The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » So Happy together... » » S.F. Bay Area & NorCal magician Check In (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6..9..12..15~16~17~18~19..28~29~30 [Next]
calamari
View Profile
Elite user
The San Francisco Bay Area
429 Posts

Profile of calamari
For anyone one who does not know Charlie he is the Manager of the Houdini's Magic Shop on Pier 39 talented magician, comedian and a good guy. if you get the chance stop in and introduce yourself.
Rich
"I came, I saw, SHE conquered." (The original Latin seems to have been garbled.)
charliemartin
View Profile
Special user
Rapid City, SD
779 Posts

Profile of charliemartin
Thanks Rich for the kind words. Please stop anytime to see me, I am there pretty much all the time. I also appear on Sunday nights at the SF Playhouse in the show "Magic & More"..with Big Alcatraz, RJ Owens and Adam Sachs and sometimes Fred Anderson. $20 admission and showtime is at 7pm. Lots of fun.

Charlie
christiancagigal
View Profile
Special user
SF Bay Area
625 Posts

Profile of christiancagigal
EXIT THEATRE

156 Eddy (at Taylor), San Francisco, CA

BACK AGAIN!!!

Christian Cagigal’s “Pandora Experiment” returns to EXIT Stage Left July 25-August 16

Master Magician & Illusionist’s “Slightly Creepy” show is a highly theatrical play on the imagination

San Francisco. May 13, 2008. "Such tricks have strong imagination,” said William Shakespeare. Once again, Christian Cagigal will jolt you out of those midsummer doldrums with his special brand of highly theatrical, mind-melding magic, luring you to play along in his “slightly creepy” show.

EXIT Theatre brings back for the fourth time acclaimed magician and illusionist Christian Cagigal’s The Pandora Experiment for eight midsummer performances - Fridays and Saturdays, July 25-26, August 1-2, 8-9, 15-16 - at EXIT Stage Left, 156 Eddy Street in downtown San Francisco. All shows are at 8:00 p.m. Tickets are $20. Reservations http://www.theexit.org.

Audiences love giving their minds over to the puckish Cagigal for an intimate evening of close-up magic, mind-reading, and theater. Cagigal is an EXIT Theatre artist-in-residence and appears regularly at the Eddy Street venue.

Magician and illusionist Christian Cagigal invites his audience to think inside the box in The Pandora Experiment, Fridays and Saturdays, July 25-Aug.16 at EXIT Stage Left, 156 Eddy St. in Downtown San Francisco

“Cagigal’s performance takes the audience beyond the willing suspension of disbelief and into another place and time where magic is not the work of a performer but exists in creaky wooden boxes found in a grandparent’s attic…His staging and sensitivity as he plays with his audience conveys a level of trust…so[they] feel included in the magic.” – Nara Dahlbacka, SF Weekly

"A show that'll change viewers' estimation of magic forever. No mere illusionist...Cagigal is one of those rare alchemists of the imagination." - Nirmala Nataraj, SF Station

"Dastardly clever. Cagigal's feats...keep his audience riveted." - Robert Avila, SF Bay Guardian

"What does The Pandora Experiment reveal? Above all else: Imagination." - Nara Dahlbacka, SF Weekly

Cagigal is a former member of the San Francisco Mime Troupe the nation's oldest living political theater company and a founding member of the new Precarious Theatre Company.

Show info and links to reviews (scroll down the right hand side for those)
http://christiancagigal.blogspot.com/

Show info/reviews/youtube clip on morning TV
http://www.myspace.com/ccagigal

Photos
http://www.flickr.com/photos/tangobaby2/......9267486/

Buy Tickets
http://www.brownpapertickets.com/event/28740
"Besides the known and the unknown, what else is there?"-Harold Pinter
www.christiancagigal.com
charliemartin
View Profile
Special user
Rapid City, SD
779 Posts

Profile of charliemartin
Christian,

Get me a poster and I'll hang it in the store.

Charlie
Magicdoc88
View Profile
Regular user
194 Posts

Profile of Magicdoc88
Anyone know the results of the PCAM competition at Montery over the weekend?
tcted
View Profile
New user
San Mateo, CA
51 Posts

Profile of tcted
Hey all... I'm new to the Forum here, but also in the Bay Area... I'm looking to join the SAM and was wondering if anybody on here goes to any of the Bay Area SAM groups and if you're pleased with them... I'm considering the Palo Alto one as it's an easier drive then going into the City... Any advice would be appreciated... Thanks Ted
calamari
View Profile
Elite user
429 Posts

Profile of calamari
Hey Ted, I hear good things about the Palo Alto group and have met a few of the members and they are good guys. Welcome to the thread and to the Bay Area
Rich
"I came, I saw, SHE conquered." (The original Latin seems to have been garbled.)
gaddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Agent of Chaos
3528 Posts

Profile of gaddy
Anyone here have Scott Alcalay's (of the Oakland Magic Circle) contact info? OR, would anyone here be willing to give him a shout on my behalf?

He sent me a PM asking me to call him regarding the OMC, but he only gave me a 6 digit phone number! He has yet to read the PM I sent back to him...

thanks!
G
*due to the editorial policies here, words on this site attributed to me cannot necessarily be held to be my own.*
SpellbinderEntertainment
View Profile
Inner circle
West Coast
3519 Posts

Profile of SpellbinderEntertainment
This Sunday (20th) is the SF AIDS Walk,
if you can support our team of Magicians with any donation,
it would be so appreciated!

Here is my link to our donation site and team for the 2008 Walk:

http://aidswalksanfrancisco2008.kintera.org/vincent

Thanks! Walt
tcted
View Profile
New user
San Mateo, CA
51 Posts

Profile of tcted
Rich,

Thanks for the report on the Palo Alto group. I have decided to go to their August meeting to check it all out. Hope to meet some of you there.

Ted
christiancagigal
View Profile
Special user
SF Bay Area
625 Posts

Hey gang,
Just wanted to share a little teaser trailer for Pandora. We open next Friday.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=OHXXo7koBIg
www.christiancagigal.com
SpellbinderEntertainment
View Profile
Inner circle
West Coast
3519 Posts

Brian Scott and David Hirata,
two of the Bay Area's best,
this Sunday at the free San Francisco Theater Festival
in Yerba Buena Gardens!

See ya's there?
Walt
christiancagigal
View Profile
Special user
SF Bay Area
625 Posts

BREAK MANY LEGS GUYS!!!!

More shameless plugging on my part,
The Pandora Experiment was named one of the Top 5 theater shows to catch this weekend, on their page THE LIST, for the third time!!!

We open tonight and run until Aug 16th every Friday and Saturday.
more info and tickets theexit.org .

C
www.christiancagigal.com
tcted
View Profile
New user
San Mateo, CA
51 Posts

Profile of tcted
Anybody here planning on going to see the Pendragon's this weekend at Cal Magic? I'll be there tonight.

Ted
calamari
View Profile
Elite user
429 Posts

Profile of calamari
I will be there tomorrow night,

to all of my friends out here in the Bay Area do try to make it to this wonderful venue that is a rare Gem for the art of magic. We are truly blessed to have so many oportunities to see great magic here in the Bay Area and this place is one of only a handfull of venues featuring magic in the world. please make a point of reserving a seat (or more)for one of the upcoming shows and show your support of the art of magic and this rare and wonderful place. (tell everyone you see)
Thanks
Rich
Tom Cutts
View Profile
Staff
Northern CA
5931 Posts

Profile of Tom Cutts
Somewhere along the line I stopped getting the email updates from Gerry... and I stopped going because of it.

I am going to see Christian's show tonight.
calamari
View Profile
Elite user
429 Posts

Profile of calamari
Some people don't require a written invitation, some do...
Tom Cutts
View Profile
Staff
Northern CA
5931 Posts

Profile of Tom Cutts
It's not about the invitation but rather the schedule updates to keep it on my radar.
SpellbinderEntertainment
View Profile
Inner circle
West Coast
3519 Posts

“TALES OF WONDER AND SHADOW”
-An Evening of Magical Enchantment-

Reservations: http://www.MagicParlor.Info

THE CABARET THEATRE
1748 Market Street, San Francisco

8:30pm Sharp!

The Third Saturday Evening Every Month!
August 16 / September 20 / October 18 / November 15

$25 Cover-Charge - Café Open for Soft-Refreshments
Agent of Chaos
3528 Posts

Profile of gaddy
Can't wait!
*due to the editorial policies here, words on this site attributed to me cannot necessarily be held to be my own.*
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » So Happy together... » » S.F. Bay Area & NorCal magician Check In (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6..9..12..15~16~17~18~19..28~29~30 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.05 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL