The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Knots and loops » » Professor's Nightmare alternate endings (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

the sean
View Profile
New user
Toronto, Ontario
79 Posts

Profile of the sean
Does anyone have an alternate ending to the professor's nightmare other than, "Look, I have three the same length, then take them apart and they're different sizes"? Smile
0pus
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
1740 Posts

Profile of 0pus
How about transforming the three ropes to a single long rope?

Don't forget that you need appropriate patter for the restoration to make sense.
RayBanks
View Profile
Special user
Nassau Bay, TX
533 Posts

Profile of RayBanks
One thing I do sometimes is tie the ends of the ropes together (you can figure it out). It looks like you have three 'hoops' of ropes in your hand. A magical gesture and throw the 'hoops' into the air and you get one large hoop. Put it in your pocket and acknowledge the applause.
-------------
Pick a card, any card...No. not THAT one...THIS one

Ray Banks
stevehw
View Profile
Veteran user
Collinsville, Mississippi
303 Posts

Profile of stevehw
I like Daryl's routine. Very well done and does have a nice ending.

Steve
Zorak
View Profile
Regular user
Maryland, USA
114 Posts

Profile of Zorak
I use to do the George Sands routine, did it for years, it's great. Now that I'm getting up in years I look for easier routines. (As you get older, the memory sometimes slips).
Now I do the basic stretching routine, prove they are 3 separate ropes of the same length, drape them over my case Switching them for exact duplicates of the same length (my gimmicked Linking Ropes). After getting 2 helpers to assist me, I go into my Linking Ropes.

It is important to allow your audience to tug on the ropes before going into the Professor's Nightmare. When you go into the Linking phase the ropes have already been examined.

I would also recommend the newer thick white rope that is available today. It makes a difference.

There are numerous endings and handlings of this well worn gem, most are worthwhile. Smile
Magic is in the hearts of children from 1 to 101
Please check out my Website: kiddiekazam.com
FREE ORIGINAL CLIPART FOR MAGICIANS & CLOWNS
PROP DESIGNS
MAGIC CARTOONS all drawn by Zorak
PaulGreen
View Profile
Inner circle
1128 Posts

Profile of PaulGreen
If you can find a copy of the Conway Rope Trick by Pat Conway. It was sold by Ken Brooke in the 70's. If you find it, you will have a great ending for the routine.

In essence, you have the three equal ropes that are then tied together. With a slight flourish, you display the rope with no knots! Used by Bruce Cervon.

Charlie Miller also had a handling for the same plot in one of his Magicana columns.

Keep searching.

Regards,

Paul Green
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18560 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Green is right, Pat Conway's is killer. Also, Whit Hayden's version is even stronger.
Whit Happens. Smile
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
the sean
View Profile
New user
Toronto, Ontario
79 Posts

Profile of the sean
OPUS: I'm not sure if this is going to be allowed to be posted but I'm going to try.
When you've finished the Professors Nightmare and then as you say stretch it into one single rope... can I make it into one rope with normal ropes or do I need to buy gimmiked ones? And if I do, do they come in the same sizes as the ones in the Professors Nightmare? Smile
kaytracy
View Profile
Inner circle
Central California
1793 Posts

Profile of kaytracy
I go into the linking ropes and finish that with a rope to silk using a modified story of rapunzel, and the efforts to reach her in the tower.....
Kay and Tory
www.Bizarremagick.com
Geoff Ray
View Profile
New user
58 Posts

Profile of Geoff Ray
I would tie the small piece around the large piece while they are linked and dispose of the medium piece. Then do a sliding knot trick
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Knots and loops » » Professor's Nightmare alternate endings (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL