The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Help With CD Manipulation (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Darkwing
View Profile
Inner circle
Nashville Tn
1850 Posts

Profile of Darkwing
I need some help with preparing CDs for manipulation. I want to drill a larger hole in the center so to help with ease of palming, etc. The problem is I have tried to do it myself but I find the holes are not centered. Any suggestions? Help?
maylor
View Profile
Loyal user
england
231 Posts

Profile of maylor
What sort of drill bit are you using?

I find that just filing the hole out works quite well, not as quick as drilling but does give a neat result.
Darkwing
View Profile
Inner circle
Nashville Tn
1850 Posts

Profile of Darkwing
The problem that I have is I have no way of holding the cds down. I want to make the hole to about 1" dia. Plus, I want the holes all the same so they stack together neatly.
kregg
View Profile
Inner circle
1950 Posts

Profile of kregg
Make a centering jig to hold the CD in place and use a key hole bit with a pilot bit.
We are talking drill press aren't we?
POOF!
Lou Hilario
View Profile
Inner circle
2234 Posts

Profile of Lou Hilario
I use a dremel. Use a marker to draw the 1"diameter hole. Drill off the desired hole by melting the plastic using high speed. Sand or file to smoothen the edges.
Magic, Illusions, Juggling, Puppet & Parrot Show ^0^
http://www.louhilario.net
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Use a drill press of they sell extended drill bits at the hardware store, go shopping. Stack the disc and tape together. Place on a block of wood. Drill in graduating sizes. Plastic does not like to be drilled all at once with one size. The bit will tear up the material.

You are having a problem with centering. Isn't the original hole in the center, use the for a guide. Now drill bits are expensive and you will have to buy several sizes from the current size to the desired size you want in the end.
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24314 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
Get a pipe reamer. Don't even think of doing it simultaneously. Do them one at a time. Then touch them up as a stack. And work slowly.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Help With CD Manipulation (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL