We Remember The Magic Caf We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index Penny for your thoughts King of the Billets-DVD (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
aawb122pm
View Profile
Loyal user
211 Posts

Profile of aawb122pm
Does anyone have King of the Billets yet ?
Also is allen Zings DVD's out yet ?
David Numen
View Profile
Inner circle
1983 Posts

Profile of David Numen
I read elsewhere that the King of the Billets DVDs started shipping on Friday with another batch shipping on Tuesday.

No information regarding the Zingg series.
Sir T
View Profile
Special user
535 Posts

Profile of Sir T
I order a set and cann't wait, as my billet work sucks big time! I am currently trying to come up with the cash for allen's dvds. I managed to get hold of the Annemann act from a sale in the Caf, and I really liked that set,so the king of billets, should be on par with that!!
Phil C
View Profile
Special user
Ontario, Canada
903 Posts

Profile of Phil C
I would love to hear reviews of any of the 2.
How much are the Allen DVDs?
chichi711
View Profile
Inner circle
5810 Posts

Profile of chichi711
Where are the King of BIllets DVD's sold?
Maddened
View Profile
Loyal user
222 Posts

Profile of Maddened
Chichi > http://www.mental-list.com/kotb/

PS. Love your signature... Smile
CinChiller
View Profile
Elite user
Germany
404 Posts

Profile of CinChiller
I ordered it too and im also looking forward to it.
In the mail I recieved yesterday from stuart, he wrote that the dvds are sold out meanwhile.
The Gaff Book Collection - the right tool for your booktest.
Music for mentalism and psychic entertainment.
Visit: http://stores.lulu.com/dankworth01
aawb122pm
View Profile
Loyal user
211 Posts

Profile of aawb122pm
Has anyone received them yet ?
ScottLeavitt
View Profile
Special user
730 Posts

Profile of ScottLeavitt
Just received today...haven't viewed yet
Phil C
View Profile
Special user
Ontario, Canada
903 Posts

Profile of Phil C
I look forward to a review
johne
View Profile
Special user
960 Posts

Profile of johne
A review is posted in the "inner thoughts" section today.

J
splice
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
1261 Posts

Profile of splice
Quote:
On 2006-08-17 13:02, johne wrote:
A review is posted in the "inner thoughts" section today.

Why "Inner Thoughts"? It's a product review, so I would hope it would go in the reviews section. I would very much like to read about it, and I just don't have the drive to post meaningless replies until I get to the required number of posts to be let in the club... Smile
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13151 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
Inner Thoughts because it describes parts of the technique taught.
It is in the correct place, but if you are interested, the reviews are being written by fib. Contact him privately, he might be able to tell you what you want to know.

Tony
splice
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
1261 Posts

Profile of splice
Thanks, Tony. I'm probably holding off for the Zingg DVDs anyway, and I couldn't really justify buying two sets about billets in such a short time.

Of course, justifying and doing are two different things...
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13151 Posts

Splice:

From what I've read here, Stewart's DVDs are sold out.

Tony
Bill Cushman
View Profile
Inner circle
Florida
2855 Posts

Profile of Bill Cushman
Splice,

No reason to hold off ordering the Zingg DVDs; he is taking orders and shipping next week.

Good Thoughts,

Bill
brooklyn
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of brooklyn
Can anyone explain how to access the review of "King of the Billets" DVD set on the "Inner Thoughts" section?

Many thanks,

George Koury
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13151 Posts

George:

Once you have 50 posts, you will be given access to that area.

Tony
brooklyn
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of brooklyn
Thank you Tony! I appreciate your response. I'd better learn to type...

All the best,

George
Sir T
View Profile
Special user
535 Posts

Profile of Sir T
Here is my review of disk one;

King of Billets:
Practitioner of many Master of None
Disk One:

Introduction: A short intro about what you can expect on these DVDs

Preparation : For those that have the Anneman DVDs, I think you will agree, Stuart spends more time on that set explaining, just how to find the proper length for the billet. The information is there, on the KOB DVD, just on the Anneman you had a Visual. Considering the amount of importance Stuart places on getting the proper length, I preferred the explanation from his first DVDs.

Stuart does give a lot of close ups, so you can see exactly, how the billets are folded, how they fit and look when held. The reasons he gives for the type of paper he uses, is sound, solid information.

Palming the billet is giving a passing mention, for something that so much importance is placed. Again, I feel it was better covered in the Anneman DVD

The Switch: My only complaint is, I wish he would have used contrasting paper, so one could better see, what is taking place. This is a minor complaint, as Stuart really spends a lot of time on how to perform the Switch, giving you top, side, and back angals.

Overall the information is presented in a clear manner, with little fan fare and anyone who spends a bit of time with the switch.

Timing and misdirection: A rather detailed monolog on timing and misdirection, not very long, but the advice is good, as I have habit of doing one of the points he makes, so I have to work hard, not to look at my hands. Mostly vary practical and useful advice many of us SHOULD know, but seem to forget.

Reading the slip: The instructions are clear, the tips are nice and very helpful. I would have like to see a cut away of a live performance, to show some of the examples he talks about, but Stuart says, you will see them on the other disks. Fair enough, I am nit picking on this point.

Problem and solutions: Covers basic problems that one may run into, such as dry hands, dropping the billets, cant read what is written, what if the billet is folded wrong. Good information, not really covered in other areas.

Creating mystery and cold reading: Offers sound advice for expanding on the question, that is asked and offering tips on making your presentation more polished.

Theory: More on the debate of ethics of mentalism. I have to go with John Riggs on the Ethic issue. Just something for each person to think about.

Other Techniquies and the hybrid: Offers a list of other people products, which are usable with billets and most mentalist will have them or know of them. Stuart also offers his own version of a Center Tear, which I like a lot and works well with the billet work given on this disk.

Over all, I am well pleased with the disk 1 and the information given. I am not a billet man, but I agree with Stuart, that one should master one switch and use it. It is my view that practitioner of many master of none! I have learned a lot in a short period of time with the Anneman act and so far King of the Billets. Lots of good information, clear instructions, very clean ( a few blurs, when going to close up), no frills, no fluff.

His Center tear is nice, not always the best one to use, but one I will use as oppose to a few I know, that I do not use, so good value on that point.

Disk one: on a scale of 1 to 5, I give it a solid 4. I would have given it a five, but again I felt he covered the billets better on his other work.

I will provided an indepth review of each disk, as I watch them and get a feel for them.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index Penny for your thoughts King of the Billets-DVD (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.33 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL