The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Paper money madness! » » Fraud...? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5..13~14~15 [Next]
bugjack
View Profile
Inner circle
New York, New York
1624 Posts

Profile of bugjack
I agree -- I'm a Garcia fan, so I will be looking forward to checking this out.

It's kind of useless to speculate much on this unless anyone can chime in who has actually seen it, but if the effect does what it says it does, it could be great.
Effect
View Profile
New user
London
14 Posts

Profile of Effect
Agreed, I've yet to see a bad DG product so I'll be keeping an eye on this one for sure.
Would love it if someone could let us know if it'll work with other currency?
I can't see it working with Euros because I'm pretty sure none of them have any kind of seal.
Pounds? We have a nice big fat silver seal but it has writing overlapping it so I'm thinking that might be a problemo?
Absolutely no idea about other currencies though.
Any ideas anyone?
Cheers
Phil
bugjack
View Profile
Inner circle
New York, New York
1624 Posts

Profile of bugjack
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Why all the non essential images... like the car, the sign, the MTV type baloney?
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
andrewte
View Profile
New user
Sunny Singapore
61 Posts

Profile of andrewte
Sorry to ask a naive question here, but will the
effect attract any legal issues as we're toying with the
seal of a legal tender?

Andy
JustinVisible
View Profile
Elite user
South Jersey/Philadelphia Areas
453 Posts

Profile of JustinVisible
Daniel, can't wait to see the final product. I'm just aggravated that I couldn't make it down to Houston from Dallas last week.... So far, most of the Garcia stuff I've done in real life situations has warranted the same reactions in his demos and videos. I even tried the "Bobby" stunt from "Garcia Project". I am in line for the preorder (and I hate preordering).... I'm still also interested in the "card to wallet" wallet you're working on. Any update on that???(Not too start another thread)... Thanks for wonderful contributions to the magic community....Cheers, Justin.

ps...a new tattoo on your middle finger in the demo ????
"If they laugh, it's funny..."
bugjack
View Profile
Inner circle
New York, New York
1624 Posts

Profile of bugjack
How much is the pre-order? Didn't see it on the page. Also, anyone know when "Torn Too" will be out?
FADE
View Profile
Regular user
Los Angeles,CA
135 Posts

Profile of FADE
Hey Danny,

Congratulations on another killer effect. I just viewed the "teaser" and that alone is good enough for me. I can't wait to see the release of FRAUD so I can commit the crime of obliterating people's sense of reality - GREAT JOB Danny!!!

I raise my glass high for you man,

David
"Change the way you see things and the things you see will change."
cardsharpist
View Profile
New user
55 Posts

Profile of cardsharpist
Video looks outstanding, but I have feeling doing the trick over and over is going to cost more than the initial price of the trick. Smile
Mercury52
View Profile
Inner circle
Kevin Reylek
2240 Posts

Profile of Mercury52
The teaser says nothing about a pre-order, and I doubt there will be one. I can't recall any time that E has done a preorder on an item that they produced.

Yes, they did a couple preorders of "PH Presents" products with the Blaine Drowned Alive deal... But on all their decks, DVDs, etc, they tend to only sell them once they come into stock at the warehouse.

Kevin
Kevin Reylek
danielrmk
View Profile
Regular user
200 Posts

Profile of danielrmk
Looks great but sure only for US Currency, oh well you guys have fun, we will have fun when you conquer this half of the planet, LOL!
Mercury52
View Profile
Inner circle
Kevin Reylek
2240 Posts

Profile of Mercury52
I noticed some posts are unsure of what the effect is, and that some people couldn't really tell much from the teaser, so I whipped up a quick image of what the effect is, as near as I can tell from the teaser.

See attached image. The letter seal (Red Circle) is moved across the face of the bill to where the Blue Square is. The bill is signed on the back.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v638/M......Buck.jpg

Naturally, there may be other finesses and subtleties to the effect that aren't shown in the teaser, but I think this is the basic idea.

Kevin
Kevin Reylek
Blindside785
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, WA
4541 Posts

Profile of Blindside785
Lol, yeah I was wondering why the person was signing the back of the bill when it seems in the demo that the only thing going on is on the front.
bugjack
View Profile
Inner circle
New York, New York
1624 Posts

Profile of bugjack
Hey Kevin,

It's kind of hilarious that you had to put up that diagrammed explanation. Yes, the "teaser" is really pretty sketchy.

I promised myself I wouldn't engage in useless speculation about this effect until it comes out, but I wonder if its name -- "Fraud" -- tips that the spectator is left at the end with a fraudulent bill?
Blindside785
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, WA
4541 Posts

Profile of Blindside785
Yep, that is why in the teaser it says on the sign behind him something like " County Jail " because you can go to jail or something for giving away fradulent bills.
Mercury52
View Profile
Inner circle
Kevin Reylek
2240 Posts

Profile of Mercury52
I myself found the idea of the effect to be somewhat clear from the teaser, but since others didn't, I did the photo thing. Only took a couple minutes.

Also, when I received my order of Masters decks in the mail yesterday, there was a blurb for Fraud among the various ad sheets that they throw in there. It reads..

"[ONE] Borrowed, signed, dollar bill.
[ZERO] Props.
[ZERO] Reset.
[Maximum] Impact.

Imagine having the ability to visually, slowly, move the printing on any signed, borrowed bill. Then give it back. You have no idea what's about to hit you."

It then says that the download and DVD will be out by Oct. 1st, but I'd be inclined to go with the Sept. 20 that was shown in the teaser, as I feel the teaser is probably more up-to-date.

Then, near the very bottom right of the ad, with the E logo, it reads "No counterfeiting". Now, this is away from the description of the effect, so I don't know if they're putting that in as if to say there's no counterfeiting involved, or if they're just kind of doing it as part of the "look" of the ad.

Another phrase appears on the side of the ad, and says "For entertainment purposes only".

Either way, it should only be about another month or so before we have some answers.

Just trying to glean all I can from what's been made publicly available so far. I love my research!

Kevin
Kevin Reylek
cardsharpist
View Profile
New user
55 Posts

Profile of cardsharpist
I wonder what happens if they try to spend the bill afterwards?
Chris SD
View Profile
Special user
737 Posts

Profile of Chris SD
As far as manipulating currency goes, I think that "counterfeit spectator" is a better effect. Not only do you have the bonus of manipulating a power object, but it's got their name on it.

I think Daniel should have just released a book full of his ideas, much like the Paul Harris books, rather than every time an idea pops into his head, to sell it for 20 bucks.
joseph
View Profile
Eternal Order
Please ignore my
17411 Posts

Profile of joseph
Lol....5 ideas.....$100 please.....1 book with 75 routines....$34.95 please..... Smile ..
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Einstein)...
bugjack
View Profile
Inner circle
New York, New York
1624 Posts

Profile of bugjack
Yeah, I thought of "Counterfeit Spectator" too, although this effect has to be different. One can "create" a new signature but one can't easily fake a federal seal. (My problem with "Counterfeit Spectator" is twofold: first, my handwriting sucks, so it's hard for me to make the gimmick. You almost need to be a calligrapher to create the gimmick. And two -- the logic of the effect has always eluded me because while the bill shows up with a new name, it's not that person's signature, which it should be if the effect were "really happening." It's just their name written in someone else's script.)

Okay, "Fraud" is one of those effects that's described a certain way and that's how I want to see it. The trick for me is whether or not my mental image of the effect will match its reality. What I want to see: a bill (borrowed or not, I don't care), that's signed on the back. Federal seal clearly seen it its usual place with blank space seen at the spot its moved too. Thumb placed over the seal, slid to the new place. Seal is now there and missing from the other spot. Bill handed out. It would be amazing if you could stop your thumb at different places along the way and reveal the seal there too, but I think that's too much to ask for.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Paper money madness! » » Fraud...? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5..13~14~15 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL