The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » Card to Bra? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

JSBLOOM
View Profile
Inner circle
2024 Posts

Profile of JSBLOOM
Has any one seen this been done?
Female specatator selects a card.
It is shown to audience.
magician asks them to name it?
Magician goes through deck and says he has forgotten to remove the joker.
Magician gives spectator cards and they deal face up...
There card is not there.
Magician asks where card is?
The say it is on the table.
The card on table is tuned over and it is the joker with the words "in a very safe place" writte on it.
Magician brings out two silks tied in a knot and tells female spectator to blow on knot and their card will appear.
You then make a bra appear and turn it around and inside is a card folded up.
It is their card.
Does this seem like a fun idea?
Will Eefting
View Profile
New user
Southwest Michigan
93 Posts

Profile of Will Eefting
Fun yes.
Sexy yes.
I would never do this though lol
A Trick? Well yes there are quite a few "tricks" I can do, but alas there are women and children present. Find me later.
Noel M
View Profile
Loyal user
San Rafael. CA
208 Posts

Profile of Noel M
Aside from questionable taste, the activity of tying the hanks then whipping them out, makes the effect less magical. The fact that you did a lot of "stuff" before you reveal diminishes the effect. They won't know what you did, but you had time to do something.
JSBLOOM
View Profile
Inner circle
2024 Posts

Profile of JSBLOOM
Obviously, the hankies are already tied and in plain view the entire time.
As far as questionable taste, that depends upon your audience.
In the past, I'd tell the spectator what would happen (bra production) and if they had any problems with it.
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Use the 20th Century silk principla with a card silk.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
Vandy Grift
View Profile
Inner circle
Milwaukee
3504 Posts

Profile of Vandy Grift
Kind of reminds me on Ron Jaxsons trick "Busted" LOL

http://www.magicjax.com/busted.pdf
"Get a life dude." -some guy in a magic forum
Magiguy
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
5474 Posts

Profile of Magiguy
Vandy,
I was just thinking the very same thing! Smile
Matt Malinas
View Profile
Inner circle
Transylvania
1367 Posts

Profile of Matt Malinas
LOL , that pic with Ron Jaxon sticking that card between that lady's
breasts is priceless!!! PRICELESS I tell you !!! Smile)

-Matt
The masters make the rules, for the wise men and the fools
Memory-Jah
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany
1438 Posts

Profile of Memory-Jah
Lol, that is crazy. is it supposed to be serious? I mean he even writes below not to do it yourself?
however this is really funny!
"Dropping your pants while you set off flash paper may allow your pass to go undetected, but it's still not invisible." - Count Elmsley
Noel M
View Profile
Loyal user
San Rafael. CA
208 Posts

Profile of Noel M
Al Goshman once worked in a longshoreman's diner and did a trick in which a selected card was found in the waitress' cleavage. He didn't personally load it.
Jaxon
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Mi.
2537 Posts

Profile of Jaxon
I performed this to the girl because my friend, her boyfriend, kind of dared me to. I know them well enough that even if they caught me I wouldn't get.....ahum... in trouble..Smile

When my friend showed me that he got a picture of me loading it I got the idea to put that E-book together. So I did do it in a casual setting but the E-book is mainly a joke. I wouldn't expect, or suggest anyone doing it.

Ron Jaxon

After regaining my ability to hear after 20 years of deafness. I learned that there is magic all around you. The simplest sounds that amazed me you probably ignore. Look and listen around you right now. You'll find something you didn't notice before.
gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4884 Posts

Profile of gdw
David Ben has an interesting anecdote about doing a card to bra once, after a woman said "make it appear in her (her friends, nice of her to voulenteer her Smile ) bra"
And he proceeded to do just that, aswell as have it return there.

It's in his book Tricks. Along with Hollingworths book, two of the greatest reads out there. I can sit back with either and just read cover to cover for fun.
"You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one."

I won't forget you Robert.
JSBLOOM
View Profile
Inner circle
2024 Posts

Profile of JSBLOOM
I guess if the card is folded with a paper clip on it, it could be done as a signed effect.
pip_magic
View Profile
New user
Sydney, Australia
29 Posts

Profile of pip_magic
Lol I like it alot, very nice e-book. Meh I'll try anything once.
Back in my naughty days I did a couple of card effects using clevage on complete strangers.
There are ways to do it nicely where you just use say a 2x lift (wink wink) change (basic stuff) and then place it in their top holding it in a way so that it isn't seen by anyone and also so the only thing close to "it" is the card and never your hand.
if you have been good at entertaining the crowd for a while and it is a younger style crowd they will think it is all just good fun so long as you show them it is only a safe place to put the card and not some perversion you have they won't mind at all including the participant, never once was anyone offended by me doing this you also need to know who to pick (and yes there are stories but not fit for this forum).
Just say somehting like "i will put it here so this time you will feel me change it for sure" as in I am puting it here because then there is no way I will change this card with out you feeling me do so. even get them to place their hand over it.
Meh I mean I pull a guy signed note out of another guys fly in my stand up show, not my own thing but works everytime. Don't worrie I'm hygenic, I use tongs Smile
Will Eefting
View Profile
New user
Southwest Michigan
93 Posts

Profile of Will Eefting
That picture in that PDF file is the funniest thing I've seen since Divorce Court was on about an hour ago.

Man that's priceless.
A Trick? Well yes there are quite a few "tricks" I can do, but alas there are women and children present. Find me later.
Alan Munro
View Profile
Inner circle
Kentwood, Michigan, USA
5952 Posts

Profile of Alan Munro
I used to do Card In The Can, using a smokeless tobacco can, which I instructed a lady to keep safe in her cleavage. When the signed selection ended up folded up in the can, the reaction was priceless!
meyegr
View Profile
Special user
Only able to muster
800 Posts

Profile of meyegr
I knew and saw a acquaintence that did the bra trick at a festival where there were quite a few bikers. Needless to say he chose one of the biker women and when he showed the bra between the hanks, she lifter her shirt and was braless. Left him quite speechless and he has NEVER done it again.
JustinVisible
View Profile
Elite user
South Jersey/Philadelphia Areas
453 Posts

Profile of JustinVisible
I do a cards across routine (recently found out it is similiar to Carney's and I knew it was my take on Las Vegas Leaper by P.Harris) where you psychologically get the woman at your table who is helping you to put the "counted" cards in her shirt......... From there, game over. I also am working in a Pub/Bar Restaurant where I can get away with this presentational style.......... Cheers, JPV
"If they laugh, it's funny..."
ToasterofDoom
View Profile
Special user
671 Posts

Profile of ToasterofDoom
Ha! That biker lady one-upped him!
meyegr
View Profile
Special user
Only able to muster
800 Posts

Profile of meyegr
Quote:
On 2006-08-23 21:57, ToasterofDoom wrote:
Ha! That biker lady one-upped him!

Actually she 2 upped him (and they were nice ups)
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » Card to Bra? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL