The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Password (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
Lior
View Profile
Inner circle
1962 Posts

Profile of Lior
User name: your credit card number
password: exp

:)

I put Vernon ...the best magical password
you can ask:what is the most common password for magic websites

Lior
The Lior Touch
https://1amagic.com/
PEA Dave Lederman Award 2009
PEA Dunninger Award 2001
Life Time Achivmeant IUPA 2016
themindreader
View Profile
Loyal user
254 Posts

Profile of themindreader
Hi,

The way I got around this on my site was to make the question itelf full of 'rich' words which would return too many results on google.

My question is 'what is the name of the technique often used by magicians and mentalists to gain an apparant psychic reading?'

If you type the words psychic, technique, magician, mentalist into google I think that it's likely you'll have lots of results,

Simon
jimtron
View Profile
Inner circle
2039 Posts

Profile of jimtron
But how would the desired people know which technique you're referring to, since there are several different answers?
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
18036 Posts

Profile of Slim King
I see what you are saying Mindreader.
Good point.
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
dave_matkin
View Profile
Inner circle
4522 Posts

Profile of dave_matkin
Quote:
On 2006-08-14 11:08, Eman wrote:
Quote:
On 2006-08-13 21:58, jimtron wrote:
Quote:
15 letter synonym for magician.

A tricky one to spell; that could be a problem (it starts with a P, right?).

yes.

YOU Lost me at synonym! Obviously I’m just a dumb amateur magician / clown with dishlexia (wasn’t that a trick by Daryl?)
Carlos the Great
View Profile
Inner circle
California
1234 Posts

Profile of Carlos the Great
Quote:
On 2006-08-06 03:27, Kevvy wrote:
Quote:
On 2006-08-06 03:06, Tom Cutts wrote:

Annymann could do it.

Theoretically, annyway.

omg, you guys are killing me over here, LOL.

What you can do is mention a shared event such as "what magic trick did legendary magicians Penn and his partner Teller expose that resulted in their "expulsion" from a historic magic building?"

The actual name of the "building" with Penn & Teller can get you the results but if somebody is clever enough to figure out which club, then they should probably have access, no? I tried to insert as many "keywords" in the question to throw people off as possible. Of course, this page is google-able, so it would have to be modified.

-Carlos
Cognite tute
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24315 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
Quote:
On 2006-08-05 23:52, Maddened wrote:
Who first coined the spelling "weerd"?

This one is un-googlable. For curiosity, I just like to see how many would know this. Heh...

Really? I googled weerd and got 750,000 hits.

Try this one -- "Who wrote Annemann's Practical Mental Effects? also called Practical Mental Magic. Last name only, all lowercase."

They would probably have to own a copy of the book to get the answer. It wasn't Annemann.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
18036 Posts

Profile of Slim King
So I had to go get the book off the shelf. The dust cover seems totally misleading...But I see your point( Since it appears to be fact!)
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
GusVanNostrum
View Profile
Veteran user
With automatic writing I've produced
343 Posts

Profile of GusVanNostrum
I still think that the picture idea is the best.

Have a picture of Max Maven and let them enter his real name. Everybody should be able to do that. Even magicians. And don't forget to rename the picture file to e.g. deddy.jpg to buzz of the ones that thinks it is in the filename.
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
18036 Posts

Profile of Slim King
That's a great idea!
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24315 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
Quote:
On 2006-08-06 13:49, Thomas Rudolfo wrote:
Well, whenever I needed some password tests or similar one of my questions always involved a picture of a mentalist (who should be recogniced by any serious mentalist) and then ask either for first name or anything else.

The beauty is that pictures are quite hard to google and thus you can be quite sure that only interested mentalists can get into it.

Greetings
Thomas

Maybe they are hard to find on Google.de, but in the states, you can find all sorts of pictures of mentalists by using the images option in google. If you have had any experience at all with "secret sharing" web sites, you know how determined these leeches can be to find out who is in a photo.

If you do set something like this up, you need to put a searchbot rejecting line in your code on each page. This keeps your pages out of the archives. I've done it on certain pages I don't want to be preserved.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Password (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL