The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » Ex Nihilo » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
Feral Chorus
View Profile
Elite user
CA
495 Posts

Profile of Feral Chorus
Hey y'all,

Ex Nihilo sounds great. I have one question regarding its impromptu nature and the "gimmick" involved. Do you need to have a certain something with you to perform the effect?

Thanks,
Feral
sludge
View Profile
Special user
milton keynes, england
530 Posts

Profile of sludge
Hopefully this is something new and doesn't simply use daub/pixie dust... as this method is as old as the hills (but still very useful and workable which is why I suggested it on Online Visions a few years ago for what sounds like this very same effect...). Apologies in advance if I am on the wrong track...

ade.
Lord Of The Horses
View Profile
Inner circle
5406 Posts

Profile of Lord Of The Horses
Hi ADE, long time without having the pleasure to read one of your posts...

Yes, Silver Bullet and other kinds of dust work PRETTY well but (a big but) they have some MAJOR drawback, well, at least one, which I prefer not to discuss in a public forum like the Café. Also, keep in mind that I'm a GREAT LOVER of this product and I've created many routines with that (and my co-writer, many more) so I'm not biased against that dust... just stating the hard facts.

As for Daub, I would only use professional made daub, with appropriate color for red or for blue and would not settle for anything less (ex: a generic silver or white Daub). Plus, Daub is NOT a common, innocent item...

... So blending all this and going in direction of FERAL... Yes, you need an everyday, common, innocent and no-gimmicked object...

BUT that only if you have the FIRST EDITION of EX-NIHILO which ends on PAGE 7.

If you have the SECOND EDITION of EX-NIHILO, which ends on PAGE 9, on the last pages you can find the Secret O.V. version, which does not require ANYTHING...

Want to perform ANYTIME and NAKED (?) ... With Ex-Nihilo Secret O.V. you can do it!

NO BS! That's the TRUTH!
Then you'll rise right before my eyes, on wings that fill the sky, like a phoenix rising!
ggarcia
View Profile
Veteran user
San Antonio Tx
395 Posts

Profile of ggarcia
So there's a second edition? when did that come out. I just go mine a few days ago and I only have 7 pages. how do I get the other two pages?
ALEXANDRE
View Profile
Inner circle
3024 Posts

Profile of ALEXANDRE
There is no second edition. The commercial version will be the same you got in the eBook, but packaged. I have no plans whatsoever for a "second" edition and I'm not exactly sure what Paolo Cavalli is talking about.
Lord Of The Horses
View Profile
Inner circle
5406 Posts

I explained the joke about the 7 pages and 9 pages in another loooong thread about Alexandre's excellent Ex-Nihilo and so I don't want to repeat it here.

Period.

As for the O.V. Principle (something which is real as Alexandre and myself) that's another story.

Jim & Jack... You both know that by now, right? Smile
Then you'll rise right before my eyes, on wings that fill the sky, like a phoenix rising!
mormonyoyoman
View Profile
Inner circle
I dug 5,000 postholes, but I have only
2440 Posts

Profile of mormonyoyoman
The O.V. Principle (which uses Oscillating Volkswagens) was in Tarbell Vol 9.

Or - the O.V. Principle is as real as Alexandre and Paolo -- which indicates it's completely imaginary. (Paolo and Alexandre are each other's imaginary friends.)

But then if you read the January 1943 issue of *the Jinx*, you already knew these things.

*jeep!
--Gran'pa Chet
#ShareGoodness #ldsconf

--Grandpa Chet
PsiDroid
View Profile
Inner circle
2164 Posts

Profile of PsiDroid
NO mr.Chet:the o.v. principle is something real
mormonyoyoman
View Profile
Inner circle
I dug 5,000 postholes, but I have only
2440 Posts

Profile of mormonyoyoman
Oh sure. Next you'll be telling me that Alexandre and Paolo are real too!

*jeep!
--Gran'pa Chet
#ShareGoodness #ldsconf

--Grandpa Chet
sludge
View Profile
Special user
milton keynes, england
530 Posts

Profile of sludge
I forgot to mention due to haste (and too much red wine) that even if the modus operandi is not new to me I'm sure Alexandre's routine and presentation ideas on maximising the impact are well worthwhile.

The version I do uses cards, but not playing cards. Looks like I'll be getting this to read Alexandre's thoughts...

ade.
ALEXANDRE
View Profile
Inner circle
3024 Posts

Profile of ALEXANDRE
Just to inform you that I have stopped the sale of "Ex Nihilo" for the time being.

I'll fill you guys in when I have more info on the commercial release of it. I might at that point return with the eBook, not sure, but I'll let you know.

For those who got it, enjoy it. For those who haven't, for now, take a look at all the other great eBooks I have available. Thank you.
ALEXANDRE
View Profile
Inner circle
3024 Posts

Profile of ALEXANDRE
Just a note to let you know "Ex Nihilo" is on again!
PsiDroid
View Profile
Inner circle
2164 Posts

Profile of PsiDroid
I got ex-nihilo,I like it.I was ready to pay just to have the expanded edition. but you said that only 50 were sold,no more after those ones:You said you would have sold the package only through one florida magicshop you knew. And now after 10 days only,with no explanation whatsoever you come in just to say that ex-nihilo is on again for sale. Bad behaviour.Not keeping your word and after 10 days only. not enoguh money you made? You lost me as a client of yours
ALEXANDRE
View Profile
Inner circle
3024 Posts

Profile of ALEXANDRE
Quote:
On 2006-08-26 22:35, PsiDroid wrote:
I got ex-nihilo,I like it.I was ready to pay just to have the expanded edition. but you said that only 50 were sold,no more after those ones:You said you would have sold the package only through one florida magicshop you knew. And now after 10 days only,with no explanation whatsoever you come in just to say that ex-nihilo is on again for sale. Bad behaviour.Not keeping your word and after 10 days only. not enoguh money you made? You lost me as a client of yours

Oh yeah ... it's all about the fortune I can make off of "Ex Nihilo". You can't be serious. In all honesty it's more about name recognition and ego rather than cash. I also mentioned I would sell 25 not 50. I actually ended up selling a little more than that, maybe 27 or so because of orders received. Also, there is no expanded edition, if you read up, I mentioned a PACKAGED COMMERCIAL edition of the same thing. And for the record here is exactly what I wrote concerning your rant above:

ALEXANDRE
Special user
South Florida
869 Posts Posted: Aug 6, 2006 11:42am
I have "Ex Nihilo" available on my website now.
I'm only going to release 25 copies of this eBook (basically for a few here in the Café) because "Ex Nihilo" will be sold as a packaged effect within the coming months at WizardsAppretice.com. This is an effort to support the Wizard’s Apprentice brick and mortar shop in Hollywood Florida. As you know, brick and mortar shops are becoming few and far between these days ... it's a shame, I grew up with them.

Also ...

ALEXANDRE
Special user
South Florida
868 Posts Posted: Aug 16, 2006 7:24pm
Just to inform you that I have stopped the sale of "Ex Nihilo" for the time being.
I'll fill you guys in when I have more info on the commercial release of it. I might at that point return with the eBook, not sure, but I'll let you know.

As you can see, I never said it would only be sold through Wizard's Apprentice, I said I had to work out the commercial release of it, which I have (and meant whether I should or not have it available as an eBook too)

I also mentioned I would let people on here know.

PsiDroid, before making such comments, do your research. I do what I say, in my advertising and elsewhere.
fvdbeek
View Profile
Elite user
490 Posts

Profile of fvdbeek
PsiDroid is right, Alexandre. This is what you wrote a couple a weeks ago:

Just to let you know that I will release only four more copies of this eBook until I get the commercial release of it concluded.

First you're pumping up demand by letting us know that only 4 copies will be sold from the E-book. Some time later you've 'restocked' ?

Frans
tropicalpenguin
View Profile
Veteran user
396 Posts

Profile of tropicalpenguin
Why do people always assume things when they know nothing of the circumstances?
Granted, I know nothing of them either, but the point is two-fold
A) It's a great effect
B) It's for sale

It's no buisness of anyone's WHY it's back on the market, it just is, so quit griping.
-The penguin has spoken Smile

-How could 52 pieces of cardboard ever bring so much joy?
fvdbeek
View Profile
Elite user
490 Posts

Profile of fvdbeek
Right Penguin, so why was in the first place exclusive and only available for 25 people ? It's a trick, not a Rembrandt.

Frans
cgscpa
View Profile
Elite user
Ashton, MD
447 Posts

Profile of cgscpa
I must be missing something. Alexandre did post to say that we was going to temporarily stop selling Ex Nihilo and posted ten days later to inform us when it may be available again in ebook format and he would let the Café members know when that happened.

So now it has happened and some seem upset because Alexandre did exactly what he said he was going to do.

Anyway, Penguin is right IMO in that it is a great effect and Alexandre's service is alway quick and professional.
ALEXANDRE
View Profile
Inner circle
3024 Posts

Profile of ALEXANDRE
I guess I have to make everything ultra clear for those not really paying attention on here.

My original idea was to release a few copies of the eBook until I arranged with Wizard's Apprentice the commercial release of it. Why? To help support the brick and mortar shop, in fact I have other effects to be released in that fashion for that reason.

Since the Café is essentially the only board I visit, I mistakenly thought it would make a difference having the eBook available here therefore cutting into the sales of the commercial release at Wizard's and interfering with my original intention of helping support the brick and mortar shop.

Well, it's been decided that it's kind of nonsense and it wouldn't really matter to the commercial release of Ex Nihilo much having the eBook version available to people at the Café when there are many others who don't visit this place and would still find the commercial edition of it at WizardsApprentice.com and the brick and mortar shop new and exciting.

Also, fvdbeek, I mentioned I would stop the sales of it until I got the commercial release of it concluded because at that point I had not yet discussed the possibility of having the eBook version compete with the commercial version, meaning, until I had time to discuss it and decide what would be the best path for the effect. Again, it was decided that it wouldn't really matter having the eBook available for people here in the Café as there is a whole-other world out there.

Apart from what I described above, I will kindly ask you troublemakers to stop cutting into the sales of Ex Nihilo, I need to purchase that second Mercedes this month. Thanks.
Lord Of The Horses
View Profile
Inner circle
5406 Posts

Also, my offering on how to perform Ex-Nihilo without any kind of ********* but using only my own take on the old O.V. principle is still open to ten people!

First come, first served!... Do not be scared by my eyes!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » Ex Nihilo » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL