The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic names and the media » » Criss Angel at the Magic Castle 8/2 (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Eric Dittelman
View Profile
Regular user
Astoria, NY
179 Posts

Profile of Eric Dittelman
I don't know if this has already been posted or not. If has been, I apologize.

I just got this bulletin on my myspace.com account from Criss Angel:

Quote:
Jul 27, 2006 2:25 PM:
YOU CAN APPEAR IN A CRISS ANGEL MINDFREAK EPISODE AUG 2
Would you like to be a part of a Criss Angel MINDFREAK episode filming for Season 2?

Join Criss & team for a one-day shoot at the Magic Castle in Hollywood, Wednesday, August 2, 2006. Audience will interact directly with Criss. Come prepared to ask the questions you've always wanted to know.

Please RSVP to privatescreening@gmail.com

Must be 18 or over.

Arrive at 9 AM at the Magic Castle, 7001 Franklin Ave, Hollywood, CA 90028. We will take the first 80 people to arrive. Do not enter Magic Castle premises before 8 AM.

We will not take anyone arriving after 9:45 AM, so please be on time.

Audience must commit to 7 hour shoot.

Attire: STRICT DRESS CODE. California casual/ sexy. No heavy makeup. No branded logo's, all white or all black. Please wear solid camera friendly colors. We will turn away anyone not adhering to dress code.

Looking forward to seeing you in Criss Angel MINDFREAK

So there you go, if anyone's interested. There's a chance to ask questions...but be careful or they'll probably kick you out. And the dress code doesn't seem like the normal dress code for the Magic Castle. I guess TV makes some exceptions.

I'm not too interested in attending (especially since I'm so far away), but I thought I'd post this in case anyone was.

-Eric D.
edh
View Profile
Inner circle
4698 Posts

Profile of edh
Fat chance of asking some interesting questions.
Magic is a vanishing art.
edh
View Profile
Inner circle
4698 Posts

Profile of edh
What I'd really like to know is why these so called big names don't reply to our questiions? These are names that own magazines and so called memory experts.
Who do we call upon to establish what is right and what is wrong if not these so called experts?

we have to rely on "experts" on this forum. And that is somewhat dubious, if they don't respond.

my response only edh
Magic is a vanishing art.
Jazz
View Profile
Veteran user
Mexico City
377 Posts

Profile of Jazz
You could ask a lot of questions. I doubt that you´ll get answers though.
SantaClaus
View Profile
New user
North Pole
28 Posts

Profile of SantaClaus
Quote:
What I'd really like to know is why these so called big names don't reply to our questiions? These are names that own magazines and so called memory experts.
Who do we call upon to establish what is right and what is wrong if not these so called experts?

we have to rely on "experts" on this forum. And that is somewhat dubious, if they don't respond.
I don't think that's a fair criticism. The experts you refer to, who are members of this forum, have appeared in many Criss Angel threads in the past -- at least, in the first season. But they faced an endless barrage. When someone would make an accusation, saying they knew how Angel did an effect and that it was "unmagical", the experts could only say, "that's not how it was done" ... because that's is all they were ALLOWED to say. Now I see that they don't spend a lot of time discussing Angel here -- if they spend any time at all doing so. That shouldn't be surprising. What would be their motivation? How many people want to jump into a forum where they are 100% certain they're going to be bashed at every turn? I can't blame them at all.

Note that I'm not taking "sides" on Angel. I'm only talking about whether or not the people who have worked on the show should feel obligated to post here. As much as some might feel it's their right to slam away at someone while they sit there and take it, this is just an internet discussion forum. It's not life. And if someone wants to participate when they please and not participate when people are pulling out daggers to stab them with, there's nothing wrong with that at all.
filmyak
View Profile
Regular user
Los Angeles
150 Posts

Profile of filmyak
Quote:
How many people want to jump into a forum where they are 100% certain they're going to be bashed at every turn? I can't blame them at all.

You mean like when someone forwards an invitation to attend a screening and the complaints roll in even for THAT? Well said. And you're probably right. The amount of bashing on these forums is contemptable.
Jazz
View Profile
Veteran user
Mexico City
377 Posts

Profile of Jazz
So anybody was there?
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
I didn't attend this one, but I did "work" for Criss on the Halloween Special he did at the Castle. And after the "shoot" he spent over an hour talking to everyone there and answered questions, posed for photos and signed autographs. (Even though his manager kept trying to get him to cut it short).
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
kregg
View Profile
Inner circle
1958 Posts

Profile of kregg
Pete,
That's why I love our "stars" of magic, they're so open and generous with their time.

Kregg
POOF!
Jazz
View Profile
Veteran user
Mexico City
377 Posts

Profile of Jazz
Pete, ehat kind of questions did he answer? I guess not technical, huh? I don´t know his manager, but just by wachting him on TV I don´t like him. Shouldn´t a manager be behind the camera?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic names and the media » » Criss Angel at the Magic Castle 8/2 (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL