The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Care of canes (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Rob Pond
View Profile
Regular user
Scott, OH
156 Posts

Profile of Rob Pond
I just got the metal appearing canes for hocus-pocus. They didn't come with any instructions on maintenance. It says it doesn't need to be oiled on the website, but I was wondering if anything else is needed to keep it working?

http://www.hocus-pocus.com/magicshop/?hn=1

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
Rob Pond
Stanyon
View Profile
Inner circle
Landrum, S.C. by way of Chicago
3390 Posts

Profile of Stanyon
Exercise cane(s) regularly, store the cane(s) extended (open).

Cheers! Smile
Stanyon

aka Steve Taylor

"Every move a move!"

"If you've enjoyed my performance half as much as I've enjoyed performing for you, then you've enjoyed it twice as much as me!"
EvanMagic
View Profile
Elite user
Winnipeg, MB
471 Posts

Profile of EvanMagic
Pond Wizard,

When they were offered through hocus-pocus, I purchased a Mahka Tendo appearing cane (also made of metal). I realized with the paint on the cane, I was able to use car wax; the scratch-resistant formula to clean the cane. I clean it very regularly but it is not needed, 1 wax per 5 uses is plenty... but I am a perfectionist when it comes to maintaining this cane.

Make sure if you decide to use the wax, to place a small amount on a napkin and let the weight of the cane glide through the formula and pick it up. Twist the cane as your pushing it through the wax. Let it sit for around a minute, and lightly remove with a kleenex. Vigorously rubbing could cause some paint to come off.

I am not sure what brand this cane is, and if the paint job is good enough to withstand car wax, but please be careful!

Should you have any further questions, do not hesitate to PM me.

Best of luck!

Evan
Rob Pond
View Profile
Regular user
Scott, OH
156 Posts

Profile of Rob Pond
Thanks for the help. If my cane's paint isn't good enough for car wax, what else can I use?
Rob Pond
Stanyon
View Profile
Inner circle
3390 Posts

Profile of Stanyon
Google "Ballistol"! I have used this as a lubricant for years. You guys that are shooters will know what I'm talking about.

FWIW

Cheers! Smile
Stanyon

aka Steve Taylor

"Every move a move!"

"If you've enjoyed my performance half as much as I've enjoyed performing for you, then you've enjoyed it twice as much as me!"
jacoblucas
View Profile
Regular user
132 Posts

Profile of jacoblucas
I suggest you buy silver appearing cane and put always in open condition.
newsmaya
View Profile
New user
48 Posts

Profile of newsmaya
I suggest you look where I know the best, where you will get instruction sheet and other technical information because he is a manufacturer contact http://appearingcane.tripod.com
NEWSMAYA
MAGIC MAGAZINE FROM INDIA

newsmaya@yahoo.com
simchamagic
View Profile
Regular user
190 Posts

Profile of simchamagic
Hi,

Why do the canes have to be stored in open condition? I have a few silver appearing canes that are in closed condition for years and they still seem to open just fine and regularly?
What does the closed condition add?
Stanyon
View Profile
Inner circle
3390 Posts

Profile of Stanyon
Metals, even spring steel, will develop a memory over time. If stored in the open position the cane, appearing (and plastic candles), will extend more fully than when taught to be compacted. The reverse is true for vanishing canes and candles.

FWIW

Cheers! Smile
Stanyon

aka Steve Taylor

"Every move a move!"

donrodrigo
View Profile
Special user
U.S.A. and Europe
635 Posts

Profile of donrodrigo
Stanyon is right,my German cane is stored opened and I use good o'l wd40 as a lube
Kipee
View Profile
Regular user
UK
156 Posts

Profile of Kipee
Thanks for the info on these, I have a few myself.

Unfortunately, 2 of my vanishing canes (fantasio) "caps" have gone missing?? Does anyone know where I could buy or procure a replacement??

Please PM me if you do...!

Thank! Smile
Stanyon
View Profile
Inner circle
3390 Posts

Profile of Stanyon
Fantasio?

Cheers! Smile
Stanyon

aka Steve Taylor

"Every move a move!"

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Care of canes (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.24 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL