We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » The Complete Sankey (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Donny Orbit
View Profile
Special user
944 Posts

Profile of Donny Orbit
Just received Sankey's newsletter for August and according to Jay, he is releasing a set of books next summer entitled The Complete Sankey. It is said to have all of his works from his old books as well as new stuff. Over 500 routines. I for one am excited. Anyone else?

XX
do magic

www.8bom.net
Andrew Loh
View Profile
Inner circle
Malaysia
1455 Posts

Profile of Andrew Loh
Wow, this book would become a classic. Smile

Andrew

Check out my new card magic eBooks "The Magnificent Queens" & "Triple Charms" at:
www.cardicianden.com

My Cardician Den Blog:
http://pasteboards.blogspot.com/
michaelmystic2003
View Profile
Inner circle
2910 Posts

Profile of michaelmystic2003
Yes, I am definetely excited... I am a HUGE Sankey Fan!!!!

Did you get to download his free lecture notes?
Follow Michael Kras on Twitter! http://www.twitter.com/KrasMagic

Check out The Kras Change at Vanishing Inc Magic! http://www.vanishingincmagic.com/magic-downloads/ebooks/kras-change/
Sooty
View Profile
Regular user
London, England
140 Posts

Profile of Sooty
I hope he includes a section on how to use marketing spin to justify re-releasing the same material under a different name.

Also, how to create hype to sell sub-par products.

I've always wanted to understand how he makes me buy his stuff over and over again. Maybe it's subliminal advertising.
Josho
View Profile
Special user
Albany, New York
763 Posts

Profile of Josho
From what I hear, The Complete Sankey will not only contain the 6,190 effects he's released to date, but another 2,518 effects he's been holding back -- these are, I'm told his REAL "workers," and they've all been audience-tested over the past eight months or so. This is the A-list stuff, kids...the reputation-makers!

--Josh
Sooty
View Profile
Regular user
London, England
140 Posts

Profile of Sooty
Yes, I believe this is the stuff he's been making a living from for the last 20 years. The 'go to material', the 'reputation makers'. No filler, just 100% pure commercial golddust.

Even better, all of the new material can be performed just using three sleights. The erdnase colour change, the tenkai pinch and the flying shuttle pass.

And when you order the book you'll get a code to enter into Sankey's website for the chance to win a monthly prize of even more 'knock their socks off' magic. You'll then receive an e-mail a week fom Jay promoting all of his forthcoming product releases. Could life get any better?
ixnay66
View Profile
Inner circle
Denver
1509 Posts

Profile of ixnay66
I'm all over this like a hobo on a ham sandwich.
Phil C
View Profile
Special user
Ontario, Canada
903 Posts

Profile of Phil C
Wow, that's a lot of material!
Fast Eddie P.
View Profile
Veteran user
Maryland
322 Posts

Profile of Fast Eddie P.
Josh,

I laughed out loud at your comment.
danielrmk
View Profile
Regular user
199 Posts

Profile of danielrmk
Yeah, Well I'll be on this ike S*** on Velcro!
ixnay66
View Profile
Inner circle
Denver
1509 Posts

Profile of ixnay66
A lot of people like to bash on Jay for his marketed stuff but he has a lot of real world magic which doesn't need gaffs.
clamon86
View Profile
Special user
508 Posts

Profile of clamon86
I guess all of his best stuff has been compiled into:

The Very Best of Jay Sankey
Sankey's Greatest Hits
Unleashed

and now everything in one spot, how exciting.well kinda

not to bash sankey, be he has put out way to much filler
magicbern
View Profile
Inner circle
Hong Kong, China
1217 Posts

Profile of magicbern
Quote:
On 2006-08-06 10:38, Josho wrote:
From what I hear, The Complete Sankey will not only contain the 6,190 effects he's released to date, but another 2,518 effects he's been holding back -- these are, I'm told his REAL "workers," and they've all been audience-tested over the past eight months or so. This is the A-list stuff, kids...the reputation-makers!

--Josh

You're so funny...NOT! Over the past 2 decades, Jay Sankey has really contributed a lot of innovative effects and theory to the field of close-up magic. It would be great to have a compliation of his creations and thoughts in one place.
boinko
View Profile
Elite user
Illinois
414 Posts

Profile of boinko
Me, I'm going to wait for 'The Best of the Complete Sankey.'

And then (we can only hope): 'The Secrets of the Best of the Complete Sankey (Three Volumes)'

Actually, the early Sankey stuff in Kaufman's Almanac is, IMHO, some of the best Sankey I've seen. The stuff lately has always struck me as (elaborate, in some cases) variations of his initial ideas.
Josho
View Profile
Special user
Albany, New York
763 Posts

Profile of Josho
Quote:
On 2006-08-10 06:29, magicbern wrote:
You're so funny...NOT! Over the past 2 decades, Jay Sankey has really contributed a lot of innovative effects and theory to the field of close-up magic. It would be great to have a compliation of his creations and thoughts in one place.

I'm in absolute agreement with you; I'll probably buy it, and my comments have nothing to do with what Jay has or has not contributed to magic overall. I like the guy very much and used to be a frequent customer of his. Over the years, that frequency has declined. He has gone from being very selective about his releases to releasing them nonstop. As a natural result, a few of the things he puts out are terrific, and a majority of them are not. It has become astounding to me how often he'll release a (large) handful of effects and then market them as the "real stuff" or the stuff he's "held back" or the stuff he "<b>really</b> uses to bring in the bucks. It's simply inconceivable that he spends as much time "audience-testing" his effects as he says he has, when he is producing DVDs and manuscripts at an insane pace. In fact, given how weak some of the material he releases is, it's clear that they're not quite as well audience-tested as they're advertised to be.

I'd love for him to go back to the way he was when I was a regular customer: occasionally releasing excellent material rather than releasing a continuous torrent of mostly uninspired material and hyping all of it to the stars.

--Josh
John Long
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
2787 Posts

Profile of John Long
Vapor ware?
Breathtaking Magic;
Not Breath Taking
Martino
View Profile
Special user
Manchester, UK
919 Posts

Profile of Martino
Not quite. This project has been taken up by Vanishing Inc. I understand it will be a 3 volume set and is due for release at some point this year. Andi and Josh are very excited about this.
"There's a difference between not knowing how something is done and knowing it can't be done!" - Simon Aronson
MagicBrent
View Profile
Inner circle
2361 Posts

Profile of MagicBrent
Wonder what the approximate cost will be
Vlad_77
View Profile
Inner circle
The Netherlands
5829 Posts

Profile of Vlad_77
If Vanishing Inc. is selling it I will buy it. Their business practices are above reproach.

Best,
Vlad
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » The Complete Sankey (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL