The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Alternate "Forgetfull" Routines (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Smoke & Mirrors
View Profile
Special user
506 Posts

Profile of Smoke & Mirrors
For those who have used "forgetfull" type props like the The Happy Hyena, Forgetfull Frankie, Airhead Rudy, etc., what alternate ideas/routines have you used that you like & wish to share? I am working one up and will share it here when it's ready.
Neale Bacon
View Profile
Inner circle
Burnaby BC Canada
1775 Posts

Profile of Neale Bacon
I saw someone do a Forgetful Frosty once using a snowman.
Neale Bacon and his Crazy Critters
Burnaby BC
Canada's Favourite Family Ventriloquist
www.baconandfriends.com
Donald Dunphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Victoria, BC, Canada
7396 Posts

Profile of Donald Dunphy
For those not familiar with these modifications, and where to get them:

Forgetful Frosty is available from Dazzling Magic. Forgetful Frankie from Mike Bent. Airhead Rudy from Steve Taylor. Happy Hyena from Wolf Magic. My jumbo Forgetful Freddie is from Mak Magic.

- Donald
Donald Dunphy is a Victoria Magician, British Columbia, Canada.
magicbern
View Profile
Inner circle
Hong Kong, China
1218 Posts

Profile of magicbern
I used Bid Bad Kong for a long time - and the movie remake last year was helpful in this respect! The product was made my Ickle Pickle and could be pruchased from major dealers. I got mine from David Ginn - you should also check out his routine which is in his Monsters and MAgic book as well as on audio tape - School Show Presentation. Also on one of his Live Kidbiz DVD compilations - Volume 4. All available from the man himself!
Another one of this genre that is very successful (thanks to the recently-concluded World Cup) is George the Footballer (where a football he carries under his arm vanishes - rather than his head). The kids love it too!
cardone
View Profile
Special user
852 Posts

Profile of cardone
I love my Frankie ... I use all year not just Halloween... The routine I use is based on the David Ginn card in balloon routine from his book.. I think it is in "Proffesional magic for Children" Lots of gag wands and kids on stage ... plays much bigger !
magicbern
View Profile
Inner circle
Hong Kong, China
1218 Posts

Profile of magicbern
The David Ginn Card in Balloon routine you are talking about is actually found in his book KIDBIZ and not the book you mentioned.
cardone
View Profile
Special user
852 Posts

Profile of cardone
Kidbiz... that's it .....great book ...........
Acecardician
View Profile
Inner circle
New Orleans
1345 Posts

Profile of Acecardician
Routine I did was put different balloon face heads on it. This can be done with any "Forgetfull" effect. It especially works well with my Forgetfull Snowman. Check with any Qualatex Balloon Supplier. I use Larocks. They have 5" round balloons with faces such as:
Spiderman, Dracula, jack o lantern, a Disney Princess, a skull, frog, google eyed octopus, eyeball, pink cat face on a heart, alien with a helmet, and a snowman! And others!

I blow up each one as a replacement for the head. I place it where the head should be and have the kids yell NO! And then let the air out of each one until we find the right head. The snowman head works well for the Forgetfull snowman. Then finish the routine in your favorite manner. This can add a lot of by-play, audience participation, and fun to the effect.

Joe(JO JO) Strauch
magicbob116
View Profile
Inner circle
1523 Posts

Profile of magicbob116
Here's a build-it-youself version from the Magic Nook. I made one of these and really have fun with the head visibily shrinking to a fraction of the original size, THEN replacing it with a balloon for the finally.

http://www.magicnook.com/hardboard/HDDTB1-07.htm
B. Robert Pulver

The "I Hate Card Tricks!" Book of Card Tricks Vol. 1, 2, and 3
Kards for Kids
Sticky Situations
Sleightly Wacky
http://www.magicnook.com/magicbob
Jay Ward
View Profile
Veteran user
Flowery Branch, GA
328 Posts

Profile of Jay Ward
Quote:
On 2009-07-11 15:19, Acecardician wrote:
Routine I did was put different balloon face heads on it. This can be done with any "Forgetfull" effect. It especially works well with my Forgetfull Snowman. Check with any Qualatex Balloon Supplier. I use Larocks. They have 5" round balloons with faces such as:
Spiderman, Dracula, jack o lantern, a Disney Princess, a skull, frog, google eyed octopus, eyeball, pink cat face on a heart, alien with a helmet, and a snowman! And others!

I blow up each one as a replacement for the head. I place it where the head should be and have the kids yell NO! And then let the air out of each one until we find the right head. The snowman head works well for the Forgetfull snowman. Then finish the routine in your favorite manner. This can add a lot of by-play, audience participation, and fun to the effect.

Joe(JO JO) Strauch

I use Spiderman heads on Big Bad Kong. Then you can say he's a spider monkey. If you use Qualatex, make sure you fully inflate them and then a little more because they are thick balloons and don't pop as easily as other balloons.
Acecardician
View Profile
Inner circle
New Orleans
1345 Posts

Profile of Acecardician
Quote:
On 2009-07-13 02:36, Cre8ivelyTwisted wrote:
Quote:
On 2009-07-11 15:19, Acecardician wrote:

Joe(JO JO) Strauch

I use Spiderman heads on Big Bad Kong. Then you can say he's a spider monkey. If you use Qualatex, make sure you fully inflate them and then a little more because they are thick balloons and don't pop as easily as other balloons.

There you go, Great minds think alike!

ACE
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Alternate "Forgetfull" Routines (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL