The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Sylvester pitch DVD (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
alexramo
View Profile
New user
18 Posts

Profile of alexramo
I have contacted Dan Sylvester about purchasing his pitch video, but it is only available on VHS, is there anyone out there who has converted it to DVD. I would still send a payment to Sylvester and cover your costs in copying and shippment. I figure it will still be less expensive than purchasing a VHS player. I hope this request is received with the good morals that it is presented with. I just want to learn the move. Thanks
Jim Salabim
View Profile
Loyal user
Skien, Norway
240 Posts

Profile of Jim Salabim
I hope that one day he will convert it himself and sell it. Because I would certainly buy it.

You could check out Gregory Wilsons "On the Spot" DVD. It has a reasonable explanation/application for it.

Jim
Jeff Corn
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas
1190 Posts

Profile of Jeff Corn
You can get a VCR for $20, but I'm sure someone has converted it for their own use.
Yes, that is my real name. Yes, I am a real person. No, you probably won't agree with me.
Dove84
View Profile
Regular user
181 Posts

Profile of Dove84
The version of the pitch taught by Gregory Wilson is very basic. You really need the tape to get the technique right...and a lot of practice.
thehawk
View Profile
Inner circle
2275 Posts

Profile of thehawk
Lots of practice is right. It is a great tape and really makes you think on how the brain works.
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
8820 Posts

Profile of Mb217
The Pitch is one of the greatest coin manipulations every devised IMHO. The tape by Sylvester is wonderfully thought out and explained. And not many vids are as creatively unique as this offering. It takes a bit of practice to do it remotely as well as Sylvester does it, but you can get it down to a usable fashion in your coin work with some effort. I use the basic pitch all the time to move coins around, and it is extremely magical. If you really want to be good with it, with even more options, learn to do it in both hands. Smile There are some brilliant vids out there to be sure, but Sylvester's Pitch '98 is still one of them, it is still absolute magic. Smile Oh and with all due respect to the brilliance of Gregory Wilson, I'd say there's nothing like Sylvester on this topic - Nothing! So don't settle for learning just a quick trick, better to go to the Master and learn a true skill in the royal order of sleight of hand. Smile -MB
*Check out my latest: MBs Mini Lecture on Coin Magic, The MB Tanspo PLUS, MB's Morgan, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at gumroad.com/mb217magic Smile

"Believe in YOU, and you will see the greatest magic that ever was." -Mb Smile
joseph
View Profile
Eternal Order
Please ignore my
17137 Posts

Profile of joseph
Just watching him makes you smile....excellent tape....
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Einstein)...
Jacob Smith
View Profile
Inner circle
1773 Posts

Profile of Jacob Smith
I can't add anything more than already said other than get this VHS or DVD.
Badger
View Profile
Veteran user
Ireland
384 Posts

Profile of Badger
When he was a guest here he said that his dvd "On the Pitch" would be out sometime this year
Memory-Jah
View Profile
Inner circle
Mülheim an der Ruhr / Germany
1434 Posts

Profile of Memory-Jah
Will that be just a conversion or new stuff on the stuff, or better angles or whatsoever as well?
"Dropping your pants while you set off flash paper may allow your pass to go undetected, but it's still not invisible." - Count Elmsley
Dorian Rhodell
View Profile
Inner circle
San Francisco, CA.
1632 Posts

Profile of Dorian Rhodell
I use the pitch daily and I can definitely tell you it looks better in person than on video. A great way to learn the pitch is to do it blindfolded. Naturaly gets your hands and arms where they should be. It worked well for me and maybe it will work well for someone else as well.

Best,

Dorian Rhodell
jimmyj
View Profile
Veteran user
343 Posts

Profile of jimmyj
Dorian,
Thanks for the tip. I ordered Sylvester Pitch 98 last week from Hank Lee. Looking forward to it. I'll keep your suggestion in mind.
Jim.
Jakal
View Profile
New user
75 Posts

Profile of Jakal
I saw about new Sylvester Pitch 10 Year Anniversary DVD.
There were improved newly contents.
Have anyone?
Kyf
View Profile
Loyal user
UK, England (but Scottish by birth)
265 Posts

Profile of Kyf
HI Jakal,

Sylvester Pitch Anniversary 10 year have I,

Contents improved there are.

Yoda
"I put tape on the mirrors in my house so I don't accidentally walk through into another dimension." Steve Wright
joseph
View Profile
Eternal Order
Please ignore my
17137 Posts

Profile of joseph
It looks like trick photography .... His regular act is also amazing...
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Einstein)...
Mediocre the Great
View Profile
Inner circle
Rich Hurley
1060 Posts

Profile of Mediocre the Great
Did you contact Dan Sylvester? I think he does have this on DVD now.
Mediocrity is greatly under rated!
--------------------------------------------

Rich Hurley aka Mediocre The Great!
www.RichHurleyMagic.com
Kyf
View Profile
Loyal user
UK, England (but Scottish by birth)
265 Posts

Profile of Kyf
"I put tape on the mirrors in my house so I don't accidentally walk through into another dimension." Steve Wright
Jakal
View Profile
New user
75 Posts

Profile of Jakal
I will send mail.
All Thanks~
lorenwade
View Profile
Special user
869 Posts

Profile of lorenwade
I have done quite a bit of searching myself to find a DVD to no luck. There's a few routines that I have wanted to do that require using. While I can make a DVD out of a VHS for myself, I'd rather wait for one if he's going to release one and purchase it then.
acuster
View Profile
New user
36 Posts

Profile of acuster
Brian Platt's Catapult DVD contains the Fanning Pitch, which I believe is based on the Sylvester Pitch. Perhaps that would help. I like Platt's explanation and demonstration (and the other stuff on Catapult is great as well!)

But, given the way folks are describing this video, there may be extra in-depth subtlety, etc. on Sylvester's video. I'd be curious to know what I'm missing Smile.

Andy
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Sylvester pitch DVD (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL