The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Secret Warehouse (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
The Curator
View Profile
V.I.P.
Beware Vampire, I have
3816 Posts

Profile of The Curator
If an image has influence my way to do bizarre magic, it's the last one in the first opus of Indiana Jones: The Governement Secret Warehouse where the Ark of Covenant will be hidden. But what's in the other crates ?

The blueprints of a working Time Machine by H.G.Wells, Martian war machines, the Nautilus, the skull of a T-Rex with a huge bullet hole, the diaries of Marylin Monroe – on the last page (dated 4th of August 1962) she wrote: “Tonight I’ll try Chanel 6", the Necronomicon and some kind of black and gold Rubik’s Cube, the contract between David Copperfield and Claudia Schiffer, a gold ring (some weird inscriptions appear when heated), A large stone tablet, reconstructed from pieces, with writing on it. ( It is Hebrew and has Commandments 11 through 17), Jimmy Hoffa, a small bottle inscribed “Drink me”, a black lunar monolith, a bottle filled with some ki!nd of remedy by Dr Griffin, a map to Midian, a purse containing 2 oboles from Orpheus, one glass slipper, a full collection of Magic Books from Prospero’s Island – one of them is “Nixon’s Magic Manuscript”, one cyanide laden apple with a bite taken out of it, several beans with amazing growth potential, 90 yards of golden blonde hair, 3 pieces of violet Crystal – one of them resonate with the tune of a flute, bacon from Circe’s Island, a hunting bow with the crest of Count Zaroff, the other glove of Michael Jackson, a pizza with traces of turtle teeth in it, a huge magazine of Celesteville with a pamphlet against rhinoceros, a gigantic tooth from Skull Island, a hollow Kryptonic meteorite with a cradle inside, a de Lorean with a note: “don’t drive faster than 88 mph”, Robbie the Robot, very old boat nails from Mount Ararat, a sample of Hitchikers’Guide to the Galaxy dedicated by Obi Wan Kenobi to Anakin Skywalker, a golden apple with an inscription “to the fairest of them all”, various batmobiles, pieces from a red Plymouth Fury 1958, the fossil of a dodo with a watermelon, a golem from Prague (the letter aleph has been erased), a box containing a cat that’s at the same time alive and dead with a vial of poison, Amelia Earhart's flight jacket, a box full of scrolls - written in Aramaic. Box says "Gnostic revised.", a four person yellow submarine, a basket containing : a cake, a little pot of butter and a 357 magnum with silver bullets …
Bill Ligon
View Profile
Inner circle
A sure sign of a misspent youth:
6437 Posts

Profile of Bill Ligon
Oh, how I would love to get into that warehouse! Curator, your thinking never ceases to amaze me! That is the stuff of dreams.

Naljorpa
Author of THE HOLY ART: Bizarre Magick From Naljorpa's Cave. NOW IN HARDCOVER! VIEW: <BR>www.lulu.com/content/1399405 ORDER: http://stores.lulu.com/naljorpa
<BR>A TASSEL ON THE LUNATIC FRINGE
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcosa
10579 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
... I've always wanted a Batcave and/or Fortress of Solitude.... as well as a Night gallery (seriously) - hence why my own home office is overflowing with magic books and paraphenalia Smile to my wife's chagrin
"They are lean and athirst!!!!"
gsidhe
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
1726 Posts

Profile of gsidhe
I came accross this a while back, and the Curator's post reminded me of it.
It's a fun read and a good "Warehouse" for ideas.
http://www.bahneman.com/liem/x-files/warehouse.html
Gwyd
The Curator
View Profile
V.I.P.
Beware Vampire, I have
3816 Posts

Profile of The Curator
Funny, some similar ideas (but that's logical).
gsidhe
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
1726 Posts

Profile of gsidhe
Honestly, I like your version better. The writing is more coherent.
Gwyd
The Curator
View Profile
V.I.P.
Beware Vampire, I have
3816 Posts

Profile of The Curator
I like this personal idea of a gigantic crocodile and a small display with some remains found in his stomach: a hook and an alarm clock.
Or a pack of seven small size condoms.
Bill Ligon
View Profile
Inner circle
6437 Posts

Profile of Bill Ligon
Quote:
On 2006-08-10 11:21, The Curator wrote:
I like this personal idea of a gigantic crocodile and a small display with some remains found in his stomach: a hook and an alarm clock.
Or a pack of seven small size condoms.

LOL! I can't stand much more!
Author of THE HOLY ART: Bizarre Magick From Naljorpa's Cave. NOW IN HARDCOVER! VIEW: <BR>www.lulu.com/content/1399405 ORDER: http://stores.lulu.com/naljorpa
Scott Xavier
View Profile
Inner circle
3672 Posts

Profile of Scott Xavier
My buddy ben and I built a secret room in his basement. Behind a book shelf no less. It operated on hinges and could only be activated by remote keyless entry. Some of us never grow up.
airship
View Profile
Inner circle
In my day, I have driven
1594 Posts

Profile of airship
You want 'Warehouse 23', a roleplaying game resource book from Steve Jackson games, available here:

http://www.sjgames.com/gurps/books/warehouse23/

It talks about dozens of very strange items in the warehouse, including the Ark, the Grail, the Crystal Skull, and many more.

There's also an online server that will present a new weird item every time you click the 'Open Another Box' link:

http://www.warehouse23.com/basement/box/
'The central secret of conjuring is a manipulation of interest.' - Henry Hay
Frankie
View Profile
New user
The Netherlands
56 Posts

Profile of Frankie
You should also watch the movie The Librarian... The 'library' might not be a secret government warehouse, but it's the next best thing. It contains the Ark of the Covenant, Pandora's Box, the Golden Goose, a fragment of the Spear of Destiny, and many other treasures. Smile
“Magic is the only honest profession. A magician promises to deceive you and he does.”
egregor
View Profile
Veteran user
The other side of the veil.
340 Posts

Profile of egregor
I wish I could do a 3D rendered walkthrough of the warehouse with hotspots to open each box. But it's been 3 years since I've touched Lightwave. Probably only the people reading this post would truely get a kick out of it.

Sorry, I'll get back to the basement with the candlebra.
My mom says I'm reprehensible, I think I'm perfectly hensible.
magus
View Profile
Special user
Huntington Beach, Ca
668 Posts

Profile of magus
The warehouse you described sounded familiar, I thought that I had been there before and seen these exhibits-
But Then I hit "red Plymouth Fury 1958"
'58? Nah totally different place from the one I was at.
Pat
crappy deium-

what a lousy day to be seized

thaumometer-

a device for measuring a magical field
The Curator
View Profile
V.I.P.
Beware Vampire, I have
3816 Posts

Profile of The Curator
In the Vatican's Vaults: a terrestrial globe dating the XIIIth century, a 2000 years old mummy officially identified as Iesu the Nazorean, a she angel in a cage...
SamOne
View Profile
Regular user
160 Posts

Profile of SamOne
"Iesu the Nazorean"

this name remember me of someone but who ?
The Curator
View Profile
V.I.P.
Beware Vampire, I have
3816 Posts

Profile of The Curator
I'll give you a clue:
Iesu the Nazorean - tasty falafels, fresh fish and bread ...
SamOne
View Profile
Regular user
160 Posts

Profile of SamOne
Sounds like someone who used to work in a kebab store Smile
Bill Ligon
View Profile
Inner circle
6437 Posts

Profile of Bill Ligon
Quote:
On 2006-08-11 02:09, The Curator wrote:
In the Vatican's Vaults: a terrestrial globe dating the XIIIth century, a 2000 years old mummy officially identified as Iesu the Nazorean, a she angel in a cage...

Oh, delicious! Wouldn't that second one throw a monkey wrench into the works of the DaVinci Code folks? Not to mention a bunch of other people with large organizations, such as the Vatican itself!

Curator, your imagination is awsome!

Naljorpa
Merlin C
View Profile
Loyal user
237 Posts

Profile of Merlin C
Quote:
On 2006-08-10 17:37, airship wrote:
You want 'Warehouse 23', a roleplaying game resource book from Steve Jackson games, available here:
Ken Hite, who writes for the same people, is a legitimately excellent writer about this kind of weirdness.
Quote:
On 2006-08-11 08:27, The Curator wrote:
Iesu the Nazorean
I believe his undecayed body (see James Anthony Froude's essay 'The Phil......ianity') is held in the vaults of the Vatican.
Bill Ligon
View Profile
Inner circle
6437 Posts

Profile of Bill Ligon
"I believe his undecayed body (see James Anthony Froude's essay 'The Philosophy of Christianity') is held in the vaults of the Vatican."

Hmm, that's a new one to me. Interesting suggestion.

Naljorpa
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Secret Warehouse (3 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.37 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL