The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Stoogecraft (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
Mariagi
View Profile
Special user
MIND, MYTH & MAGICK
654 Posts

Profile of Mariagi
Bad mentalists or bad choice of stooges ?? where the stooges paid and were them professional actors or "just friends" ??
DJM
View Profile
Inner circle
Israel
1681 Posts

Profile of DJM
The mentalists were pretty good, it was just a matter of the guests not being able to keep their mouths shut.. They were not actual stooges, but there was a lot of pre-show involved and some of them told the media about it.

Just saying that there's always some risk about using stooges/pre-show, as not everyone likes to keep secrets.
Mariagi
View Profile
Special user
MIND, MYTH & MAGICK
654 Posts

Profile of Mariagi
Djm

I agree hence my questions about who the stooges were ??

Mr.David Berglas has used pre-show and stooges (paid stooges) that have probably never let the cat out of the bag for more than two decades
DJM
View Profile
Inner circle
Israel
1681 Posts

Profile of DJM
The guests were all celebrities, and the mentalists always kept saying that they'd never met before. Which of course turned out to be not true..

But even if you use someone who is very close to you, what happens if that person has a fight with you or something? He can't be so trusted anymore..

Like they say, three people can keep a secret if two of them are dead.
Mariagi
View Profile
Special user
MIND, MYTH & MAGICK
654 Posts

Profile of Mariagi
No, if they are bound to pay high sums before a court if they reveal their partnership with you or if people like Berglas taught how to choose stooges to these mentalists.... if you follow Criss Angel route then you are bound to have people speaking behind your shoulders but it has not to be necessarily so: also if they talk after a few years and you are done with those effects out of your repertoire you have no real problem
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcosa
10599 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
Its still in the works (i.e. a pile of notes and chaos)... this would be more a theory book with some effects to illustrate principles as opposed to a book of effects... I'd rather people get an idea of what it takes to have a proper set up for stooges and secret assistants....
"They are lean and athirst!!!!"
Lord Of The Horses
View Profile
Inner circle
5410 Posts

Profile of Lord Of The Horses
Thanks for mentioning my CON-FEDERACY e-book.

By the way, Dr.Spektor should really speed up with his STOOGECRAFT. Otherwise my CON-FEDERACY TOO (the second booklet) will be out sooner than his masterpiece.
Then you'll rise right before my eyes, on wings that fill the sky, like a phoenix rising!
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcosa
10599 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
Welcome back Paolo!

Don't worry - go ahead and publish Smile - I'm on the 10 year plan with that one Smile

I'm already swamped with a bunch of collaberations already...

But I'll be ready to buy CFII!!!
"They are lean and athirst!!!!"
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Stoogecraft (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL