The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » just a word... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

bigplumbz
View Profile
Regular user
127 Posts

Profile of bigplumbz
I am looking for an effect where a spectator merely thinks of a word which the perfomrer then devines. Any ideas? I have an idea which involves the spec to write down the word...but i am looking for one where nothing is writte...is anything out like this?
thanx
bryan
Necromancer
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago
2987 Posts

Profile of Necromancer
Well, now you're talking about mentalism! For resources that contain tons of this sort of material, I would direct you to a few of the classics straight away (two old, one new): Corinda's 13 Steps to Mentalism; Annemann's Practical Mental Effects; and Busch's Peek Performances.

There are plenty of effects in these books that require no writing; many allow the participant to secretly think of a word freely selected from a book or dictionary (and what could be fairer than that, as it eliminates the most commonly thought-of words, and therefore any psychological explanation?).

Incidentally, although many of the effects you will encounter require the participant to write things down, that need not be a pitfall. After all, the act of writing serves to further ingrain the word or image into the participant's mind, presumably making it easier to read telepathically. It also prevents him from changing his mind at the last moment, and potentially ruining your performance; and it gives the audience something strong and visual to see at the end of an effect, as proof of your success.

If you have more questions, feel free to PM me.

Best wishes.
Creator of The Xpert (20 PAGES of reviews!) and the Hands-Off Multiple ESP System ("Quality and design far exceed any ESP cards on the market"-Genii), both at Penguin.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » just a word... (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.07 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL