The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Catch this if you can! » » Juggling Clubs (the kind you throw in the air) (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

philipi56
View Profile
Regular user
grand rapids, MI
142 Posts

Profile of philipi56
What are all of your favorite kind of juggling clubs? I only have some Todd Smith Thumpers, but have tried others.
Missing_Link
View Profile
Elite user
442 Posts

Profile of Missing_Link
Every day practice I use Beard Europeans; performance I use Henry's.

I like Todd Smith clubs, but haven't used them for a protracted period of time. Beard Europeans are a good weight and are durable, so are great for practice.

Cheers

ML
Alessandro Scotti
View Profile
Loyal user
Italy
263 Posts

Profile of Alessandro Scotti
Henry's Classic Circus, which I bought at the last Italian convention!

I also have some Mr. Babache clubs: they are slighly cheaper, but cannot really compare with the Henry's.
Walk of Mind: the best source of bad magic
Jewls
View Profile
Veteran user
Michigan-USA
360 Posts

Profile of Jewls
My juggling club uses T.S. Thumpers for our passing patterns (We like the float and slow rotation.). They are nice for numbers, too. I personally use Henry's circus clubs; I love the way they look as well as the weight and balance. As you can see, I am holding them in this photo.
Smile

PS I also own Dube Europeans (old style, good in the wind!) The newer lightweight ones have a very skinny handle that you really have to tighten your grip on.

A lot of pros that I know juggle Renegade clubs, but they are a little hard and hurt my hands.

A juggling festival is a great opportunity to try all types of juggling clubs. They have long handle, short handle, different size bulbs, all kinds of options.
Pokie-Poke
View Profile
Special user
Bensalem, PA
883 Posts

Profile of Pokie-Poke
I Like the old Dube custom Europeans, as I am outside a lot. (not too many indoor renfairs) I just got another set off of ebay for $15.00! FOR THE SET!
:yippee: Smile Smile Smile

The person got them at a magic shop about 8 years ago, and as best as I can tell, put them in the closet 'till now!
www.pokie-poke.com
The Adventure cont...
Lithix
View Profile
Regular user
Tempe, AZ
168 Posts

Profile of Lithix
I use Henry's Europeans.
Dark illusionist
View Profile
Loyal user
pough town new york
253 Posts

Profile of Dark illusionist
Dubes European clubs all the way!
Check out my brand new website:

www.ovationmagic.cjb.net

if you like it sign the guest book, if you realy like it then realy sign the guest book. If you hate it then go away.
philipi56
View Profile
Regular user
grand rapids, MI
142 Posts

Profile of philipi56
Are there any other types of clubs that you would recommend for all around juggling (3, 4, 5 and passing)?
The Cardfather
View Profile
Veteran user
Long Beach, CA
344 Posts

Profile of The Cardfather
I learned to juggle 3 balls when I was about 10 or 11 years old from persistence, no instruction. I picked up 3 baseballs today and still can do it.

How do I step up to 4 balls? Should I keep practicing 3 until adding one more isn't too difficult? Or do I keep trying to add the 4th ball until I have it? Is there a step by step method to achieve 4 balls, if you know what I mean?
Caleb Strange
View Profile
Special user
Manchester UK
676 Posts

Profile of Caleb Strange
Cardfather, we're a bit off topic, but the first step to learning 4, is 2 in 1 hand. Practice both left and right. This opens up lots of three ball variations, such as yoyo, columns, etc. Then you work up to doing your 2 in 1 in both hands at once.

Don't forget though, there are lots of other three ball techniques to learn. Numbers aren't everything.

Regards,

Caleb Strange.
-- QCiC --
Pokie-Poke
View Profile
Special user
Bensalem, PA
883 Posts

Profile of Pokie-Poke
Odd numbers follow the same cascade as 3 balls. Even numbers are split in half (ie. 2 in each hand for 4 balls) and they don't cross from hand to hand. They can but that is a different trick, 4 balls in a 5 ball pattern.

Alternate your throws for 4 balls it is much easier that way.

Euro. clubs are better for numbers than Americans as they are thinner/easier to start/hold. Look we're back on topic. Smile
www.pokie-poke.com
The Adventure cont...
philipi56
View Profile
Regular user
grand rapids, MI
142 Posts

Profile of philipi56
Does anybody like Henry's pirouettes? I have heard good and bad things about them. They sound pretty nice though. Philip
Angus
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of Angus
I use (cough cough) Dube Europeans. One of these days I'll actually use them to juggle with... Smile
Gruff
View Profile
New user
UK
9 Posts

Profile of Gruff
Henry's pirouettes?? SUPERB!!! I've been using them for around 10 years now and love them to bits!!! They've got a fantastic spin to them which is really easy to 'hook into' and thus get your rhythm going - important for some tricks and passing!

At our juggling club we use them for passing and just about every member has a set of them, so that speaks for itself I think!!!

Also they have practically, exactly the same spin as the Henry's niteflite torches, so it makes the transition from clubs to torches that much easier too!

Try 'em and see!!!

Gruff Smile
TroyRoark
View Profile
Loyal user
Springfield IL
282 Posts

Profile of TroyRoark
I cried the day I called Todd Smith for new One-piece Americans. He quit making them!!! I understand their back in production. Too bad, I've already recovered all of my old clubs.

Troy Roark Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Catch this if you can! » » Juggling Clubs (the kind you throw in the air) (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL