The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Boxes, tubes & bags » » Airborne using an actual glass?? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

EvanMagic
View Profile
Elite user
Manitoba
471 Posts

Profile of EvanMagic
Looking at past Airborne's sold, they come with these cheap plastic glasses you find at a dollar store.

Has anyone found a dealer that uses real glass glasses? or know of how to build one successfully?

If so PM me, or else this thread may move to the 'Secret Sessions'.

Thanks in advance,

Evan
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
The airborne glass has always been made in plastic glasses because of the following factors:

Weight of real glass
Difficulty to modify real glass 2 the different methods used in the manufacturer
Messing up your clients floor with broken glass
Finally high cost of production

As far as making one yourself, contact a glass blower for one that also does glass etching or a glass manufacturer if you want a large guanity
Lou Hilario
View Profile
Inner circle
2234 Posts

Profile of Lou Hilario
Why do you want a real glass? There are so many acrylic plastic glasses that look like glass. Aside from that it is easy to drill plastic for the hook up.
I've tried attaching the hook up to real glass using epoxy and thin wire and it also does work.
But my system is entirely different because I use an electronic airborne bottle and large wine glass which I made entirely myself.
Magic, Illusions, Juggling, Puppet & Parrot Show ^0^
http://www.louhilario.net
ClintonMagus
View Profile
Inner circle
Southwestern Southeast
3997 Posts

Profile of ClintonMagus
What is an "electronic Airborne bottle"?

Amos McCormick
Things are more like they are today than they've ever been before...
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Quote:
On 2006-08-06 06:56, amosmc wrote:
What is an "electronic Airborne bottle"?

Amos McCormick

It is an Airborne Glass outfit made in Italy. It has electronic inner works and uses battries. The glass can float down toward the floor for about 2 feet and then up to the bottle opening as the performer is pouring the liquid into the glass.
djsteve
View Profile
New user
london
11 Posts

Profile of djsteve
Do not Vienna Magic sell an electronic airborne, I seem to remeber one being sold a few years ago
silking
View Profile
Loyal user
213 Posts

Profile of silking
I got mine from Vienna Magic a few years back. You might check with Hank Lee as I think he carried it at one time.

Silking
akc22
View Profile
Regular user
107 Posts

Profile of akc22
Ray Lum makes an EXCELLENT version of Airborne (the same one that I believe Lance Burton uses). The "glass" is sandblasted to appear like a frosted glass (it is actually plastic). As mentioned above, a real glass would be much heavier and require a much stronger (and therefore more visible) gimmick. However, if a real glass is what you really require for some reason I would suggest contacting Ray as he actually manufactures the complete setup.

Here is the link to the Ray Lum Ultimate Airborne:

http://www.themagicofraylum.com/airborne.htm
Lou Hilario
View Profile
Inner circle
2234 Posts

Profile of Lou Hilario
Sounds like this version is not electronic but uses a weight to retract the nylon similar to Fukai's anywhere airborne can.
I've been using my own development of electronic airborne bottle and it works well surrounded and gives applause from my audience everytime. I only do 1 feet of length going down and returning up. I use a plastic wine glass. Too long and the glass tends to swing.
Magic, Illusions, Juggling, Puppet & Parrot Show ^0^
http://www.louhilario.net
johnpert
View Profile
Veteran user
Ontario, Canada
322 Posts

Profile of johnpert
My version uses the wine spout to house the gimmick. Any suggestions if one wanted to use a pop bottle instead? The wine spout wouldn't be appropriate.

Thanks,

j.
eb02
View Profile
Special user
680 Posts

Profile of eb02
Hi Even

There is one on http://www.magicauction.com/Mag_auc/utility.htm
I believe this is what you are looking for.
Eran Blizovsky
www.magic4business.net
HarbinJr.
View Profile
Elite user
I only have
450 Posts

Profile of HarbinJr.
Whats Fukai's Anywhere Airborne Can? Where can this be located at?

Robert
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Boxes, tubes & bags » » Airborne using an actual glass?? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL