The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic names and the media » » Angel hits the big time (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Professor Piper
View Profile
Special user
Somewhere, out there...
770 Posts

Profile of Professor Piper
Hey edh...

Might be a good idea to read a bit before you post vitrol that is based on fiction..

Read the above posts...

Watch a few videos (One springs to mind: The Stevens series on the Masters of Magic...The renowned Tom Mullica sites a Pete Biro Egg Bag routine as inspiration)...

And that's just ONE tidbit...

If anyone is riding anyone's coattails...Well, they are riding PETES!

Prof. Piper
"Nemo has been found! He was on an Admiral's Platter at Red Lobster!"
kregg
View Profile
Inner circle
1958 Posts

Profile of kregg
I'm brown-nosing Mr. Biro to get F1 perks in Monte Carlo.
POOF!
Jazz
View Profile
Veteran user
Mexico City
377 Posts

Profile of Jazz
When this forum is used by a member to attack other members, then we have really hit bottom.

I have seen several of the Cirque du Soleil shows in different parts of the world. To me "O" is by far the best and most beautiful. Not that the others are bad, but "O" has something special.

Criss doing a show along with Cirque du Soleil productions is certainly an intriguing concept. I think he has the personality to pull it off. And his style is very well suited to these types of show. The only thing that worries me is that Cirque shows have always had a lot of emphasis on special effects and pyrotechnics. People know they are special effects. I just hopw they can draw the line with the special effetcs and the illusions, so as not to think they are more of the same, but actually the magician taking center stage.

I wish him well. 10 years? Wow! I thought only Celine Dion got the lenghty contracts.
Carl Skenes
View Profile
New user
96 Posts

Profile of Carl Skenes
Quote:
Wow! I thought only Celine Dion got the lenghty contracts.

............as well as Lance Burton, Siegfried & Roy, Mac King, and numerous production shows.
Jazz
View Profile
Veteran user
Mexico City
377 Posts

Profile of Jazz
Carl you are right. Still I think Celine´s deal was the longest so far.
Kevin Ridgeway
View Profile
V.I.P.
Indianapolis, IN & Phoenix, AZ
1829 Posts

Profile of Kevin Ridgeway
Sorry jazz....you are incorrect. Lance's contract is 13 years.
Living Illusions
Ridgeway & Johnson Entertainment Inc

Kevin Ridgeway &
Kristen Johnson aka Lady Houdini
The World's Premier Female Escape Artist

www.LadyHoudini.com

www.livingillusions.com
Jazz
View Profile
Veteran user
Mexico City
377 Posts

Profile of Jazz
Oops, I stand corrected. Thanks for claryfing that.
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Edh - I have no vested interest in Angel's show, shows, productions or anything he does, other than the fact that he hired me to work on his book (at the printers) and to photograph some of his work.

I would like to be added to his staff of consultants, but that has not happened. (I haven't asked).

Do I think he will succeed there? I have no idea, but I do feel that with the Cirque folks involved and his management team "The Firm" he should do just fine.

Would Cyril do well someone asked?

Probably the same as Criss -- if he had the right people behind him.

I know of another young, hip magician that has a Billionaire working with him to put a huge show together... they are in no rush, they are keeping dead quiet on this and building the show in a huge secret location, and, if they do it they would have the same chance as anyone.

However, ALL of the above will have to put on a "good show" to succeed. If the show sucks they will vanish in a flash.

BTW, edh, do you have a full name?
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic names and the media » » Angel hits the big time (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL