The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » I'm a real boy! » » Punch & Judy Script (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

magicmarkdaniel
View Profile
Special user
Bolton, England UK
831 Posts

Profile of magicmarkdaniel
I have recently aquired a full set of Punch and Judy characters but have no script to go with them. Its been so long since I saw a Punch & Judy show I can't remember the routine and how to make full use of all the puppets. Does anyone have a script or ideas on where I can get a good script from?

Any help much appreciated.

Mark
Mark Daniel
Dr. Hoodwink
View Profile
New user
Eastern NC
42 Posts

Profile of Dr. Hoodwink
Wow, we're almost diametrically opposed. You've got puppets and no script while I've got scripts and no puppets.

Hit Google/Yahoo and use keywords of Punch, Judy and Fellowship (I forget the web addy's). Those should take you to the UK sites that, IMHO, seem to have the most useful information, including the classic script from the early 1800's. Prof. Glyn Edwards is one of the foremost "names" in Punch & Judy scholarship, so hitting his website should link you to the world of Punch & Judy. Yeah, that's the way to do it!

Good luck!
Rob
magicmarkdaniel
View Profile
Special user
Bolton, England UK
831 Posts

Profile of magicmarkdaniel
Thanks for your help Rob, will check that out. Is there a standard script which everyone uses or does everyone just seem to make up their own?

I remember back to primary school when I used to do puppet shows in assemblies, that fazed out as I moved more towards magic but I'm desperately trying to get back into the puppet scene, with magic still being my main career.

Mark
Mark Daniel
Steve V
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern California
1878 Posts

Profile of Steve V
I've never seen anything get kids completely unglued like a punch and judy show.
Steve V
Steve V
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern California
1878 Posts

Profile of Steve V
cheesewrestler
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago
1147 Posts

Profile of cheesewrestler
Have a look at Tony Hancock's film.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » I'm a real boy! » » Punch & Judy Script (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL