The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Secret Warehouse (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6
airship
View Profile
Inner circle
In my day, I have driven
1594 Posts

Profile of airship
Raiders of the Lost Ark, with its famous warehouse, came out in 1981. As far as I know, that's the earliest origin of the concept. Steve Jackson Games' GURPS: Warehouse 23 gamebook came out in 1997. I suspect that's where the new TV show got its title.
'The central secret of conjuring is a manipulation of interest.' - Henry Hay
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2551 Posts

Profile of critter
It seems to me to be a logical extension of old time filing systems where you'd have basements full of file cabinets that can't nobody remeber what all is in there.
Many museums keep things stored in basement vaults too. There's a special section under the MAC like this.
Also reminiscent of the section of Miskatonic where they keep the Necronomicon.
Just remember to say "Klatuu Verata Nickle."
"The fool is one who doesn't know what you have just found out."
~Will Rogers
barneyfife
View Profile
Veteran user
325 Posts

Profile of barneyfife
Don't forget "Friday the 13th the series"

It also was a "collection" that two individuals went out to bring back to store safely

Barney
Always in motion is the future
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2551 Posts

Profile of critter
John Wayne's "swagger."
James Dean's "cool."

A gallon jug of "that certain je ne sais quoi."
~Will Rogers
handa
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburgh, PA
1346 Posts

Profile of handa
Quote:
On 2009-07-14 16:55, critter wrote:
It seems to me to be a logical extension of old time filing systems where you'd have basements full of file cabinets that can't nobody remeber what all is in there.
Many museums keep things stored in basement vaults too. There's a special section under the MAC like this.
Also reminiscent of the section of Miskatonic where they keep the Necronomicon.
Just remember to say "Klatuu Verata Nickle."

Because if you say the three words any other way, you have to pay George Lucas a dollar!

Chris
Brane
View Profile
Loyal user
Virginia, USA
272 Posts

Profile of Brane
According to my old stand up routine, there was a Three Stooges version of The Day the Earth Stood Still. Curly - or one of them - gets the words wrong. He turns to the menacing Gort and says "Kla'atu Nicto . . . Enema!" From there the story takes a very different turn . . .
brane
rusty151
View Profile
New user
West Palm Beach
18 Posts

Profile of rusty151
The missing lion's share. White gold ring with Note saying touch me not. M. Jacksons Missing glove. Peg Entwisted name, filed under H, in the index catalog. Two perfectly formed heals dripping river water. Girdle of Hippolyta with a few golden apples lying close by. Pile of feather held together with wax. A rather small building, in a large box, which looked as if someone had just left. A sexy skeleton singing “happy birthday” , but was sorry about the gift.

Rusty
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2551 Posts

Profile of critter
I came across the pilot episode of "Warehouse 13" a few days ago and decided to check it out after reading what was written here. I am now hooked.
That means you are all enablers.
~Will Rogers
rickmagic1
View Profile
Inner circle
MIddle Tennessee area
1529 Posts

Profile of rickmagic1
Just caught up on the episodes of "Warehouse 13" that I'd DVR'd; most recent one had people who were suddenly giving in to their deepest inhibitions. One of the items brought into the agents' search was, of all things, Dunninger's pocket watch!!

I don't watch much TV anymore, but I'm hooked on this one. Got several ideas myself, all inspired by this show.

Rick
Richard Green
The Modern Conjurer
Host of the Haunted Magic show at House of Cards Nashville!
barneyfife
View Profile
Veteran user
325 Posts

Profile of barneyfife
I watched the episode called "Resonance". It mentions someone living in Fultondale Alabama. I knew strange music had been playing next door and I had a feeling of being loved but.........

Where am I ? What am I doing here? Who are you?

Who am I?
Always in motion is the future
The Curator
View Profile
V.I.P.
Beware Vampire, I have
3800 Posts

Profile of The Curator
I just watch the entire first season. The Warehouse looks like my home Smile
List of artifacts http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Artifacts_a......house_13
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2551 Posts

Profile of critter
I wonder when season 2 will start?
~Will Rogers
The Curator
View Profile
V.I.P.
Beware Vampire, I have
3800 Posts

Profile of The Curator
A pencil sketch by Basil Hallward, that seems more and more corrupt every day; a strange Monkey's paw - you wish you know what to do with; ...
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Secret Warehouse (3 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL