The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic...at a moment's notice! » » Durable Cigarettes for Practicing and performing... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

KillerQ
View Profile
New user
20 Posts

Profile of KillerQ
Hey all,

I have found something that works wonderfully for practicing cigg magic, as well as performing. They are "quit smoking" cigarettes that look exactly like a real cigg, but there's no tobacco, it's one big filter. That means it's durable and will last for months! It will get too dirty to perform with way before it even bends or breaks....

You can get them at any major place that sells a large variety of ciggs. Let me know what you guys think....

Thanks,

Matt
CasualSoul
View Profile
Special user
Edmonton, Canada
541 Posts

Profile of CasualSoul
Great idea, my mom just bought some as she's trying to quit...again. Smile Thanks!
"Open their mind by performing the impossible"
KillerQ
View Profile
New user
20 Posts

Profile of KillerQ
Casual,

No problem -- Enjoy! I remember before I discovered these, I would wrap clear tape around regular ciggs to increase durability -- that works too!

Glad I could help,

Matt!
Michael J. Douglas
View Profile
Inner circle
WV, USA
1649 Posts

Profile of Michael J. Douglas
I picked up a pack of these some time ago. Another good thing is they're minty fresh!
You can also use "puffer" cigarettes. They're those joke store cigarettes where you blow in the end and a puff of powder comes out the other end that resembles smoke.
Michael J.
�Believe then, if you please, that I can do strange things.� --from Shakespeare�s �As You Like It�
Alan Munro
View Profile
Inner circle
Kentwood, Michigan, USA
5700 Posts

Profile of Alan Munro
Try some white heat shrink tubing. John Cornelius mentions it in a set of his lecture notes, for cig manipulation.
Matt Malinas
View Profile
Inner circle
Romania
1342 Posts

Profile of Matt Malinas
If you still prefer using regular cigs and want them to be more durable then you should roll them yourself.
double or even triple roll them.what I mean by this is use more cig papers for one cigarette. that will make them more durable and this is also recommended when you practice different lit cigarette eating material.

-Matt
Your One Stop Booze Abusing Comedy Magic Show!
laurent
View Profile
New user
77 Posts

Profile of laurent
You can also saw a black lead pencil with white adhesive glued.
airship
View Profile
Inner circle
In my day, I have driven
1594 Posts

Profile of airship
If you're serious and want to use what the pros use, you can drop $20 for a durable, realistic wooden cigarette, hand-crafted by John Rogers over at http://woodencigars.com/
'The central secret of conjuring is a manipulation of interest.' - Henry Hay
Matt Malinas
View Profile
Inner circle
Romania
1342 Posts

Profile of Matt Malinas
That sounds great airship but when it comes to tongueing then you have a problem

-Matt
Alan Munro
View Profile
Inner circle
Kentwood, Michigan, USA
5700 Posts

Profile of Alan Munro
Quote:
On 2006-09-12 08:16, Matt Malinas wrote:
That sounds great airship but when it comes to tongueing then you have a problem

-Matt

The cigs come in different lengths, both lit and unlit models.
Matt Malinas
View Profile
Inner circle
Romania
1342 Posts

Profile of Matt Malinas
I understand Alan , but the cigs beeing made out of wood doesn't it make it difficult for them to stick to your tongue when practicing tongueing?

-Matt
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic...at a moment's notice! » » Durable Cigarettes for Practicing and performing... (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.53 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL