The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Sleeve Bouquet Problem (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Lou Hilario
View Profile
Inner circle
2220 Posts

Profile of Lou Hilario
I produce 2 sleeve bouquets (6 blooms each) in my opening act. Both are in my right sleeve with a cloth holder tube sewn inside my jacket sleeve.
My problem is that it keeps on coming out of my sleeve when I move. If I insert it too deep, sometimes, it is hard to pull out. So I have to keep my right hand frozen until I produce these flowers by holding a top hat.
Is there a way to "lock" it in the right position? I tried attaching snaps in between the metal loops but it looks obvious.
Magic, Illusions, Juggling, Puppet & Parrot Show ^0^
http://www.louhilario.net
Jimmy Joza
View Profile
Special user
New York City
742 Posts

Profile of Jimmy Joza
My cloth holders, which I bought from Richard Hughes, have an elastic which can be adjusted to prevent the sleeve bouquet from slipping out. Perhaps you can try an elastic around the cloth holder.

Jimmy
"Those who simply walk in others' tracks leave no footprints."
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22040 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
I hope you do not mean you have both bouquets in one sleeve tube/holder! One tube/holder per bouquet. The holder should be pinned at the armpit. Jimmy is correct, the holders I have made by Abbott's and a custom model for a 5 bloom bouquet both have elastic sewn in the hem at the bottom of the opening. These need to be adjusted for tension and opening of the tube to allow the bouquet to flow out easily.

It also may be you have the tubes to large in diameter, which does not grip the bouquets at all. My custom model I inserted jacket lining material on the inside to reduce friction when pulling out the bouquet.
Vietnam Veteran 1967, Sgt. E-5

Graduate of Chavez College of Prestidigitation and Showmanship

"Magic With A Twist Of Comedy"
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7351 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
First off let me say that If I were doing this as an opening effect, I would not use a load sleeve. I would just put the bouqets down the sleeve.

I am not sure of the exact problem. My load sleeves have the elastic at about 1/3 down from the top. This makes for minimal resistance to the bouquet coming out of the tube. If the elastic is at the bottom, you are fighting that resistance the entire way which is unnecessary.

This might help you some. Sew the two load sleeves ( one per bouquet) and attach a piece of ribbon to the top of the two. The other end of the ribbon is pinned or sewn in the armpit area of the jacket so the bouquets hang in the proper position. It also makes it easier to load as you can put the bouquets in to the sleeves and then just drop them down the sleeve.

Let me know if this helps any.

Richard
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
Lou Hilario
View Profile
Inner circle
2220 Posts

Profile of Lou Hilario
Thanks Richard, I will shorten my load sleeve tubes and attach an elastic cord 1/3 down from the top. I am using Marshall bouquets. I am planning to get a set from you in the future.
At present, my load sleeve tubes do not have an elastic at the end. That is perhaps why it keeps on pushing out of my sleeves.
Just one question, you said that one of the ends is attached to the armpit, how about the other end? Is it just free or also attached to the lining of the sleeve?
RandyStewart
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas (USA)
1990 Posts

Profile of RandyStewart
Free

Or..........where is the fish behind me in the avatar?
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18559 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Pat Page does the best two bouquet production that I have seen... and he doesn't use any tubes etc., just puts them into his sleeves. The key to his move is he DOES NOT pull them out, but pulls his arms away leaving the flowers come into view.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7351 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
Yes, Pat's thing is very good. It is similar to my Hoopla which is demonstrated on the website. Yes, the key is to keep the one hand stationary.

Lou, the one end of the ribbon is attached to the two load sleeves and the other end of the ribbon is attached to the arm pit area. The end with the rings is loose. It cannot come out as it is anchored at the other end. If the bouquets are slipping out, try putting a rubber band or elastic loop about 1/3 of the way down from the top to snug it up. I came up with this method of loading to use with my theatrical clients that have to teach non magicians how to do magic. Hope this helps.

Richard
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7351 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
Lou,
Did this ever work out for you?
Richard
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Lou Hilario
View Profile
Inner circle
2220 Posts

Profile of Lou Hilario
Yes Richard, it did work for me. I shortened the tube and disconnected the other end which was attached in my inner sleeve.

Thanks,
Lou
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Sleeve Bouquet Problem (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL