The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » So Happy together... » » S.F. Bay Area & NorCal magician Check In (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..11~12~13~14~15..28~29~30 [Next]
calamari
View Profile
Elite user
The San Francisco Bay Area
428 Posts

Profile of calamari
Welcome to the Café Bill, looking forward to saying "aloha" to you at the show this weekend. I am busy duct taping grass skirts together for Mark and I to wear and practicing my ukelele, I'm betting it's going to be a lot of fun.
see you there
Rich
"I came, I saw, SHE conquered." (The original Latin seems to have been garbled.)
Ted Danger
View Profile
New user
San Francisco/Utila
91 Posts

Profile of Ted Danger
Hi Rich,

I guess I'm a little late checking in........as I had to read this thread from the begining, and then had to shave. But it was well worth it. I once was part of The Darwin Brothers circus, who's ringleader has posted on this thread. I started a private club for performing magicains at the magic mansion about twenty years ago. I'm thrilled to see Frank Balcerak has a shop in Pet-a-llama, as the last time I saw him was at a racetrack, and it was the silliest fun. He was already destined to be a card great....

While I currently reside on an Island off Honduras in the Caribbean, I keep an apartment in the City (rent control) and will stay in S.F. longer, now that I know where the shows and lectures are. While my current interest is in flying, I will be spending much time on magic as time allows.

Nice meeting all you fine folk....
"One may say the eternal mystery of the world is its comprehensibility." Albert E.
Dorian Rhodell
View Profile
Inner circle
San Francisco, CA.
1629 Posts

Profile of Dorian Rhodell
Hey all you bay area magicians. Check out http://www.bamagic.com

Best,

Dorian Rhodell
Magical Lady
View Profile
Loyal user
278 Posts

Profile of Magical Lady
Hey Dorian,

Telling me about this when I am THIS side of the ocean is nothing short of MEAN!!! Smile

Hope you and yours are keeping well,

*Magical Lady*
Dorian Rhodell
View Profile
Inner circle
San Francisco, CA.
1629 Posts

Profile of Dorian Rhodell
I thought I mentioned it at the St Supery Winery gig...oops!
Balaram
View Profile
Special user
903 Posts

Profile of Balaram
Hope some of you had a chance to see the Flying Calamari Brothers at Magic Café in Martinez, one fun evening, thanks Brothers and Gerry. However, I am shocked--SCOCKED I say--at your exposure of the excellent silk-thru-microphone stand illusion--not only did you repeat this impossible penetration Three times in the show--oh, so that wasn't good enough?--but you then did it Again in SLOW MOTION--CLEARLY EXPOSING the entire secret!!
Are we not AGAINST exposure here?!!? PLEASE DO NOT DO THIS AGAIN TONITE!
FIE, SIR! FIE!! Bill Z.
calamari
View Profile
Elite user
The San Francisco Bay Area
428 Posts

Profile of calamari
Thanks Bill, Glad you enjoyed yourself (exposure or not) I am still recovering from the Hula...

Thanks again
Rich
"I came, I saw, SHE conquered." (The original Latin seems to have been garbled.)
Balaram
View Profile
Special user
903 Posts

Profile of Balaram
Any Bizarrist shows upcoming in the Bay area?
And Rich--Men Weren't Made to Move That Way--best recovery wishes
Bill Z.
Balaram
View Profile
Special user
903 Posts

Profile of Balaram
Just got an e-mail from Gerry Griffin--A magic-teaching lecture with Robert Baxt, this Thursday 8-16 at 7 o'clock PM--$Ten. hope to meet some of you there, Best, Bill Z.
Mark Wilden
View Profile
Veteran user
San Francisco
375 Posts

Profile of Mark Wilden
Zis at California Magic?

///ark
Balaram
View Profile
Special user
903 Posts

Profile of Balaram
Yes Mark--Castro and Main streets in Martinez.
Z
magic4ewe
View Profile
Regular user
179 Posts

Profile of magic4ewe
Just thought I would kick this back up to the main page to be sure the Bay Area magicians continue to post on it!

Looking forward to hearing what is going on....
SpellbinderEntertainment
View Profile
Inner circle
West Coast
3486 Posts

Profile of SpellbinderEntertainment
For those into the Bizarre and Haunted Magick, Joe at Misdiredtions Magic is bringing in Rick Maue from the far distant East Coast, call Joe and get a ticket! This past Friday was the Misdirection's Stage Competition, it was a who's-who of local magi.
Thanks,
Walt
“Tales of Enchantment: The Art of Magic”
by Walt Anthony
www.LeapingLizardsMagic.com

"spinning tales and weaving enchantment"
Rick Maue
View Profile
V.I.P.
Pittsburgh, PA
579 Posts

Profile of Rick Maue
Greetings Walt,

It has been far too long my friend...

I am certainly looking forward to coming back to San Francisco again. As you know it is one of my favorite places on earth, and I hope to see you during my time in the city.

The lecture at Misdirections is on Wednesday, October 4th--and it will have quite a bit of mentalism, a touch of magic, and even a few haunted ideas. It should be a fun night, and I hope that I get to see some old friends, and meet a bunch of new ones. So take care everyone, and I will see you next week.

Keep the change,
Rick
Check out what is happening at Deceptions Unlimited

www.deceptionsunlimited.com
christiancagigal
View Profile
Special user
SF Bay Area
625 Posts

Profile of christiancagigal
Hey Bay Area Buds,
I'm still really new to the Café so this is my first posting on this paticular topic. I thought I'd let you all know that my new theater/magic show is coming back to EXIT Theatre in downtown San Francisco for what could become an open-ended run. It's called THE PANDORA EXPERIMENT. It's one part magic, one part mentalism, one part bizzare and a WHOLE LOTTA THEATER. There's music boxes and toys with souls and I play guide as the audience and the toys do all the magic...well I do help a little.

It's bizzare but there's no blood, skulls or stories; well, maybe one. It's mentalism but, I do very little reading of people's minds. There's sponge bunnies..............yup I said sponge bunnies, and I do it after a book test....... And of course, it's theater, although it may not look like at first.

There's no magic you don't already know....I designed the show for muggles not magi's. And, I don't beg for applause with audience cues. I let the awkward-strangeness of the show ripple out for a while. Odd as it may sound, this seems to be working. Here are some quotes from the critics....

“Cagigal’s performance takes the audience beyond the willing suspension of disbelief and into another place and time where magic is not the work of an illusionist but exists in creaky wooden boxes found in a grandparent’s attic…His staging and sensitivity as he plays with his audience conveys a level of trust…so[they] feel included in the magic.” – Nara Dahlbacka, SF Weekly

Here's the full review from SF Weekly
http://www.sfweekly.com/2007-06-20/cultu......eriment/

"A show that'll change viewers' estimation of magic forever...Cagigal is one of those rare alchemists of the imagination."- Nirmala Nata, SFStation

Here's the full review from SF Station
http://www.sfstation.com/the-pandora-experiment-a4251

(if these don't work you might have to copy and paste into the url, sorry.)

Until Next Time,
Christian Cagigal

PS
Here's the Press Release-

EXIT THEATRE
156 Eddy (at Taylor), San Francisco, CA 94102
IT'S BACK!

Christian Cagigal’s “Pandora Experiment”
Master Magician & Illusionist OCT 19-20, 26-27, NOV 2-3, 9-10
EXIT Theatre brings back acclaimed magician and illusionist Christian Cagigal’s The Pandora Experiment, co-produced by and Zeitgeist Artworks.

The Pandora Experiment plays Fridays and Saturdays, October 19-20, 26-27, November 2-3, 9-10

All shows are at the EXIT Café, 156 Eddy Street in downtown San Francisco. All shows are at 8:30 p.m. Tickets are $12-20. Reservations (415) 673-3847 or http://www.theexit.org.

The Pandora Experiment is an intimate evening of close-up magic, mind-reading, and theater guided by award-winning magician and illusionist Christian Cagigal.

Christian Cagigal won “Best of Fringe” in 2004 with his Magic @ the Fringe and enjoyed sold-out performances at both the 2003 and 2004 San Francisco Fringe Festivals. Cagigal has consulted for The San Francisco Ghost Hunt Walking Tour, as well as for Crowded Fire and ACT's MFA Program. He is also a member of the San Francisco Mime Troupe.

Comments on previous shows
"...emotionally affecting...” -- Jean Schiffman -- Backstage West
"...intimate spectacle...it's no coincidence that "Cagigal" rhymes with "magical." -- Chloe Veltman-SF Weekly
“One of the Bay Area’s best magicians.” -- Karen McKevitt -- SFist

The Pandora Experiment is co-sponsored by The San Francisco Ghost Hunt and Misdirections Magic Shop.
"Besides the known and the unknown, what else is there?"-Harold Pinter
www.christiancagigal.com
Zazz
View Profile
Veteran user
California
315 Posts

Profile of Zazz
S.A.M. #112 meeting tonight at California Magic Dinner Theatre.
http://calmagic.com/

See you there.

Dan
danchanmagic
View Profile
New user
San Francisco, CA
23 Posts

Profile of danchanmagic
Hi Bay Area Friends,
Just wanted to invite you to a free magic show.

(San Francisco, CA,) -- Dan Chan the Magic Man, Kat the Acrobat and Johnny Ace Pawer present a high-energy variety show. It's the only show that has it all! And there is no other show like it, weaving Xtreme magic, mindreading, comedy, pick-pocketing, juggling, escapes, dog tricks, impossible feats of balance and acrobatics to create the ultimate variety show. (Depending on the venue of the show, some shows may include fire juggling and fire breathing as well.) The show includes appearance of live doves in a "Las Vegas" style act, magic to poetry, a fast paced juggling routine, one and two diabolos, and ends with amazing handstand push-ups while a Chinese yo-yo spins in Dan's mouth!

Check out http://www.danchanmagic.com/Videos2.asp for the newest promo video!

Current Touring Schedule
Dan Chan and Kat the Acrobat will be at the following locations:
(Admission to most of the following events are free)

Oct 24th - Cambrian Branch, San Jose @ 6:30pm
Oct 25th, N Sacramento Library @ 4pm
Oct 25th, Isleton Library @ 7pm
Oct 28th, Oakland Zoo @ 11am and 1pm
Nov 14th - Arden Dimick Library, Sacramento @ 4pm
Nov 19th, Thornton Library @ 4pm
2008 Jan 17th - North Natomas Library, Sacramento @ 4pm (teen program)

Jan 30th – San Leandro Public Library @ 7:30pm
Feb 3rd - Oakland Museum (TBA)
Feb 6th - Belmont Public Library @ 7pm
April 17th - Moraga Library @ 4pm
April 17th - Pleasant Hill Library @ 7pm

http://www.danchanmagic.com
christiancagigal
View Profile
Special user
SF Bay Area
625 Posts

Profile of christiancagigal
Hey Gang,
Check out Genie Perry's show today at 5:30pm west coast time on the Magic Broadcast. She will be interviewing your's truly about the re-opening of my show: The Pandora Experiment.

http://www.magicbroadcast.com/

Thank you,
Christian Cagigal
"Besides the known and the unknown, what else is there?"-Harold Pinter
www.christiancagigal.com
magic4ewe
View Profile
Regular user
179 Posts

Profile of magic4ewe
Pleasant Hill Share the Magic Show, October 19th

Advance Tickets required. For more information, please visit http://www.sam112.com

Our daughter will be performing again this year. Come on out and see her new Dennis Loomis' Dollhouse illusion!

Hope to see you there,

Kristen
magic4ewe
View Profile
Regular user
179 Posts

Profile of magic4ewe
Just a reminder~

Pleasant Hill's Share the Magic 2007 is tonight at 7:00 p.m.
Tickets are $8.00

Doors open at 6:00. Event is at the Pleasant Hill Community Center, 320 Civic Drive, Pleasant Hill

Performers:

Gennie the Genie
The Masked Magician
Loren Lind
Buttonz ze Clown
Bill Sparacino

Intermission

Magic by Danielle
Roy Porfido
Jerry & Reggie
Zappo

This is a family show appropriate for all ages. Hope to see you there!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » So Happy together... » » S.F. Bay Area & NorCal magician Check In (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..11~12~13~14~15..28~29~30 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.18 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL