The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Perchance to dream. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Caleb Strange
View Profile
Special user
Manchester UK
676 Posts

Profile of Caleb Strange
For a while, I've toyed with the idea of actually getting inside my audience's dreams: not necessarily what you're thinking! Imagine doing a routine where you examine the weird things that occur in dreams. Precognitive (Titanic and Aberfan disasters, etc.), problem solving (Kekule), creativity (Coleridge), and lucid dreaming. Then move on to some effects. Here's some ideas:

A volunteer and a respected person with an envelope you sent them a month ago are called out to assist you. The volunteer recounts the details of a vivid dream he/she had the previous month. You do a little analysis and cold reading. You explain that as part of your sleep research at the University, you did an experiment in dream transference. For the previous month you have used your abilities as a lucid dreamer, to recreate a specific dream, making it as vivid as possible (tweaking the colours and sounds in that NLP way). You wonderered what the result would be. Out comes the neatly printed, official looking dream protocol from the envelope, and, surprise surprise its a very close match. Several members of the audience report similar dreams.

As part of a reading, you ask if someone has a recurrent dream. You analyse it, and then ask the client to open the envelope on the table. A printed sheet inside closely recounts their dream, and offers a positive interpretation.

Putting on your David Hoy hat, you predict many of the dreams that your audience will have in the next few days, hurling them out, as it were. Everybody gets a business card and a number to call if you succeed. From time to time, this does your publicity alot of good. A bit of luck, and you manage to predict the dreams of a 'B List' celebrity who came to see your show. This goes national, and you give Randi nightmares(!)

As part of your dream routine you recount a story used the preceeding week in the University experiment. AFTER you've read this story, several people report hits and near misses. More people dream the story in the nights following the show.

You put the cards and stones away away, and cold read entirely as a dream consultant.

Shiels has 'Dreams and destiny' in his 'Bizarre'. A nice Pseudo Psychometry/Doodles variation. Any others?

Regards,

Caleb Strange.
-- QCiC --
Ramsay
View Profile
Special user
England
638 Posts

Profile of Ramsay
I once worked on a sequence that would be seen as follows:

A spectator is asked to think of a recent dream/nightmare adn to picyture it perfectly. To put themselfs in the actual dream.

You then ask them to open their eyes and look into your own.

You show your hands empty and cup them together.

On opening yuor hands an objects falls from within an object the spectator had seen featuring in their own dream.

At the moment it is only a percentage effect eg only working with certain people. I basically worked a production around some of the thoughts in Banacheks Chapter on Dreams from his book Psch Subt.

Anyways just thought I'd pass an idea along...

Luke Jermay.
Necromancer
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago
2986 Posts

Profile of Necromancer
There are some nice ideas about commonly experienced dreams in Banacheck's Psychological Subtleties (along with a lot of other thought-provoking material). Give it a look!
Creator of The Xpert (20 PAGES of reviews!) and the Hands-Off Multiple ESP System ("Quality and design far exceed any ESP cards on the market"-Genii), both at Penguin.
Dark illusionist
View Profile
Loyal user
pough town new york
253 Posts

Profile of Dark illusionist
I cant help but think of freddy cruger. not the new freddy that everybody roots for but the old one that terrified me.

:bat: Jonathan Smile
Check out my brand new website:

www.ovationmagic.cjb.net

if you like it sign the guest book, if you realy like it then realy sign the guest book. If you hate it then go away.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Perchance to dream. (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL