The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Where to put it all... » » Attaching trim? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Noel D
View Profile
Regular user
197 Posts

Profile of Noel D
I found a wooden TV dinner stand at a garage sale for $3. Since I needed a new table anyway, I bought it, painted it black, and slightly snipped my close up pad to fit on it perfectly.

I have some gold trim, but then I realized I had no idea how to put it on! Do you glue it on to the table? Staple it somehow? I really have no clue.

A search turned up nothing, so could anyone who has done this before help me with this?
mvmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Has written
1305 Posts

Profile of mvmagic
You might find "Workshop" more suitable for this.

By trim, I take you mean some sort of fabric. You could staple it or nail it with small finishing nails. Or maybe use velcro, glue or nail velcro to the table and sew the counterpart to the trim. Best of luck!
Sent from my Typewriter
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24265 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
Low temperature hot glue is good if you don't leave this in your car. Staples work well. If you want something that may look classier, use upholstery tacks. There are also tack strips that look like round headed tacks, but actually are dummy heads. Every sixth or seventh head has a hole in it, so you can tack through it.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
Bill Hoffman
View Profile
Loyal user
297 Posts

Profile of Bill Hoffman
I put my trim on with gorrilla glue. It's good stuff.
MagicBH@Gmail.com
<BR>http://billhoffmanmagic.com
PROFED
View Profile
Loyal user
Chicago,Illinois
229 Posts

Profile of PROFED
I made a skirt out of black cloth from the fabric store, hemmed it with iron on tape, (There is also is lquid product that would do the same thing), and applied gold trim with the iron on tape, then applied sticky velcro to the skirt and table (in my case the table was a suitcase that I put on a stand). I have had zero experience in doing thse kind of things- low and behold, it looks great.

Regards, Ed Gilmore
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24107 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
I use velcro to hold the trim. Because it can always be taken off after the show for traveling. The "wear and tear" during traveling will make it look bad. When the velcro trim is off some nicks may apply to table as "wear and tear," but the velcro trim will hide it when put back on before the show.
Magical Dimensions
View Profile
Inner circle
5001 Posts

Profile of Magical Dimensions
I am down with using Velcro. You can quickly change trim to create different looks for your props.

Ray
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
24265 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
Velcro is good. Make sure to fasten it firmly in place with glue, staples or both.

Gorilla glue is very strong. Make sure you don't get it on your fingers.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

bizjak
View Profile
New user
57 Posts

Profile of bizjak
Craft store hot glue can be used although in the past I have found it to not last very long. I second the suggestion of using Gorilla Glue...it is good and strong.
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
24265 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
The strength of hot glue varies from type to type. Also, surface preparation is very important when using ANY glue.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

Bob Sanders
View Profile
Grammar Supervisor
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20514 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Materials will really matter here. Do you know an upholstery shop nearby?

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Where to put it all... » » Attaching trim? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL