The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Confusing Crayons - for 5 year old (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

sspanks
View Profile
Loyal user
Atlanta GA
241 Posts

Profile of sspanks
Can somebody please give me an idea for a routine using Confusing Crayons at 5-8 yr old birthday parties?

Thank you,
-stephen
-stephen
NeverGrowUpMagic

http://www.NeverGrowUpMagic.com
James Adamson
View Profile
Special user
Deatsville - Holtville - Slapout, AL
945 Posts

Profile of James Adamson
See the following post.

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/searc......=3717600

It is not birthday themed but I use it at every show.

James Adamson
http://www.seam2006.com
Be remembered for performing what looks like MAGIC, not skill.
sspanks
View Profile
Loyal user
Atlanta GA
241 Posts

Profile of sspanks
Thank you. I like your routine.

-stephen
-NeverGrowUp
-stephen
NeverGrowUpMagic

http://www.NeverGrowUpMagic.com
Smoke & Mirrors
View Profile
Special user
506 Posts

Profile of Smoke & Mirrors
I offer a suggestion that will offend some (but what doesn't?)

Aaron's Original routine:
Kooky Kool-Aid!

Magish: Guys & Girls! I have a new job with the Kooky Kool-Aid Drink Company and would like to offer a FREE taste test of our new & improved KOOKY KOOLAIDE (bring out a colorful looking carton filled with Kool-Aid or just colored water). What kooky kid would love have a FREE sample of our new drink?

Bring up volunteer.
Now I warn you, this is not regular Kool-Aid; it's KOOKY Kool-Aid, guaranteed to make you too kooky to ride your bike home!

So AFTER you drink it, we are going to have to test you to see if you can follow directions, OK? It will be FUN!! Are you willing to take a test after you drink it?

1st cup: Pour a small amount into a Styrofoam cup and start to hand it to the kid, then stop...now you have to drink it FAST because kooky Kool-Aid WILL disappear in your cup! Pour quite a bit more in the cup and say, see...if I wait too long it will... vanish! Jab a pencil into the cup and let the cup hang upside down with no fluid coming out (slush powder). So make sure you HURRY & drink it!

2nd cup: Pretend to pour another amount into a Styrofoam cup and turn to the audience, will you guys tell me if you like the temperature of the Kooky Kool-Aid...with that... fling the contents of the cup onto the audience allowing a small amount of confetti to spray out at them. (it's for kids, ok?)

3rd cup: Pour a small amount & have kid quickly drink it up. Ask them for their opinion of the taste (pretend to write on a clipboard), the smell - smell the cup, and then ask them to give it a burp test. See if you can get them to burp!

Now comes the part where we see how KOOKY you are feeling...

Go about the confusing crayon events, Important: LOOK SURPRISED at the weird occurrences, this is where kids magicians sometimes fail, you can't be smug or all knowing...so frantically write down these weird events on your clipboard!

End the routine by seeing if they can touch their nose with your magic wand...(enter the breakaway wand!)...

Aaron
MikeDes
View Profile
Inner circle
Montreal
1174 Posts

Profile of MikeDes
I think that's hilarious. Good job.
Smoke & Mirrors
View Profile
Special user
506 Posts

Profile of Smoke & Mirrors
Thanks Mike.

Addition:
If your doing an outdoor, maybe poolside event you add a twist where everytime the kid doesn't follow your directions with the crayons, the audience gets Kooky Koolaid LIGHTLY sprayed on them. This will by far increase the audience's interest in the happenings of the crayon, and add quite some excitement.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Confusing Crayons - for 5 year old (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL