer. I've found that the problem is not the hold out but the position so you can get into your throw position.

Whattype of streamer are you using?
RandyStewart
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas (USA)
1990 Posts

Profile of RandyStewart
Have you considered sewing a pocket slightly larger than the streamer with the opening on the side instead the top? The kabuki is square and a pocket about it's size, sewn onto the vest may work for you. The arm and hand held to the side and near the vest would allow your thumb to enter the pocket from the side (slightly more natural position) and pull the streamer out. I only tried this after noticing my steal for the streamer from the top of a pocket on vest was much more noticeable.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22040 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Remember steals should not be at the same time as the productions. It is always best to wait a beat or do a move or production before the production of the item just stolen.

It will work if you work on it, make it part of you. As many have suggested, learn your mannerisms or you may even have to create some stage mannerisms for you act. Watch yourself in a mirror or the best is to tape or video yourself. This will tell you were and when to place and produce something.
Vietnam Veteran 1967, Sgt. E-5

Graduate of Chavez College of Prestidigitation and Showmanship

"Magic With A Twist Of Comedy"
graywolf
View Profile
Special user
South carolina
631 Posts

Profile of graywolf
I tape mine in the bottom of a very small DIXIE CUP.This can be stolen from anywhere.You never have to look or feel how to throw it.You can put a loop of catgut on it for a very easy steal from a pocket or table well...Cordially,Howard
kregg
View Profile
Inner circle
1958 Posts

Profile of kregg
I vested mine. When I didn't wear a vest I used my pants pocket.
POOF!
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7351 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
David Cressey suggested an empty toilet tissue roll. It does work depending on the number of coils you use. You might be able to take a plastic tube used on golf clubs, add a pin and flip out cover on the end to drop it into your hand. Getting the coil into position to throw is another manner.

Richard
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
Darkwing
View Profile
Inner circle
Nashville Tn
1845 Posts

Profile of Darkwing
I recall on a former post seeing where someone used the top off of one of those plastic containers that you get out of vending machines. You know, the vending machines that have the cheap toys that my daughter is always bugging me to spend money on. Using the Cressy throw streamers, you use the top and glue the streamer into to it and then glue a loop on the other side made from nylon thread or even a pipe cleaner. You cover the opening with tissue paper when you need to let loose the streamer you pop it with your thumb and let it loose. Anyone else recall that post?

David Williams
EvanMagic
View Profile
Elite user
Winnipeg, MB
471 Posts

Profile of EvanMagic
Why not use a mouse trap and have it screwed to the inside of your case? Than allow the metal spring mechanism to hold the streamer package in place. It works for me.

Evan
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Throw Streamer Holder (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL