The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » A tangled web we weave... » » Crazy Video Podcast Booktest !!! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

mOzerian
View Profile
Loyal user
Sydney, Global
230 Posts

Profile of mOzerian
I stumbled across this very well done video podcast the other day. In episode 4 there is an insane Book Test....

does anybody know this guy, or the booktest he is using ??

here is the link, you have to subscribe through itunes and it's free

http://www.lumacast.com/phpBB2/sleight.php

They claim to be the first dedicated Video magic podcast..
Fabian L
View Profile
New user
Sweden
11 Posts

Profile of Fabian L
That's nice, thanks for the link. Good book test, I guess we shouldn't discuss how the guy does it. He needs to work much more on his presentation though, IMHO. I thought he was kind of boring, despite being interesting looking.
ThomasBerger
View Profile
Special user
593 Posts

Profile of ThomasBerger
http://www.podfeed.net/podcast/Lumacast+Sleight/7164

Go there and you can download the videos
without subscribing.
Tom
ThomasBerger
View Profile
Special user
593 Posts

Profile of ThomasBerger
"I stumbled across this very well done video podcast the other day. In episode 4 there is an insane Book Test.... "

You stumbled across it?
You mean you did it!

Check out the email--
http://www.imagestation.com/members/mOzerian

Tom
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
18038 Posts

Profile of Slim King
Hehehehehehehehehehee!!!!! Smile
In a very Smuttley Voice Smile
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
Anabelle
View Profile
Special user
951 Posts

Profile of Anabelle
I guess some people are just too shy to come right out and ask people to look at their work. I thought it was really good and not boring at all. And I have no clue how that book test was done.

Anabelle
Fabian L
View Profile
New user
Sweden
11 Posts

Profile of Fabian L
Oy vey! I obviously wouldn't have criticised the podcast so frankly if I knew it was your own work. Sorry about that.
Again, very good effect. And a good "dual reality" effect there, pretending you were had nothing to do with the podcast. Smile
Sealegs
View Profile
Inner circle
The UK, Portsmouth
2597 Posts

Profile of Sealegs
Maybe he chose to hide that the clip was his specifically to generate some frank critisism? If so it's a brave and worthy goal.

Neal
Neal Austin

"The golden rule is that there are no golden rules." G.B. Shaw
NFox
View Profile
Inner circle
I Do Mentalism Now?!
1101 Posts

Profile of NFox
Maybe, but he also posted a similar link elsewhere on the Magic Café, referencing a different podcast "episode." In that post, like this one, he acted like he found the site by chance.

I really like the podcast, I just wish mOzerian was a bit more up front about the whole thing.

Nick Fox
"Obscuring Reality"- Gone but not forgotten...

FoxIllusions.com
mOzerian
View Profile
Loyal user
Sydney, Global
230 Posts

Profile of mOzerian
Hey guys, Thankyou for your feedback.

The reason I gave the impression I was not involved as I did not want to come across as pushing my material. I wanted non biased hype to generate it self, and for some genuine criticle feedback.

Once again thankyou. Please check out the other episodes, there are two more in post production, the final episode will be a Razor Blade routine.

Check out the Smash & Stab. I welcome all criticle feedback
mOzerian
View Profile
Loyal user
Sydney, Global
230 Posts

Profile of mOzerian
TOmas,

Thankyou for alerting me that I need to set these photo albums to private. A far more interesting place to go is:

http://www.myspace.com/adambrindley
chichi711
View Profile
Inner circle
5810 Posts

Profile of chichi711
That was funny.
splice
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
1246 Posts

Profile of splice
Quote:
On 2006-07-30 21:05, mOzerian wrote:
The reason I gave the impression I was not involved as I did not want to come across as pushing my material. I wanted non biased hype to generate it self, and for some genuine criticle feedback.

So your solution for "non biased hype to generate itself" was to post the link yourself and neglect to mention it was your performance? That seems like a very strange way of going at it. If I wanted "non biased hype to generate itself", I would wait until someone not connected to the project ("non biased") got excited about the project and took it upon himself ("generate itself") to go to different discussion boards and tell people about it ("hype").

If I was to post my own video and then not mention that it was me, I'd consider that biased hype that I attempted to generate myself. It's a very different thing, at least from where I'm standing.
chichi711
View Profile
Inner circle
5810 Posts

Profile of chichi711
As far as the booktest goes. It reminded me a lot of a book test that Archer does. I liked your videos though. Thanks for sharing.
mOzerian
View Profile
Loyal user
Sydney, Global
230 Posts

Profile of mOzerian
Cheers, Chichi,

Splice, who cares.....just go and watch them.
pip_magic
View Profile
New user
Sydney, Australia
29 Posts

Profile of pip_magic
Quote:
On 2006-07-29 11:59, Fabian L wrote:
Oy vey! I obviously wouldn't have criticised the podcast so frankly if I knew it was your own work. Sorry about that.
Again, very good effect. And a good "dual reality" effect there, pretending you were had nothing to do with the podcast. Smile

I don't see why you wouldn't give an honest opinion if you knew it was his. I agree with your first comment. Sorry Adam great potential but there is something just lacking. Love the title and that but the book test was boring and if your profile is what it says it is then a cleaner tv look is a classic force (plus I've seen you pull better card effects off). Aboriginal footage (especially the guy with the coin) is gold. To be honest scripting and effects need to be really looked at (a lil tweaking) but otherwise HUGE potential. Glad to see someone getting out there with the guts to do something like this down here. I admire you for that. Passing it around to a few of the pros in sydney.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » A tangled web we weave... » » Crazy Video Podcast Booktest !!! (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL