We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Electrochromatic Glass - Goes Dark at The Flip Of A Switch! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

sdmagic
View Profile
Special user
684 Posts

Profile of sdmagic
This new glass may come in handy for Illusion Builders.... Available later this year.

http://www.gizmodo.com/gadgets/gadgets/e......0931.php

Any Ideas?
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
Near a river in the Midwest
11161 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
I thought this, or something similar, was already available.
~michael baker
The Magic Company
kregg
View Profile
Inner circle
1958 Posts

Profile of kregg
This looks different than the argon gas, which has a frosted look at the flick of a switch.
POOF!
Leland Stone
View Profile
Inner circle
1204 Posts

Profile of Leland Stone
Yeah, electrochromatic glass has been available to builders for a couple of years now. It was introduced at one building industry show as being ideal for RESTROOM installations in public buildings (!) -- the pitch was that if the door is opaque, the room's occupied.

Leland
tag
View Profile
New user
Vashon Island
13 Posts

Profile of tag
Company I used to work for (about four years ago) was in the same building as Paul Allen's investment company in downtown Seattle. One of the secretaries took me on a tour one morning and they had walls made of this same type of material, except it could go from transparent to completely opaque rather like using a dimmer switch on lights.
The fin is coming early this siecle
-Angela Carter
Lusion
View Profile
Special user
590 Posts

Profile of Lusion
That glass can be seen in use at Bar85 I belive in NYC.... they use it in th e bathrooms and Leland said...very cool....very interesting ideas!!!!!!!!
Lusion
View Profile
Special user
590 Posts

Profile of Lusion
That glass can be seen in use at Bar85 I belive in NYC.... they use it in th e bathrooms and Leland said...very cool....very interesting ideas!!!!!!!!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Electrochromatic Glass - Goes Dark at The Flip Of A Switch! (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL