The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Baba's my Bokor or Why I love Voodoo and you should too! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
The Doktor
View Profile
New user
Spiderskull Island
98 Posts

Profile of The Doktor
The Doktor recently asked his bokor bizzare buddie baba to recommend reading regarding reilgions of the voodoo nature. Now The Doktor is inclined to insist he has begun to believe in the beauty and pure power possesed by practioners of voodoo.

All Hail The Baba!

H D X!
“Look down at me and you see a fool;
look up at me and you see a god;
look straight at me and you see yourself”

“I'm not your eXecutioner. I'm not your devil and I'm not your God. I'm just The Doktor."

H D X!
Mystician
View Profile
Inner circle
Wallachia
3485 Posts

Profile of Mystician
Baba's da man !
Just hanging out with the rest of my fellow dregs.
http:// www . phrets . com
Visit http://www.bizarremagic.net
Bill Ligon
View Profile
Inner circle
A sure sign of a misspent youth:
6437 Posts

Profile of Bill Ligon
You're right, Myst. He's da man!
Author of THE HOLY ART: Bizarre Magick From Naljorpa's Cave. NOW IN HARDCOVER! VIEW: <BR>www.lulu.com/content/1399405 ORDER: http://stores.lulu.com/naljorpa
<BR>A TASSEL ON THE LUNATIC FRINGE
The Curator
View Profile
V.I.P.
Beware Vampire, I have
3824 Posts

Profile of The Curator
Long life to Baba.
Gede Nibo
View Profile
Inner circle
2447 Posts

Profile of Gede Nibo
MuhahahahahHAHAHAMUUUUUHAHAHAH....ehem...

my SPELL has WORKED!!! now you shall all work for me...

starting with YOU Curator...I shall send the PDF soon Smile

seriously, geez, thanx fellas...I LOVE all my comrades and have grown, and learned MUCH from you all...

and, I DO recommend that fellow bizarrists read more on Vodou and its branches...we must transcend our limitations in our work and learn to incorporate more than just voodoo dolls and the like...

the irony is, as I state in my book, Vodou is amongst the oldest forms of Shamanic magick, yet it still remains for the most part obscure to many bizarrists..no worries though, BABA to the rescue Smile

so mote it be!

fraternally

Baba

Founder of the Grand and Golden Lodge of the Illumined Magus (G.G.L.I.M.)**

** members needed Smile
Rev.moonchild
View Profile
Regular user
Bristol, Pa.
173 Posts

Profile of Rev.moonchild
Founder of the Grand and Golden Lodge of the Illumined Magus (G.G.L.I.M.)**

** members needed

Sign me up Baba ..Looking foward to the book .
I love the hole concept of Voodoo that I have a hole part of my show dedicated to the Art. And always have an eye out for new ideals .
Follow the spirits of the wind and you will find your voice
<BR> Rev. Moonchild
<BR>
<BR>www.magicalelixer.com
Khopri
View Profile
Loyal user
Austin, TX
237 Posts

Profile of Khopri
Wait...Baba's starting a lodge?

Sign me up too!

Do we get to wear cool robes?
Bill Ligon
View Profile
Inner circle
6437 Posts

Profile of Bill Ligon
Well, what the heck. Sign me up, too!
Author of THE HOLY ART: Bizarre Magick From Naljorpa's Cave. NOW IN HARDCOVER! VIEW: <BR>www.lulu.com/content/1399405 ORDER: http://stores.lulu.com/naljorpa
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
17669 Posts

Profile of Slim King
Do we get a discount on our drinks?.......Like the ELKS?
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
nostromo
View Profile
New user
Pensacola, Fla
79 Posts

Profile of nostromo
Can we have an annual convention at Rev Zombies in the French Quarter?
Gede Nibo
View Profile
Inner circle
2447 Posts

Profile of Gede Nibo
Light!

The vision I always keep in my bosom is this:

- a "virutal" Lodge of sorts that seeks to perpetuate and preserve the ORIGINAL roots of Shamanic Magick--to uplift, enlighten, inspire, awaken, and the rest...and yes, to entertain, but this aspect is secondary, contrary to modern magic...someone always has to sit at the roots and make sure the tree is well fed and watered, and who better than the so called bizarrist who seeks to do as stated above?

-the higher form of this lodge would be not unlike the IBM et al, who have regular meetings and various chapters...but, admittedly, our branch is quite small compared to the aforementioned orgs.......but there shall come a day that we are again the majority Smile

-in this lodge we would have degrees, like the 50 posts, only more esoteric in view. Ones could look to the Elders of the Craft for further learning and instruction...

-we would collect libraries of online ebooks from OLD sources, ie, Crowley, Lovecraft, Blavestky et al, so as to inspire the would be bizarrists work all the more...there are many of these ebooks freely and legally available to the seeker..

-the symbol I think of is something like the pyramids surrounded by stonehenge or something of this all inclusive nature...

-it would be way cooler than the Elks etc....more Masonic in essence, minus the conspiracy theories and Illuminati Smile (Thas NOT the real aim of freemasonry, by the way)

-in short, the mission of this Lodge would be to bring enlightenment to our magick--giving it a higher purpose, and meaning....

but alas, a dream is but a dream....

alright, back to typing the book Smile

Frat:.

Baba
mota
View Profile
Inner circle
1658 Posts

Profile of mota
So I start a thread about voodoo magic that looks real and find out this thread has been here all along.

Looking forward to your book...no need to gaff the chicken part of the ceremony. They are just chickens.
coupcoupdaddy
View Profile
Inner circle
2466 Posts

Profile of coupcoupdaddy
"Just imagine
Zobop, Bizango
Macandahl
Meet in Obidia!"

--Crop Circle Secrets

Hail Baba!
H D X!

--Lydia 15
foreign correspondent, z and lt

inner being worker
The Curator
View Profile
V.I.P.
Beware Vampire, I have
3824 Posts

Profile of The Curator
There must be some spare place in the Surnateum's caves for a temple or a hounfor...
sinnead zenun
View Profile
Elite user
Mt. Makiling
408 Posts

Profile of sinnead zenun
Sign me up too...
also looking forward to the book...
drwilson
View Profile
Inner circle
Bar Harbor, ME
2191 Posts

Profile of drwilson
Keep dreaming, Baba!

I have been doing Hindoo Jadoo in my regular show for the past two months, and you would pleased to learn, Baba, that some slight tendril of your dreams has reached this far-flung outpost of civilization and is revealing a wider world to the locals.

Sign me up!

Yours,

Paul
Bill Ligon
View Profile
Inner circle
6437 Posts

Profile of Bill Ligon
Really, let's make Baba's dream a reality!

Bill
gsidhe
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
1726 Posts

Profile of gsidhe
I'm in.
Let's do it.
Gwyd
Sylver Fyre
View Profile
Regular user
Michigan
152 Posts

Profile of Sylver Fyre
Baba your words are inspiring...
Sylver Fyre

"Do not warm yourself by the fire, become the flame"
---------------------------------------------
www.knottybitssideshow.com
Add me on Myspace or Facebook! http://www.myspace.com/sylverfyre
The Doktor
View Profile
New user
Spiderskull Island
98 Posts

Profile of The Doktor
As The Doktor's spiRITUAL advisor Baba's lodge will be top top priortiy once The Doktor is placed in power as world conqueror so in essence by assisting The Doktor you are assisting Baba.

BABA WHERE"S THE BOOK!!!!!!!!!

isso H D X!

H D X!
“Look down at me and you see a fool;
look up at me and you see a god;
look straight at me and you see yourself”

“I'm not your eXecutioner. I'm not your devil and I'm not your God. I'm just The Doktor."

H D X!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Baba's my Bokor or Why I love Voodoo and you should too! (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL