The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » New Billet DVDs (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
ElliottB
View Profile
Inner circle
3200 Posts

Profile of ElliottB
I’m not a professional performer, but most of the stuff I do nowadays is billet work. Psychological Subtleties are a fantastic tool. They increase your chances of having things look truly miraculous. It’s also great way to define what you’re doing. No one believes that I can tell the future. On the other hand, I’ve convinced quite a few people that I can somehow influence their actions. It’s all very plausible and scientific. Meanwhile, in all cases, psychological subtleties are only part of the method. I never work without a net (I guess that’s why I’m a CPA and not a professional mentalist.)

By the way, for a great book on Psychological Subtleties, check out . . .

Psychological Subtleties.

Thanks,

Elliott
Maddened
View Profile
Loyal user
222 Posts

Profile of Maddened
Quote:
On 2006-07-27 23:53, ElliottB wrote:
By the way, for a great book on Psychological Subtleties, check out . . .

Psychological Subtleties.

Haha... Succinctly put. I assume your billet work is mainly for a small audience in a close-up/parlour type of setting?

And to not detract from the topic, Allen just replied me! I'm squirming in my seat just waiting for this set to be released. Heh...
Phil C
View Profile
Special user
Ontario, Canada
903 Posts

Profile of Phil C
Is there an exact date of the release?
Will it be available in most magic dealers?
Maddened
View Profile
Loyal user
222 Posts

Profile of Maddened
Quote:
On 2006-07-28 00:49, Maddened wrote:

I'm squirming in my seat just waiting for this set to be released. Heh...

By this I mean of course that I'm squirming with delight and excitement. Not to cause any misunderstanding. Ahem...
Bill Cushman
View Profile
Inner circle
Florida
2850 Posts

Profile of Bill Cushman
And lets not forget Bob Cassidy's Ten Switches! This is a wonderful teaching tool precisely because of his incorporation of video where you get to see both the perspective of the audience and the performer. Very little printed material but the videos more than make up for it.

Also, Maddened mentioned: "Hmm... I wonder if there is anyone out there who still features billet work as a major part of his act ala Annemann's "One Man Mind Reading Act". " You must have missed Stuart Cumberland's wonderful update of this called Annemann 2005. The DVDs are sold out but perhaps the ebook is still available.

I use two switches (at least for now!). One is from Ten Switches and the other is the first billet switch from Allen Zingg's Billets....Naturally!
Maddened
View Profile
Loyal user
222 Posts

Profile of Maddened
Quote:
On 2006-07-28 20:22, Bill Cushman wrote:
Also, Maddened mentioned: "Hmm... I wonder if there is anyone out there who still features billet work as a major part of his act ala Annemann's "One Man Mind Reading Act". " You must have missed Stuart Cumberland's wonderful update of this called Annemann 2005. The DVDs are sold out but perhaps the ebook is still available.

Yup I know about this, but I "disqualified" Stuart since technically he is updating Annemann. And isn't he semi-retired or something? I could be wrong... Ah picky, picky me... But let this not be some critique on Stuart's skill and mastery of the billet either!
Phil C
View Profile
Special user
Ontario, Canada
903 Posts

Profile of Phil C
Is there more informationon Stuart's DVD?
Is there a website or product description?
When will it be release?
Thanks.
David Numen
View Profile
Inner circle
1914 Posts

Profile of David Numen
Quote:
On 2006-07-28 20:51, Maddened wrote:

Yup I know about this, but I "disqualified" Stuart since technically he is updating Annemann. And isn't he semi-retired or something? I could be wrong... Ah picky, picky me... But let this not be some critique on Stuart's skill and mastery of the billet either!

I haven´t heard anything about Stuart being semi-retired but his update of the Annemann Act is based one HIS OWN constant use of the act for various settings and since he mentions a couple of further developments on his blog which hav occured since he released the DVD it seems he is still working the act. Since his DVD features footage from two large shows and he has since tweaked the act to be even stronger (and have done enough shows to judge the difference) I suspect he´s busier than 90% of we who post here!
Mr Amazing
View Profile
Special user
617 Posts

Profile of Mr Amazing
Do/will any/all of the above mentioned billet stuff contain presentational ideas or even performances for laymen too?
Or are they more or less only on methods?

Thanx
Bill Cushman
View Profile
Inner circle
Florida
2850 Posts

Profile of Bill Cushman
Mr A.

I can only speak for Allen Zingg's DVDs. I include two, IMHO, very strong routines; one a special pet that I had very mixed feelings about releasing but it fit a need of Allens and I've performed it for a long time and want to share it with the brethern. Laymen love this one. Others have contributed similarly. Yes, in five,yes count em, FIVE DVDs there will be significant methods and nuances taught. There will also be significant presentational ideas shared. I couldn't even imagine five DVDs of that only teach method. It could be used as a method of torture!

Good Thoughts,

Bill

P.S. PM me if you like, I seem to remember another incarnation at another place long ago and far away.
Maddened
View Profile
Loyal user
222 Posts

Profile of Maddened
Quote:
On 2006-07-29 06:10, bartlewizard wrote:

I haven´t heard anything about Stuart being semi-retired but his update of the Annemann Act is based one HIS OWN constant use of the act for various settings and since he mentions a couple of further developments on his blog which hav occured since he released the DVD it seems he is still working the act. Since his DVD features footage from two large shows and he has since tweaked the act to be even stronger (and have done enough shows to judge the difference) I suspect he´s busier than 90% of we who post here!

That's great to know! I stand humbly corrected then. Thanks for pointing this out. Smile
green4magic
View Profile
Regular user
184 Posts

Profile of green4magic
For the new KING OF BILLETS release by Stuart Cumberland go to:

http://www.mental-list.com

It is being released at noon today.

STAY MYSTICAL
Phil C
View Profile
Special user
Ontario, Canada
903 Posts

Profile of Phil C
I don't see the King of Billets.
Is it under Mentalist Products?
Stuart Cumberland
View Profile
Loyal user
289 Posts

Profile of Stuart Cumberland
Thanks green4magic and those with the kind comments. Try http://www.KingOfTheBillets.com
Stuart Cumberland
Phil C
View Profile
Special user
Ontario, Canada
903 Posts

Profile of Phil C
Thanks!
BT
View Profile
New user
Winnipeg, Canada
64 Posts

Profile of BT
Hi folks,
I know Stuart has only released his dvd set "king of the billets" today, but was wondering if anybody has ordered it yet? I plan on getting it at some point(just don't have the $$ right now) If you go to his site, http://www.kingofthebillets.com and are one of the first 100 people to order you will get $20 knocked off the price as well as some cool bonus footage etc... Good luck with the release of what looks to be a wonderful dvd set chalked full of information Stuart. And thanks for your insightful mental-list newsletters. Always some good stuff in there.

Warmest wishes from Winnipeg,
Brian
Brian T.

"Nothing I do can't be done by a 10-year-old with 15 years of practice."
Harry Blackstone, Jr.
Bill Cushman
View Profile
Inner circle
Florida
2850 Posts

Profile of Bill Cushman
Stuart's recent newsletter with his method of narrowing down to your one "reputation maker" effect was priceless. I'm doing my best to only present two routines right now, as per his suggestions, which is very hard with all the other great stuff I've been working on lately. But I know he is right. Funny, Allen Zingg gave me the same advice years ago and it worked but then I eventually got drawn back into the "tyranny of the new." One of my two pets is on the Zingg DVDs so it will be interesting to see how other magi perceive it, though as Stuart said, it is how regular people percieve that really counts.
MentaThought
View Profile
Special user
615 Posts

Profile of MentaThought
Quote:
On 2006-07-27 18:30, Richard Paddon wrote:
Bob Cassidy's ebook is actually called One-Man Billet Routines. It includes three video clips of billet work from Bob's Black Box DVD.

Richard

You're right about the title -- thanks for clarifying! I guess "THE SECRETS OF PERFECT BILLET WORK" is sort of a subtitle.

Funny you should mention The Black Box DVD: I ordered it from Cassidy *last* *summer* ... and am still awaiting it's arrival.

I realize he's been through some very tough times this past year and is now trying to catch up on back-orders (and has been quite generous to us patiently-waiting customers, I must point out.) I'm hopeful that I'll receive the DVD soon.
"A good mentalist ... will teach you a miracle because he understands the subtleties ..." -- Banachek

"If this works it'll be BEAUTIFUL!" - The Amazing Kreskin on a stunning effect he performed on his 1970s television series (PS: it worked)
Nicodemus
View Profile
Special user
644 Posts

Profile of Nicodemus
At least for me I was delighted with Stuart's 'Annemann Act 2005' DVD's and trust the new 'King of the Billets' will be just as helpful and have ordered them.

I actually think Stuart will have a much better product this time around based on what he has learned from the previous release (don't let his friend change zoom on the camera and remember to turn auto-focus off, etc.) and his wise choice of actually asking people what they want to learn and including it on this set of DVD's. When is the last time you heard of a Pro asking for input like that?

As an aside, if anything added to my respect for Stuart Cumberland it would be his refusal to sell more product at the risk of breaking his word.

Best thooughts, - Nicodemus
" Res Non Verba "

" Deeds Not Words "
Pete Legend
View Profile
Inner circle
Ireland
1365 Posts

Profile of Pete Legend
Hey Guys,

Im sure it's nothing but when I logged onto the site above,I clicked on "order now",then proceeded to click on "PayPal",I was asked to enter my login details(e-mail address and password) but I didn't see that reassuring golden lock appear bottom right on my screen (this signifies that its a secure transaction) all I got was a picture of an eye with a red circle in front of it(privacy report or something)I should point out I'm an idiot when it comes to computers but I like to be sure(actually I rather purchase over the phone)
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » New Billet DVDs (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL