The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Of Interest.... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

ALEXANDRE
View Profile
Inner circle
3024 Posts

Profile of ALEXANDRE
For fellow Bizarrists who've not had a chance to look at it....

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......59&5
Anabelle
View Profile
Special user
951 Posts

Profile of Anabelle
I performed this with an old deck of cards I have making it a spooky sort of bizarre presentation, but some said the deck was probably marked even though I barely looked at it and they checked out the cards and obviously no markings were found. I thought of a bizarre presentation with a borrowed deck, but it's not the same. I'd love to hear of any bizarre presentations with this. Any?

Anabelle
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcanis
10781 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
Just got it - love it - especially since I carry around what is needed already for some other bizarre mentalism effects - but using a borrowed deck is great because it defeats the marked deck - in fact - when I first red A's dec of this effect - if it wasn't for the borrowed cards I'd say "marked!" right away...

One could add a steel blindfold I suppose... but the key with your own deck is to be looking the other way - have the specs hold their hands over the card to insure you cannot peek - but you must feel it to pick up the vibrations - see also "Sense of Touch" by Ian Rowland for some premises

My thought - with a borrowed deck - the owner of the deck should have created a special bond with the cards over time - and thus when they choose a card (or cards) you will be able to pick up that mystic connection....

Thans again, Alexandre!
"They are lean and athirst!!!!"
ALEXANDRE
View Profile
Inner circle
3024 Posts

Profile of ALEXANDRE
I agree Dr. and thanks for the nice words about Ex Nihilo!

I happen to like it a lot.

Maybe there will be some more ideas regarding bizarre presentations with this effect. I'll keep and eye out.
Anabelle
View Profile
Special user
951 Posts

Profile of Anabelle
Quote:
On 2006-08-07 19:31, Dr Spektor wrote:
My thought - with a borrowed deck - the owner of the deck should have created a special bond with the cards over time - and thus when they choose a card (or cards) you will be able to pick up that mystic connection....

I like that idea. I've been thinking about this and I think I'll have something to add here soon.

Anabelle
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Of Interest.... (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL