The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » eclipse (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

johnpert
View Profile
Veteran user
Ontario, Canada
322 Posts

Profile of johnpert
does anyone use "eclipse" by jay scott berry.

curious to know a few things about the effect and the gimmick re: quality, size, such.

your thoughts are appreciated.

cheers,

j.
Vilago
View Profile
Loyal user
230 Posts

Profile of Vilago
John,

I haven't used it yet, but the gimmick is good and provides many possibilities re: sponge balls, silks, ribbon, etc. The size depends on you and your size...
Shawn D
View Profile
Elite user
Hughson,Ca
436 Posts

Profile of Shawn D
I have used the eclise the day after I saw Jay Scott Berry teach it at a lecture I went to I think about 2 years ago.I use it in my Silk Serenade routine. I reach up and produce a silk out of thin air.After that I change a record I say lets try a differnt color put the silk in my fist and start pullin it out the other side a differnt color.The last silk I ask if they want a to try a differnt color.The cool thing is they ussally say Blue so it is like they picked the color.I push it through and it turns blue.
I took some silks and cut them smaller than the normal diamond silks because I need to fit 3 silks into the eclips tip.
I love this gimmick and there is a few other tricks you can do with it that are pretty cool.
johnpert
View Profile
Veteran user
Ontario, Canada
322 Posts

Profile of johnpert
Thanks for the info folks. Based on the reviews above, I purchased the eclipse. Here are my thoughts.

Yes, it can do some cool stuff. But was it worth it? No. The gimmick I read about some time ago in some notes by Duane Laflin. What I got for the price I paid was not worth it in my mind.

It is not my place to reveal the gimmick here, but I will say that is serves a similar purpose as a dye tube.

I guess I am disapointed because i purchased something I already have and did not know it.
You win some, you lose some, I guess.

cheers,

j.
Timothy
View Profile
Regular user
Alabama, USA
174 Posts

Profile of Timothy
My father bought this for me years ago from a lecture he went to (Jay's of course), and I just recently revisited it. My thoughts:

The material that the gimmick is made of is a neat idea. The book that came with it has some good ideas. I agree with some above posts that it makes a clever dye tube or production, but for small streamers only. I plan on playing with it some more to see what I can dream up with it. Who knows? It's an inspiring prop, for sure.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » eclipse (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL