The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Secret Warehouse (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
Doriangray
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of Doriangray
Quote:
On 2007-11-21 12:36, Bill Ligon wrote:
What a great thread this is!

A true big warehouse this thread!
Ben Stiler's "Day at the secret warehouse" (" Night At The Museum 2").
sparks
View Profile
New user
Charlottesville, Virginia
89 Posts

Profile of sparks
The proof to the Riemann Hypothesis.
A Sasquatch (or Yeti) skeleton.
The confessions of JFK’s true assassins.

But most importantly… a hand-written document signed by Franco Harris answering once and for all the mystery of the immaculate reception.
Sparks

It's kind of fun to do the impossible - Walt Disney
Doriangray
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of Doriangray
What about a theme park: Let's say "Spyland"!

http://www.spyland-international.com/en/spyland_en.htm

"To discover the secret history of History."
acesover
View Profile
Special user
I believe I have
817 Posts

Profile of acesover
A body wrapped in funeral garb with an obviously broken neck and a bag with 30 peices of silver.
If I were to agree with you. Then we would both be wrong. As of Apr 5, 2015 10:26 pm I have 880 posts. Used to have over 1,000
Jeb Sherrill
View Profile
Inner circle
Elsewhere
1161 Posts

Profile of Jeb Sherrill
The old janitor pushes wisps of dust down narrow aisles made by crates of every size and shape. Odd coffins, each containing dormant secrets, covered by layers of antiquity upon antiquity. Age upon age. They are like a thousand beating hearts, throbbing softly in the quiet darkness. Breathing, heaving in their hibernating sleep like so many ancient beasts in winter. They are the past possessions of kings and paupers. Wizards and demons. Angels and gods.

He dares not touch the splintered wood or dip his hand into the dark gaps between the slats. He knows all too well what teeth that darkness hides. But this night seems different. The silence of the warehouse speaks to him with the murmurs of Trojan horses and long-caged souls.

One crate sticks out more than the rest. Perhaps it is a recent requisition, or a careless shift made during the day. He fears the crate may have edged out on its own, or that the others may have pushed it forward.

The nails are loose. The slats have all but pried themselves open and before he realizes what he’s done, the lid is off, the wiry stuffing hanging over the sides like the entrails of a gutted animal. He pulls a tiny phial from the center of the padding, eyeing its silvery content with wonder and fear. “Somnium”, it reads. A dream? But what dream does it contain?

Even as he thinks the word, the cork is pulled, the cryptic odor tugging at his mouth. A tilt of his head, a tip of the phial and a single drop trickles to his core. The darkness is darker, the silence softer and the concrete floor a feather bed. He drifts off, sinking deeper into sleep. He dreams of dust and age. The air is thick and silent and he pushes a broom through narrow aisles of a quiet warehouse…
I don't believe in reincarnation, but I may have in another life.
Bizarrist
View Profile
Loyal user
The Man of Mystery
236 Posts

Profile of Bizarrist
...He looks down upon the pile on the floor and noticed a card face down in the dust. He picks up the card and wonders where it may have come from. As he turns the card over and looks for a dim bit of light to his surprise he finds it an Ace of Spades, the Death Card. The antique design on the card is nothing he has seen before. As he blows the dust off of it and holds up to the light he suddenly jumps back into the shadows and drops the card in disbelief at what he has found. Trembling he moves his hands back toward the dimly casting beam of light to find fresh blood upon his finger tips. He rubs his fingers together as he leans upon the broom handle, clutching it as if trying to steady himself. He quickly turns as he hears something behind him in the darkness of the warehouse...
The Most Beautiful Experience We Can Have is the Mysterious.
acesover
View Profile
Special user
I believe I have
817 Posts

Profile of acesover
While sweeping he wonders why was this warehouse built here, why this spot so remote so isolated?

Moving some crates in a remote part of the warehouse that have not been moved in many many years he notices a door, it has no lock but there is a very forboding sign on the door in large red letters "Do not enter". The door is not very formidable looking, just a large old wooden door with a simple latch. He muses, if that is not an invitation, it might as well say "open me now".

He moves toward the door puts his ear to it and hears the deafening sound of silence. This must be some sort of joke. He reaches out, puts his hand on the latch and pushes it down. It moves easily, invitingly as if well oiled. Oh so easy.

He pushes the door in, but realizes that it opens outward. The thought runs through his mind that all fire exit doors exit outward to escape when in a panic. Just a silly thought. He slowly pulls the door open. Only to see an entracne to what appears to be a cave of some sort with an inscription over it...has to get closer to read it, while written in rather large letters they seem to make no sense. Moving closer in order to read the inscription he now reads it "Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate"
If I were to agree with you. Then we would both be wrong. As of Apr 5, 2015 10:26 pm I have 880 posts. Used to have over 1,000
The Curator
View Profile
V.I.P.
Beware Vampire, I have
3800 Posts

Profile of The Curator
Speaking about Secret Warehouse, let's go back to the classics...
http://movies.yahoo.com/feature/indianaj......wVideo=1
magus
View Profile
Special user
Huntington Beach, Ca
668 Posts

Profile of magus
There used to be a website (I tried looking for it- but no go) called the warehouse or the secret warehouse, and you pushed a button and it described one of the exhibits.
The list was seemingly endless, and you could add your own exhibits to it. Many of them the same flavor as the ones described here, although obscurity had it's own clique.
It's been several years since I've had the link (computers and favorite lists come and go...)
If it's still around, and you should find it, have fun and let me know.
crappy deium-

what a lousy day to be seized

thaumometer-

a device for measuring a magical field
Mark Rough
View Profile
Inner circle
Ivy, Virginia
2110 Posts

Profile of Mark Rough
I think this is what you're thinking of, Pat:

http://www.goodmagic.com/links/warehs/index.htm

It's part of Ross MacRae's site. He's a member here.
What would Wavy do?
Bill Ligon
View Profile
Inner circle
A sure sign of a misspent youth:
6437 Posts

Profile of Bill Ligon
All I see are a list of exhibits. Is there any way ro get inside?

Bill
Author of THE HOLY ART: Bizarre Magick From Naljorpa's Cave. NOW IN HARDCOVER! VIEW: <BR>www.lulu.com/content/1399405 ORDER: http://stores.lulu.com/naljorpa
<BR>A TASSEL ON THE LUNATIC FRINGE
Mark Rough
View Profile
Inner circle
Ivy, Virginia
2110 Posts

Profile of Mark Rough
Actually no, but now that you mention it, I think there's another version of this around where you can. I'll do some looking around. I should have it saved somewhere. . . cross your fingers.
What would Wavy do?
Mark Rough
View Profile
Inner circle
Ivy, Virginia
2110 Posts

Profile of Mark Rough
Well, there's this one:

http://www.warehouse23.com/basement/

But I don't think that's the good one either.
What would Wavy do?
magus
View Profile
Special user
Huntington Beach, Ca
668 Posts

Profile of magus
Bingo Mark,
warehouse 23- that's the one.
You have to hit the button a lot to find some of the good ones. And I think you would have trouble hitting as many good ones as the Curator posted, but that is definitely the site I remember.
crappy deium-

thaumometer-

illusioneer
View Profile
Special user
Ohio
714 Posts

Profile of illusioneer
I've been searching for an hour. No proton packs or flux capacitors??

Bummer
Things are about to change........ LIGHTS!!!
magus
View Profile
Special user
Huntington Beach, Ca
668 Posts

Profile of magus
Jeb Sherrill, Bizarrist, Aces Over, nice story "clips", now who will drop in a paragraph continuing the story... How long can it go, where will it end? The unspoken questions seemed to echo down the corridors, unheeded as the the janitor swept, small drops of blood staining the handle of the broom...
crappy deium-

thaumometer-

The Curator
View Profile
V.I.P.
Beware Vampire, I have
3800 Posts

Profile of The Curator
I almost forgot an alethiometer, a very sharp knife and an amber spyglass.
A feline smile without a cat, a hat with an inscription: in this style 10/6 and some empty tea cups, a snark, empty oyster shells, broken fragments of a huge egg, a lot of very mimsy borogoves...
The remains of a Jabberwocky and a very rotten and awfully smelling potato.
A largely annoted version of Holy Blood Holy Grail with the name of the authors erased and replaced by Dan Brown...
Silvert0ne
View Profile
Regular user
117 Posts

Profile of Silvert0ne
A shot glass that smells like gunpowder.

The breifcase from Pulp Fiction.

A grue.
Mark Rough
View Profile
Inner circle
Ivy, Virginia
2110 Posts

Profile of Mark Rough
Quote:
On 2008-05-14 14:07, The Curator wrote:
A largely annoted version of Holy Blood Holy Grail with the name of the authors erased and replaced by Dan Brown...

BWA HA HA HA HA HA
What would Wavy do?
BillyTheSquid
View Profile
Veteran user
My bamboo hut's supported on
331 Posts

Profile of BillyTheSquid
Quote:
On 2008-05-14 14:07, The Curator wrote:

ROTFLMAO! Smile Smile Smile Love it Curator!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Secret Warehouse (3 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL