The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » In a flash (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

jolyonjenkins
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
1181 Posts

Profile of jolyonjenkins
Did this for my children and their friends. They were pretty impressed - but less impressed when I couldn't/wouldn't restore the holes. I think actually they were shocked at me apparently destroying a perfectly good pack of cards. Should I have had a spare intact pack ready to do a switch of some kind? (What I actually did was to move swiftly on to show them something else.)
Jolyon Jenkins
Ross W
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
1779 Posts

Profile of Ross W
SOUnds to me like a typical reaction when you perform for friends/family. It means they're very impressed, but they're not going to let you know it, so they come up with some way to belittle what you've done - i.e. "If you're so clever, put the holes back again!"

I wouldn't worry: In A Flash is a terrific trick!
Author.
Twitter: @rosswelford
www.rosswelford.com
evolve629
View Profile
Inner circle
A stack of
3838 Posts

Profile of evolve629
Ross's advice is right on - don't worry as In A Flash is very visual and shocking. I usu. don't let my spec to challenge me as I want to be in control of my show and ensure my show moves on timely for the rest of the audience.
One hundred percent of the shots you don't take don't go in - Wayne Gretzky
My favorite part is putting the gaffs in the spectators hands...it gives you that warm fuzzy feeling inside! - Bob Kohler
jolyonjenkins
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
1181 Posts

Profile of jolyonjenkins
Thanks, both. I Of course, when performing for family you're not usually doing a "show", so it's harder to control the situation and "move on".
Jolyon Jenkins
JSBLOOM
View Profile
Inner circle
2024 Posts

Profile of JSBLOOM
Crazy idea, have a bunch of holes in your pocket.
Joey Stalin
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
1072 Posts

Profile of Joey Stalin
I always say something like "Now I hope you realize what I just did for you." When they ask "What?" I say "I destroyed a perfectly good deck of cards just for your entertainment." or then get it sometimes.
-A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic.
-It is easier to fight for one's principles than to live up to them.
-The secret impresses no one. The trick you use it for is everything.

See you space cowboy...
Magicshore
View Profile
Regular user
182 Posts

Profile of Magicshore
JSBLOOM

I liked the idea of having a bunch of holes in my pocket...so I did and now all my tricks fall out. Now what do I do ?

John
joseph
View Profile
Eternal Order
Please ignore my
17411 Posts

Profile of joseph
On a related note, I wanted my sister to sign a card, and she asked me 3 times if I was sure I wanted to destroy a card..... Smile ..
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Einstein)...
meyegr
View Profile
Special user
Only able to muster
800 Posts

Profile of meyegr
I have come across this effect in some of my stuff and cannot find the instructions.

Was this a paper (most likely, and was it a certain color), booklet, DVD? I am trying to find and not much luck, so I thought if I knew what I was looking for it would help narrow it down. (I hate moving Smile )
MagiCanada
View Profile
Regular user
Vancouver
140 Posts

Profile of MagiCanada
Quote:
On 2006-09-11 14:59, meyegr wrote:
I have come across this effect in some of my stuff and cannot find the instructions.

Was this a paper (most likely, and was it a certain color), booklet, DVD? I am trying to find and not much luck, so I thought if I knew what I was looking for it would help narrow it down. (I hate moving Smile )

It's a DVD with a black/white picture of a deck of cards. It's got White and Yellow "Sankey Style" writing.

If you've moved - it could be ANYWHERE! Smile Good luck!

I hope you find the instructions 'cause it's an amazing effect!

Neil.
meyegr
View Profile
Special user
Only able to muster
800 Posts

Profile of meyegr
Thanks, now I can narrow the search
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » In a flash (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL