We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » My First Illusion Build (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

alcorm1
View Profile
New user
Lancaster NH
64 Posts

Profile of alcorm1
Here are some pics of my first build. I wanted to add a different theme to it which ultimately leads to a different presentation/routine. I am using a 16" superman doll as the load. I know its far from production quality but any feedback you have on it would be appreciated.
Al

http://community.webshots.com/album/552796750gdpDhN
Spellbinder
View Profile
Inner circle
The Holy City of East Orange, NJ
6438 Posts

Profile of Spellbinder
With a square circle that big, you could produce a life-size inflatable superman. Think about it!
Professor Spellbinder

Professor Emeritus at the Turkey Buzzard Academy of Magik, Witchcraft and Wizardry

http://www.magicnook.com

Publisher of The Wizards' Journals
Lusion
View Profile
Special user
590 Posts

Profile of Lusion
Nice work for your first illusion build, I would check some of the threads on painting...you did good work, but if you read some of the threads you will be able to add that Pro Finish to it! Keep it up!!!
tglund
View Profile
Regular user
Broomfield, CO, USA
115 Posts

Profile of tglund
Nice work, and as already noted, you should be able to produce a ton of stuff from it.
Neil_Brown
View Profile
Regular user
England
150 Posts

Profile of Neil_Brown
Nicely done!

Personally, I'm a bit unsure about using the Superman logo, which is a registered trade mark, as far as I know, but, I guess that you're unlikely to come across any problems.
magicmarkdaniel
View Profile
Special user
Bolton, England UK
831 Posts

Profile of magicmarkdaniel
Neil, good point about the logo. You could always use the diamond shaped outline of the Superman Logo and substitute the 'S' in the centre for your initial.

Mark
Mark Daniel
alcorm1
View Profile
New user
Lancaster NH
64 Posts

Profile of alcorm1
Thanks for the positive comments, I had a lot of fun building it. I was also wondering about the logo. I was thinking maybe just calling it a superbox without the reference to superman since it is such a recognized symbol anyways. My patter/routine involves talking about Superman's house and how he gets in without anyone seeing him, but I am sure I can modify it so that I don't actually mention "superman".
dbmagic123
View Profile
Regular user
Evansville Indiana
198 Posts

Profile of dbmagic123
Nice job,,, Looks good,,

Don
m.ruetz
View Profile
Veteran user
Peoria Arizona, USA
378 Posts

Profile of m.ruetz
Nice work, I think you can make the black art holes bigger and maintain the invisibility.
MagicGizmo: Magic Articles, Classifieds, Videos, and more
http://magicgizmo.com
alcorm1
View Profile
New user
Lancaster NH
64 Posts

Profile of alcorm1
Quote:
On 2006-08-08 13:00, m.ruetz wrote:
Nice work, I think you can make the black art holes bigger and maintain the invisibility.

I was thinking the same thing. I am going to build another box with a halloween theme and use cut-outs of ghosts which will be a little bigger.
MagicB1S
View Profile
Inner circle
Knoxville Tenn.
1039 Posts

Profile of MagicB1S
Just curious ... What are you producing from such a large sq.circle?
"There are Tricks To All Trades.... My Trade is all Tricks"

"An amature practices until he gets it right. A Professional Practices until he can't get it wrong"

www.Themagicchest.webs.com
bobswislosky@yahoo.com
alcorm1
View Profile
New user
Lancaster NH
64 Posts

Profile of alcorm1
I had a superman doll that I was using but I just got a 3ft inflatable superman that fits pretty well. I'm going to start using that now.
BRodgers
View Profile
Special user
543 Posts

Profile of BRodgers
Very nice work, the paint job looks good, very bright colors. Keep up the good work. Be sure to post a pic of your next one.

Brian
Creator of The Phantom Band 360
Steven True
View Profile
Special user
Bonney Lake,WA
765 Posts

Profile of Steven True
Very nice build for your first time. I too built a square circle recently and really should post some pics. Keep at it and you will be a building pro in no time. It is a lot of fun to perform with something that you actually built yourself. At one point Chance Wolf had some painting tips here in a thread. I used them to build a couple of things and they did come out looking so much more pro looking. I will see if I still have his tips here at my office and I will repost them for you or you could just ask Chance. One good thing about him is he is really great with tips on prop building. All yo uhave to do is see one of his props in person to know that he has it down to perfection. Anyway just my thoughts here.

Happy Magic
Steven
dbearden
View Profile
Regular user
Oneonta, AL
102 Posts

Profile of dbearden
Great job! I have built several square circles, and believe me, if the covering of the load tube is good enough, you can just about have the front entirely open, and the audience won't see a thing. One in particular that I made used 1/2" mesh wire across the entire front. I painted the wire white, and the illusion was so good, it just about fooled me! As Steven said, it is a lot of fun to perform with something that you actually build yourself! Keep up the good work!
pradell
View Profile
Special user
Alaska
559 Posts

Profile of pradell
More info on the Superman trademark:

http://www.intelproplaw.com/Forum/Forum.......09940872

:magicrabbit:
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » My First Illusion Build (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.21 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL