The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Opps! Deck (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

ritty360
View Profile
Elite user
McKinney, Texas
405 Posts

Profile of ritty360
http://www.antinomymagic.com/issue05.htm

Anyone use these Opps! cards?

Andy
magicbyswh
View Profile
Inner circle
North East Tennessee
1550 Posts

Profile of magicbyswh
Great cards and a great price. Better get them while they are available. There are so many things you can do with these cards. Some good ideas are included. Excellent investment.
Steve
Creator of Cereal Brainwave, Creator of the Tossed out Book
Dr. Zordas
View Profile
Elite user
478 Posts

Profile of Dr. Zordas
The Oops! Deck can be seen here...

Dr. Zordas
Logan
View Profile
Inner circle
2290 Posts

Profile of Logan
This deck is great! Full of possibilities!

You'd be doing your magic and your spectators a great disservice if you pass up on these.

The reactions to the sight of the card are excellent! To them, its an impossibility.

Furthermore, you let them keep it.

How many gaff cards can you do that with?

Take care,

Logan
You've been hit by, you've been struck by, a smooth criminal.

Singapore's Hairiest Corporate Comedy Magician!
ritty360
View Profile
Elite user
McKinney, Texas
405 Posts

Profile of ritty360
They can sign these and they wind up restored in a funky way? That is crazy!
Logan
View Profile
Inner circle
2290 Posts

Profile of Logan
Quote:
On 2006-07-27 09:59, ritty360 wrote:
They can sign these and they wind up restored in a funky way? That is crazy!

The picture gives that misconception, that's not how it works.

But that doesn't make it any less of an excellent gaff card set.

ritty360
View Profile
Elite user
McKinney, Texas
405 Posts

Profile of ritty360
True.

Very cool.....
Steve Brooks
View Profile
Founder / Manager
Northern California - United States
3780 Posts

Profile of Steve Brooks
Okay folks, these decks are very cool! You can read my official review Here! Smile
"Always be you because nobody else can" - Steve Brooks
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
6157 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
Quote:
On 2006-07-27 11:26, Logan wrote:
The picture gives that misconception, that's not how it works.

Could you please elaborate.

Smile
MAGIC is a SECRET, without the SECRET there is no MAGIC.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.
Logan
View Profile
Inner circle
2290 Posts

Profile of Logan
Quote:
On 2006-08-27 06:18, ustaad wrote:

Could you please elaborate.

Smile

Sure thing my friend.

Although the picture shows you a 'Before' & 'After' scenario, implying that the card starts out a certain condition and ends in another, isn't exactly what happens. Well, it WOULD be to the spectator, but not to us.

In other words, the regular card you force and start out with has to be switched with the Oops card.

That being said, the routines provided in Antimony and in the booklet would have the switch incorporated into the routine. I advise anyone who is considering this deck to NOT BE PUT OFF that a switch is involved, you WILL be missing out if you think that way. In fact, you'd be missing out on a lot of magic if you ignored or disregarded all effects using a switch, i.e. Bill in Lemon, most Torn and Restored card routines, coin in bottle effects, etc.

I personally perform Osterlind's Original Inside Out card climaxing with the reveal of the Oops card. The switch incorporated into this routine is seamless and effective.

I, and I'm sure a lot of other magicians using this deck of cards, have gotten nothing but gasps of amazement from this.

The best part is, this piece of strange that they see in front of their eyes, they can keep.

I say again, if you love off the wall and totally STRANGE card magic, which leaves a UNIQUE souviner for the spectator, who'll seriously treasure it and remember you by it, you won't regret getting this.

Hope this helps ustaad!

Take care buddy,

Logan

MSD921
View Profile
Special user
616 Posts

Profile of MSD921
Guys,

Thanks for the kind words about the Oops! cards. I'm also flattered that they received such a nice review from the Café (Steve Brooks) today.

I've been getting steady orders for the cards. I'm getting a great response as they get into the hands of working pros and hobbyists. As Steve, Logan and others have mentioned, bizarre T&R plots with these are just the beginning. How about a bizarre color change, using the Erdnase change? Card warps, drunken card themes, etc.

I'm revising the Oops! booklet to incoroprate some new ideas that have been given to me by others. Real world responsibilities have delayed the booklet production until later in September. In the meantime, I am including the two Antinomy routines, at no charge, with each Oops! order until the booklet is finished. I'm still honoring the Café offer of 2 full Oops!decks for $9.95 plus $2.00 for shipping.

Finally, I'm chatting with a few well known card workers about doing a 8-10 routine DVD with the cards. The DVD would show real world performances and reactions to same. I'll keep you posted but hope to sign on one of the guys in the next month.

Thanks again for the comments and support.

Michael Daniels
wise owl
View Profile
Special user
Australia
721 Posts

Profile of wise owl
Great!! Looking forward for the DVD.

I bought the decks few months ago. It is great card. But I still hasn't received the promised routines notes. At the time I bought it, they said that the notes is not ready and will mail to me next round, which never happened.
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
6157 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
Logan, Thank you so much!

Quote:
On 2006-08-27 10:45, Logan wrote:
* I personally perform Osterlind's Original Inside Out card climaxing with the reveal of the Oops card. The switch incorporated into this routine is seamless and effective.

* The best part is, this piece of strange that they see in front of their eyes, they can keep.

* I say again, if you love off the wall and totally STRANGE card magic, which leaves a UNIQUE souviner for the spectator, who'll seriously treasure it and remember you by it, you won't regret getting this.

The above three pointers have made me put it on my want list & will get it soon before the Café's special is withdrawn.

Thank you (once again!).

Best regards,

Smile
P. S. I must say that the 'semi-review' was EXCELLENT.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
6157 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
Quote:
On 2006-08-27 13:23, MSD921 wrote:
* As Steve, Logan and others have mentioned, bizarre T&R plots with these are just the beginning. How about a bizarre color change, using the Erdnase change? Card warps, drunken card themes, etc.

* I'm revising the Oops! booklet to incoroprate some new ideas that have been given to me by others. Real world responsibilities have delayed the booklet production until later in September. In the meantime, I am including the two Antinomy routines, at no charge, with each Oops!

* I'm still honoring the Café offer of 2 full Oops!decks for $9.95 plus $2.00 for shipping.

* Finally, I'm chatting with a few well known card workers about doing a 8-10 routine DVD with the cards.

Michael, I'm looking forward to the DVD version as well.

Smile
MSD921
View Profile
Special user
616 Posts

Profile of MSD921
Wise Owl,

The routine booklet is forthcoming. I keep getting great suggestions for Oops! card routines so I have held off on final production so as to produce the best, most comprehensive, booklet possible. To further complicate things, in a good way, the booklet may be replaced, or complimented by, a DVD, as I mentioned a few posts up. I'm hoping to finalize an arrangement soon, for the DVD, with a well known cardician.

I'll keep you posted and thanks for your interest.

Michael Daniels
MSD921
View Profile
Special user
616 Posts

Profile of MSD921
Café mambers,

I have been getting many requests for the Oops! routine booklet and want to give you an update. I have decided to go the route of presenting Oops! in a 7-10 routine DVD (deck(s)included). This process will take more time, and $$$, than the booklet. I have had so many good suggestions for routines that I truly believe that a DVD is warranted. Although all effects would utilize the Oops! cards, or card, the variety will be extraordinary. Most of the effects are also very visual - another reason to produce an Oops! DVD. To do the DVD justice, I plan to use a name performer, which rules me out! I'll keep you posted. Feel free to PM me with questions. Thanks for the interest and patience.....

In the short term, in an effort to get some more Oops! decks into your hands, I am throwing in a free Oops! deck when you buy two Oops! decks! That's THREE custom gaffed FULL DECKS for the price of two. THREE USPCC red bike gaffed decks for CHEAP!!! Comes with two routines as published in issue #5 of Antinomy magazine (which you should subscribe to if you're not already).

Café members, see here...http://innovamagic.com/_wsn/page4.html

Happy St. Patty's Day!

Thanks,
Mike
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Opps! Deck (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL