The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » Amazing Volunteer (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Strangelittleman
View Profile
Regular user
Sydney Aus
184 Posts

Profile of Strangelittleman
Out of curiosity I'm interested in what people think of this subject/volunteer.

A work collegue of mine heard about what I do outside of "the office" and asked me to describe a typical show. After a breif description of the entire show I had been running (all shows currently on hold now lol) she asked for a bigger description of the induction.

Now, and let me make this clear, I carefully described an induction, but left out enough to make it understandable but not repeatable. While describing it I lost focus as I was thinking and by the time I had finished (3 mins max) and looked back at her she was for all effects "out".

Firstly I thought it was a joke, but she responded to muscle catalepsy and had to be brought out again. Like many stage 4's she had no memory and as I know this individual fairly well am wont to believe she wasnt pulling my leg. Now my question is twofold.

Firstly Im guessing that she has an amazing visual imagination hence the effect of the description was actually visualised and did put her out....any thoughts

And secondly has anyone else had similar incidents, what happened, what were your views on it and is it a common occurance or extremely rare (im thinking the later).

Anyhow - any thoughts?
PS - She wants to go under again, although I have a recommended a therapist at this point.
Lee Darrow
View Profile
V.I.P.
Chicago, IL USA
3588 Posts

Profile of Lee Darrow
Such a reaction is probably more common that many people might think. and I am willing to bet that your guess about her ability to imagine in detail is probably right on the money, though visual orientation may not necessarily be the primary representational system you are dealing with. She MAY be a strong kinesthetic with a visual lead.

If she wants to experience it again, I really don't see much of a problem, other than the possible usual ones of attachment that can occur with any client. Did she give you a reason FOR wanting to experience hypnosis again?

And, as an aside, if she is a spontaneously amnesic subject, I would strongly suggest having a witness present for ANY session that you have with her - and maybe videotaping it as well - for your OWN safety.

Lee Darrow, C.H.
http://www.leedarrow.com
<BR>"Because NICE Matters!"
Strangelittleman
View Profile
Regular user
Sydney Aus
184 Posts

Profile of Strangelittleman
I normally video any private subjects - for my own safety Smile spot on.

Her reason is that, due to her amnesia she wants to go under and "remember". She's an experiental person and to have missed the memory of that expereince is a disappointment for her.

Believe me - attachment is not on the cards....like most people she judges this book by its cover (really need to put up a photo), hence, not interested in strangelittlemen lol
Lee Darrow
View Profile
V.I.P.
Chicago, IL USA
3588 Posts

Profile of Lee Darrow
You never know, my friend! Look at me and then try to figure out how I wound up married to a former Miss Chicago and Miss Illinois contestant who also publishes The Chicago Talent Directory!

Sometimes, a woman will approach you sideways like this.. been there, had it happen and, this October, we will celebrate our tenth wedding anniversary!

Lee Darrow, C.H.
http://www.leedarrow.com
<BR>"Because NICE Matters!"
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » Amazing Volunteer (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL