The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Children's Magic Books (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Futureal
View Profile
Inner circle
1628 Posts

Profile of Futureal
Looking for referrals of a good quality children's book of magic. It has to be a commercially published book, not a performer giveaway sort of book.

Recommendations appreciated please Smile
eddieloughran
View Profile
Special user
942 Posts

Profile of eddieloughran
What age are the children ?
There are so many books about you are due for a shock !
jkvand
View Profile
Special user
Johnstown, PA
658 Posts

Profile of jkvand
The Magic Handbook by Peter Eldin is a great one for starters, or the Klutz book of Magic.
MikeRaffone
View Profile
Special user
622 Posts

Profile of MikeRaffone
"Magic and Card Tricks" hardcover

I saw it in on the childrens book shelf in TJ Max. Very impressive with full color photos. It's hard to find elsewhere though.
Here is a picture of the book:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/18517......n=266239
Mike Perrello
DC Area's Leading Family Entertainment Expert
pradell
View Profile
Special user
Alaska
559 Posts

Profile of pradell
As an oldie but goodie, Bill Severn wrote some nice books that kids can manage. "The Complete Book of Magic" is $7.99 at Barnes&Noble.com

http://search.barnesandnoble.com/bookSea......83658984
The Great Smartini
View Profile
Inner circle
2280 Posts

Profile of The Great Smartini
I can remember reading the Bill Severn bookk as a child...is this the same author as "Now you see it...now you don't!"
magicbern
View Profile
Inner circle
Hong Kong, China
1217 Posts

Profile of magicbern
No, the author of the 2 NOw You See IT books (as well as the classic 100 Classic Magic Tricks you Can Do) is Bill TARR. Actually an excellent trio of books for any budding magician - excellent explanations, illustrations and good foundation of sleights and routines for all occassions. Better than the run-of-the-mill beginner books.
trixy
View Profile
Veteran user
sweden
320 Posts

Profile of trixy
Look up silly billy..
magicbern
View Profile
Inner circle
Hong Kong, China
1217 Posts

Profile of magicbern
Quote:
On 2006-08-03 20:36, trixy wrote:
Look up silly billy..

??? Silly Billy puts out products aimed at helping children's entertainers However, from what I gather, this thread is asking for suggestions for books for giving to a young magician...
trixy
View Profile
Veteran user
sweden
320 Posts

Profile of trixy
Sorry...my misstage...
Dennis Michael
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern, NJ
6018 Posts

Profile of Dennis Michael
What is it you are trying to accomplish?
Dennis Michael
Ron Reid
View Profile
Inner circle
Phoenix, Arizona
2733 Posts

Profile of Ron Reid
Hi Futureal:

The Mark Wilson Course in Magic and the Karl Fulves series of "Self-Working" magic are terrific resources for material to teach children, but the books are written for adults...they're not real children friendly. They're great resources for you if you want to teach children some magic.

I've seen the Mark Wilson and Fulves books in places like Barnes and Noble as well as on Amazon.com. However, if you're looking for books on magic that are written for children, I suggest going to the public library and looking in the children's section. I can't remember titles or authors' names, but there are some really good books with large color photos and big type that show kids how to make simple tricks and how to perform them.

Like Dennis, I'm not sure what you're trying to accomplish, but I hope this helps you.

Ron
Marvello
View Profile
Inner circle
It's amazing how little I can say in
1490 Posts

Profile of Marvello
Bill Severn is the man for kids magic books. check your local library, ebay or amazon.
Never criticize someone else until you have walked a mile in their shoes. Then, when you do criticize them, you will be a mile away from them and you will have their shoes.
magicbern
View Profile
Inner circle
Hong Kong, China
1217 Posts

Profile of magicbern
Quote:
On 2006-07-26 00:39, Futureal wrote:
Looking for referrals of a good quality children's book of magic. It has to be a commercially published book, not a performer giveaway sort of book.

Recommendations appreciated please Smile

This member has received a lot of replies but has failed to either acknowledge them or explain the answer to Dennis Michaels' very valid question. Perhaps he isn't clear himself.
ageo
View Profile
New user
Bogota, Colombia
69 Posts

Profile of ageo
Most of Bill Severn´s books are adequate for your needs. One of the best to open up the mind of young magician-to-be, is his "Magic in Four Acts". It can be found on Amazon at a multiple range of prices.
eralph357
View Profile
New user
63 Posts

Profile of eralph357
Joshua Jay's Big Magic for Little Hands is another option.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Children's Magic Books (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.37 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL