The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Circle show vs. Doorway show (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
BAH1313
View Profile
Elite user
Ohio
445 Posts

Profile of BAH1313
I totally agree with Koz. He taught me this lesson and proved it to me! Listen to the man!
I am truly blessed to have a job where people are laughing all the time and everyone believes in magic....Come to think of it, I'm blessed to even have a job.
Danny Hustle
View Profile
Inner circle
Boston, MA USA
2393 Posts

Profile of Danny Hustle
Koz,

It would have been cheaper if you just wrote them all a check! Smile

Read Kozmo's advice. What he just gave you is pure gold! Platinum even! Smile

Best,

Dan

"MT is one of the reasons we started this board! I’m so sick of posts being deleted without any reason given, and by unknown people at that." - Steve Brooks Sep 7, 2001 8:38pm
©1999-2014 Daniel Denney all rights reserved.
JamesinLA
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
3400 Posts

Profile of JamesinLA
Yeah, that is certainly my expereince too about being able to work close up. For my pitch, this was what I would do when I was being blown out by break dancers and/or loud musicians on either side of me. Close up was the only way to work in those situations and it saved me from wasting two hours on the pitch which is how long you would have to stay in one place before rotation on 3rd street.

Jim
Oh, my friend we're older but no wiser, for in our hearts the dreams are still the same...
kOnO
View Profile
Special user
548 Posts

Profile of kOnO
For a great example of the smaller sidewalk show check out Sonny Holliday's performance on the Art of Street Performing VOL I (if you don't have it yet it is available from Koz's site)

Thanks producing this great series, Mr Kozmo!!!!!

kOnO
It is a lot easier to get older than it is to get wiser.
bond19
View Profile
Inner circle
Blackpool, England
1338 Posts

Profile of bond19
Thanks Kos,

Your reply was bang on topic and was just what I needed to hear. I guess I was getting way ahead of myself and thinking of the circle show before I had even stepped onto the streets. I will stick on taget and aim for my first sidewalk show soon. Thank's again Kos, you reply was sopt on and I will take the advice and run with it!!

Chris
Kozmo
View Profile
V.I.P.
5473 Posts

Profile of Kozmo
You're welcome
SeaDawg
View Profile
Special user
The Lunatic Fringe
718 Posts

Profile of SeaDawg
Great discourse on sidewalk and circle shows.

In todays hectic world often a quick hitting sidewalk show maybe the answer since so many people are in a rush.

Often I have snapped my first sidewalk set, hatted and asked if there are thsoe who want to see more. I repeated this 4 times one day when busy....

Just make sure you have enough props so you don't have to reset... Can be very profitable
Crazy people take the psycho-path thru the forest...
jimmy talksalot
View Profile
Special user
new orleans
757 Posts

Profile of jimmy talksalot
Heres what I think its right to start out w/ the door way and use stuff that can be done inna circle show

when you do close up do parlor, when you do parlor do stage, when you do stage do oh my god that's huge.

for the door way or sidewalk you should be talking non stop [unless a silent act]don't pause except once or twice to emphasize or purge bad people. the other is don't stop machine gunning them with tricks its a solid work out for @ 8 mins don't worry about crowd build you'll be doin another show in @ 8 mins

think of yourself as an infomercial rinse and repeat all day long wether they watch or not. this does several things first it helps your future circle show get tight and it gets you to the point to where you don't care if they watch you which is crucial for street performing [people smell desperation and run].

the effect is this "whats that guy doin over there?"

"oh it sounds rythmic.how the hell did he do that?my god wow .......oh he's askin for money better give him some that's what people do. oh great he's startin over I could just watch this as long as I want cool. well I've watched three shows and only givin him a few bucks I feel awkeward I just sneak away."
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Circle show vs. Doorway show (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL