The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Paypal Fraud! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Scott Xavier
View Profile
Inner circle
3672 Posts

Profile of Scott Xavier
Well I have been taken 2 X for about $300 worth of e-books on paypal and my instant payment gateway. the culrprits use a stolen credit card and buy tons of books. I guess this is a cautionary tale and from now on I am asking for more info from sellers....
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24275 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
Scott:

There is something that you can do about this. First of all, report them to the credit card company that they used the card from. Also, report them to the police in the city where you shipped the goods. You may not have the right name, but you will have the right address.

If you sent the books through the mail, you can get the gummint in on it too. It then becomes mail fraud.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
Josh Zandman
View Profile
Special user
687 Posts

Profile of Josh Zandman
Happened to a friend of mine selling CD's online- sucks
gsidhe
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
1726 Posts

Profile of gsidhe
Not books...E-books. Computer files. He won't be able to track them.
Gwyd
Destiny
View Profile
Inner circle
1429 Posts

Profile of Destiny
Not sure how difficult this is but a lot of sites now record the individual numerical address of the computer you are using on the net - I imagine this way we can be tracked down through our provider - maybe you could look into doing that - best of luck
Matt Malinas
View Profile
Inner circle
Transylvania
1353 Posts

Profile of Matt Malinas
Scott, a friend of mine had the same problem selling ebooks.
there is not much you can do.the IP can be traced but it can be as easily spoofed by the buyer.if the buyer doesn't spoof his/her IP there is a very good chance that he will get caught.
don't hesitate to report any activities of the sort

-Matt
The masters make the rules, for the wise men and the fools
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Paypal Fraud! (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL